We’re on day three, week six with Priscilla Shirer, reading One in a Million: Journey to Your Promised Land. The lesson today is about becoming a willing servant when called by God. Since we don’t know when He will call, it’s important to be prepared and willing to serve. Satan, the Father of Lies, has been preparing you all along, not to serve the Lord. He’s filled your mind with toxic thoughts such as:
- I’m not qualified or educated at seminary school
- My past will disqualify me to serve
- I’m not healthy enough
- I’m too busy
- That was not God’s voice, I’ll wait and see if He calls me two more times
- I’ll do it only if God will do something for me
Do you hear the voice of the enemy in the battlefield of your mind? How easy it is for Satan to convince us we’re not being called, and how hard it is for God to get his children to listen. That’s why, only One in a million entered the Promised Land. Joshua, the trusting servant, listened to God’s voice and followed it.
Heavenly Father, we are called to serve and to honor you. You’ve bathed us in your love, and you’ve been patient as we walk this journey. Open our hearts to any lies, bring us into your army of servants and empower us to serve in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Priscilla Shirer Quotes
- Many believers tend to give more weight to their fears than the supernatural power of God.
- When we submit only to the physically observable and to the judgment and advice offered in this world, we lose sight of God.
- We must not live as people more directed by human reasoning than by faith.
Today’s Scripture Verses (NASB)
Thus they told him, and said, “We went in to the land where you sent us; and it certainly does flow with milk and honey, and this is its fruit.”Nevertheless, the people who live in the land are strong, and the cities are fortified and very large; and moreover, we saw the descendants of Anak there. Numbers 13:27-28
Are you walking in doubt, or are you willing and ready to serve God? Please discuss.