Congratulations to all the women who just completed the study of Ruth: Loss, Love and Legacy I’m so proud of you! More importantly, you’ve delighted God with your persistence in finishing the study. We started our study with Naomi losing her husband and two sons, and completed our study with the birth of the Savior, a kinsmen-redeemer.
Beth Moore has posted her final post for this year’s Summer Siesta Bible Study. You can read the Summer Siesta Bible Study Wrap Up here. Below is the video Beth has created for weeks five and six of the study.
Throughout the study, we have been praying for you individually. We starting a new prayer wall as we begin our new study of Jonah today. If you have a prayer need, please submit a new one here.
Kelly Minter Quotes
- The last thing we sometimes think of is how we can bless God or someone else with our coveted treasure.
- Faithful obedience and love to God during our earthly years can affect things long after we’re gone.
- Only God looks on the heart perfectly.
This Week’s Scripture Verses-NIV
Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children. Proverbs 17:6
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:22
Group Discussion- From the Beth Moore Blog
- Turn to p.122 and review the paragraph in the middle of the page beginning with the words, “I wonder if your life can be easily explained.” Follow your review by sharing what you wrote in reference to the “Personal Response” portion just below it, if you feel led.
- Turn to p.136. Kelly wraps up Week Five by asking us to have a closing prayer time over the one thing that touched us most in that five-day unit. If you feel comfortable doing so, please share that one thing with your small group or, if you’re going solo, share it with me and the rest of your participating sisters.
- Turn to p.144 and look at the wonderful bold print at the bottom of the page. Review the answer to the question, “Who suddenly takes center stage and does this surprise you?” Then, glance up to the top of the next page (p.145) and share your answers to the “Personal Take.” Have fun looking over those next couple of paragraphs Kelly wrote about “you know, the women!”
- Day’s Four and Five are so powerful that I cannot choose just one portion for you to review. Please glance over the entire ending to the Bible study, stretching over both lessons, and share what you have gleaned from God concerning LEGACY. God is just better than He has to be, isn’t He?