We begin our first week reading One in a Million as we read this week about DELIVERANCE. If you had a chance to listen to Session One, Priscilla mentioned that this 6-week Bible study is centered on three key ideas:
- Deliverance, Week one
- Development, Week two through four
- Destiny, Week five and six
So this week, in our study of Deliverance, we read about shackles and locks from a Biblical perspective.
Father God, as we begin our six-week journey in this Bible study, we ask a layer of protection over us as we study without distraction and interruption. May you bless each of us as we learn and grow in our faith and understanding of the Journey to the Promised Land. Amen.
Priscilla Shirer Quotes
- Before God’s chosen people could hope to enter the land promised to them, the shackle had to break. It held them back from entering the abundance God planned for them.
- While Israel’s slavery was physical, ours originates in the depths of our hearts.
- Your journey toward abundance and fullness must start at the foot of the cross.
Today’s Scripture Verses (NASB)***
Know that the LORD Himself is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalm 100:3
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. John 10:10
Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men, because all sinned— Romans 5:12
***Note, the book author uses the New American Standard Bible (NASB) for this study. If you prefer another version, please click on the bold image of the verse reference, you will be directed to BibleGateway.com where you are able to change the translation of the verse to another version, such as KJV, NKJV, NIV and more.
- Why do you think many believers do not experience an abundant relationship with God?
- What do you think of when you think of abundance?
Please post your comments.