At the women’s Bible Study Cafe, we’re completing week three of One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land. We’re reading about God’s glory during our wilderness journey as we are reminded to trust God. I selected this image because my stepDad is in a wheelchair, living with multiple sclerosis and he has shown me his constant trust in God.
Here are some scripture verses to meditate on this week:
- O Sovereign LORD, you are God! Your words are trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant. 2 Samuel 7:28
- In you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. Psalm 25:2
- Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:3
- I trust in God‘s unfailing love for ever and ever. Psalm 52:8
- In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. Psalm 56:4
- Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Selah Psalm 62:8
- Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God ; trust also in me. John 14:1
- May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5
- A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the LORD will prosper. Proverbs 28:25
- Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25
- Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. Jeremiah 17:7
- The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him. Nahum 1:7
Source: BibleGateway.com NIV
On page 77 of your workbook, Priscilla Shirer suggests you make this your prayer:
“Lord, this is what I desire. Please do it or something better.”
Practice this prayer and record your experience in your journal.
Priscilla Shirer Quotes
- The wilderness provides a vital and necessary prerequisite to reaching the spiritual abundance He wants to give.
- We must encounter and embrace the wilderness in order to align our lives with God’s plan.
- Our most difficult moments allow the Lord to receive honor.
Today’s Scripture Verses (NASB)
Is there a time when you experienced absolute trust in God? If so, please share your experience.