Before we begin the bible study 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter on February 22, there are a few things you should know. Once a week on Monday, we’ll post an update for the study. This is an online small group format and for many, this is a new format for you. Here are some suggestions on how to benefit most from this online Bible study:
- Introduce Yourself: Please post an introduction to the group so we know how many women are participating in this study.
- Subscribe: When you subscribe to the blog feed, you will get an email when we post an article related to this study. You’ll notice three studies are going on…just read the one that relates to 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter
- Workbooks and Videos: In this online small group, workbooks are required and video sessions are optional. Be sure to download the Answers to the Video Sessions. The materials are available online for purchase from Lifeway stores. We are not affiliated with, nor do we receive any discount or compensation, from Lifeway.
- Pray: Before you read your lessons, pray. Pray for an open heart and mind, for clarity and understanding and for God’s word to speak to your heart. Pray for the other women participating in this study, and for their daughters. If you have a special prayer request, please post it as a comment.
- Scripture Verses: We post scripture verses related to the lesson and we will post them in the translation used by the workbook author, New International Version (NIV). At the end of the verse you’ll see a link to Bible Gateway, where you can “translate” the verse into another format.
- Comment: Everyone is welcome to comment on the study and share your thoughts about the lesson. Feel free to post your comment on any day of the week. Ask questions, share scriptures and participate in the Group discussion listed at the end of each blog post.
- Privacy: Please do not use the real names of your daughters when posting a comment. No matter how young she is, from age five to age twenty-five, her privacy matters. Use nicknames, such as “DD1” for “dear daughter 1” or “princess.” Would you want your Mom using your name on the Internet? Please treat your daughter with respect when online.
- Reading Schedule: The workbook is organized into five weeks and six video sessions. The lessons are short and simple, about 20 minutes each day. You can read one lesson a day or all five lessons in a day. Pick a schedule that works best for you.
Hopefully this is enough information to get you reading in Bible study with us! If you have any questions, feel free to email Christine, the blog author, and leader for this study. Next week on February 22, we’ll start 5 Conversations You Must Have With Your Daughter, the Bible Study.
If you are not familiar with author Vicki Courtney, then be sure to visit her popular website called VirtueAlert.com or VickiCourtney.com. Vicki is the author of numerous books and magazines for girls. She has created an online magazine for teen girls called VirtuousReality.com
Depending on God,