You’re reading this article- 10 Reasons Not to Join a Bible Study-because you’re feeling apprehensive about a commitment. I know this, because I once felt the same thing as you. Numerous excuses filled my mind as I rationalized about logical reasons for not participating in Bible Study. These are my 10 favorite reasons for not participating in a Bible Study.
- You’re too busy. Satan likes a busy woman because those distractions will keep you away from God.
- You’re afraid of quitting. Not believing in yourself is an advantage for the enemy, he wants you to doubt your strength.
- Past failure. You tried a Bible Study, got behind and felt guilty. Right, just like the time you got on a bike, fell off, and never rode a bike again.
- Homework, yuk! Asking your children to do homework and then not doing it yourself…Satan just loves this.
- No time in my day. We waste time learning from TV and we don’t give our time to God by reading the Bible.
- My house is noisy. Getting up early is not easy, after the first day. Once you find alone time, you’re value it more than anything else in your day.
- I have to work. Making money is important, but worshiping money, instead of spending time with God, is not. Get up early or read at lunchtime.
- It’s too expensive. The online study is free, the book is inexpensive. Use your money for coffee drinks, or for God?
- The commitment is too long. Being scared is something Satan has instilled in your heart and he wins, not God.
- The “Holidays” are coming. There will always be a holiday, a Spring Break, Christmas Season or family vacation. While these events are short lived, bible study is a six to ten week commitment of reading God’s Word. His Word in your heart is eternal.
Like you, I’ve had many excuses not to join a Bible Study. As a result of my past attempts at church small group, I created the online Bible Study Cafe for women just like me. This study allows flexibility for your schedule, your family, your job and other events in your life. What makes it unique and important is that you can study at home, in your fuzzy slippers, and with a bad hair day!
You don’t need to impress anyone with your wisdom, your Biblical skills, your fancy church clothes. You need to impress G….O….D….. your Father.
What do you have to gain by spending one more minute at your job, arguing with your kids, watching reality television or throwing pillows at each other on Facebook!
You have a lifetime of memories created by spending time in Bible Study. Shall we give our hearts to Satan, or to God?
Why are you not participating in Bible Study?