MML Week Three: A Wise Thought Closet

Welcome back to the Womens Bible Cafe. Can you believe we’re half-way through our study? If you feel a bit overwhelmed with the length of the study, know that you’ve captured the attention of the enemy. With certainty, the enemy does NOT want you to unpack your thought closet and refill it with the wisdom of God. Allow God to prevail in your battle and be blessed when you study Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild.

By now you’re releasing those unfit thoughts from your closet and replacing them with God’s Spirit. We’re learning that  in order to hear the Truth and wisdom of God, we have to quiet our thought closet and listen. Spending time alone in Bible study and reading the Word will quiet the noise and allow God to speak to you. Make your Bible Study the first priority of each day. Get up an hour earlier if necessary and shower yourself with the love and the presence and the wisdom of His Spirit. Pray Philippians 4:8 NASB throughout your day or use the I Spy game Jennifer refers to in your workbook.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

This week we learned about wise guides.  When we need spiritual direction, a wise guide will grab both our feet (if they point in a wrong direction) and pull them back towards the wisdom of God! They are not giving us a gentle tug, they’ll give you a really hard dose of Biblical reality and wisdom.  The wise guides encourage us with words from scripture, offer prayers and send us right back to God with our problems. If you don’t already have a wise guide in your like, start looking for one. Begin with a prayer.

We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.

Jennifer Rothschild Quotes

• A surplus of emotion usually precedes acting without wisdom.
  • Wisdom is the watchman at your thought-closet door.
  • God is not a stand-in for “wow.” (Stop using OMG)
  • Soul talk is faith’s companion, not its replacement.
  • Stay in the word and the Holy Spirit will teach you and remind you of truth.
  • No matter how crowded your thought closet, there’s always room for God’s Spirit!

This Week’s Scripture Verse

The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9 NIV

“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me. John 15:26 NASB

• Read Week Four in the workbook
  • Listen to the Session Four Audio or Session Four Video (optional)

1. Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 )
  2. What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )
  4. Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.

Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.
    Day 1 Watchman–to protect me from wrong or shameful people
    Day 2 More ways to fill your closet with wisdom–the questions on page 62 were very interesting and thought provacating.
    Day 3 Speaking truths to your issues–leave, clear out me, and stay away from me.
    Day 4 and Day 5 Snapshots of the spirit–Snapshot 1 God’s spirit counsels us. Snapshot 2 God’s Spirit represents Christ. Snapshot 3 God’s spirit is our teacher. Snapshot 4 God’s spirit reminds us of truth

• Nikky says:

1. Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 )
    I feel that my feelings are beginning to serve me well and serve me better when I am spending time in prayer and in God’s word. I am very reserved when it comes to displaying emotion whether it is positive or negative. In the past rather than expressing my feelings, I have taken those feelings and tried to examine them on my own with my human mind and have often come to wrong conclusions and spent time in isolation feeling inadequate, ignorant, and unworthy. I am beginning to take those feelings and ponder them with the Lord. I am finding that just as Jennifer points out in the study, the Holy Spirit can guide you to discovering what feelings are leading me to truth and holding on to those and discarding the rest.
    2. What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )
    I think that fearing the Lord means to be aware that He is great beyond description and I am so very small. His thoughts are higher than mine, His knowledge is greater than mine, His plans will always supersede mine.

The role of Comforter has meant so much during the recent time. I am ready to move forward though and I’m eager to have the Holy Spirit as a helper.

4. Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.

I have enjoyed being reminded of how the Holy Spirit is ready to guide us when we take time to listen. I have been granted extra quiet time this week due to bad weather and have enjoyed the quiet time spent in study and prayer. I have been behind in the study, but maybe I’ve just needed to slow down so I can understand this message.

• Anne says:

1. I have been a slave to my feelings recently. I have been listening to the negative voice that points out everything that’s missing. What is the most frustrating about this is that it has never been my style before. I have always been optimistic.
    2. What does it mean to fear the Lord? To revere Him, to know he is in control not me. We are fearing him when we esteem His truth more than our personal feelings.
    3. The quality of the Holy Spirit that is most relevant to me right now is Counselor. I had never thought about the Holy Spirit this way before. When I meditated and listened to the Holy Spirit I heard “You are not different (worse) than other children of God. You are Saved by the blood of Jesus Christ”.
    4. I will be paying more attention to the guidance of the Holy Spirit and less attention to my prideful and destructive thoughts.

Great week! Thank you for this opportunity to become closer to God’s truth!

• Linda says:

Ok I got behind this week, as I see many of us have. I had an out-of-town appontment so I brought my bible study with me to work on while I was waiting. I was excited that I arrived a few minutes early so I went to the ladies room to freshen up. Low an behold my book fell in the toilet! I just stared at it floating in the water in shock wondering what to do. So, in the next seconds, I fished the book out and just started laughing. Satan would love me to throw my book away because it was now covered in toilet water (actually very clean I might add.) Then God used this to show me a word-picture. So many times we see ourselves as an unclean dirty vessel that God would never use for his Kingdom Purposes, yet his word makes even the dirtiest vessel clean, and pure and useful for His Glory.

So yes, I kept my book and just use a lot of hand sanitizer!

Love the word picture Linda- thank you for sharing this with us! In dreams, the toilet can symbolize “eliminate” and what you did is the opposite. You did not eliminate your bible study when the book tumbled into the water, you demonstrated determination and your unashamed love for the Lord. It’s a Martha-Mary moment: Martha would say, “Lord the book does not bring honor to you, allow me to get a new one and then I’ll spend time with you.” Mary would say, “Lord, it was not my intention for this to happen, yet it did, I washed away the filth and I’m here with you.”

Your story reminds me of the time Beth Moore’s dog chewed up her favorite bible! Also, we had another woman in bible study who’s basement flooded, her bible and workbook were sitting on the floor and they were destroyed. That same day she went out and replaced them, determined that nothing would stand before her intimacy with the Lord.

• Marietta says:

1.Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 )

I am their slave in that I often discontinue, postpone or feel guilty about not finishing. Whenever I feel that way, I am learning to pray for wisdom and (emotional) strength and perseverance to see me through.

2.What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )

To worship Him. To adore and respect Him.

3.which quality of the Holy Spirit- Advocate, defender, Helper, Comforter or Counselor- means the most to you right now and why? (page 69 )

Helper,counselor, reminder of truth. When I am quiet and listen the Holy Spirit guides me through my resistance and resentment. Life is very exiciting with God’s help!

4.Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.

Page 70. This week I learned more about resentment which often attacks me. It is my most problematic self talk. I was surprised to learn that resentment comes from pride — thinking I am better than others — and envy — thinking I want what someone else has and not liking the work God has given me to do. It’s the “grass is greener on the other side of the fence” story. It is thinking I deserve “better” treatment and that someone esn’t giving me the honor I “deserve.” I had no idea what was leading me. I was both apalled (sp) and encouraged to see it so clearly. Thank you, Christine, for naming it. God surely used you to open my heart to the Truth. The lessons I’ve been resisting truly are just what God wanted me to see.

• Kathy says:

1. This study has really awakened in me that I tended to be a slave to my feelings! I’m sure my shy reticent, personality stems from the ramifications of being encumbered by my emotions. I tend not to speak my mind or stand up for my beliefs, rather to blend into the background.

2. I believe the fear of God means understanding the true nature of God. If we truly understood His nature, we would stand in awe of Him and wonder at His marvelous grace toward us. Who are we that God should be mindful of us???

3. I call on the Holy Spirit as a Strengthener or Helper. There have been many times in my life that I could not even think of the words to pray. He has sustained me through a divorce and a son’s fight with alcoholism.

4. I especially liked the story of the child with her father on the plane, finding good things to reflect on in a time of trouble. How perceptive of Jennifer to see God’s lesson to her and to all of us, that His hand is so, so good, and we are often unaware of all the blessings until we stop and acknowledge them and praise Him for His presence in our lives.

• Erika says:

1.Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 )
    I consider a feeler and a very compassionate person therefore my feelings get the best of me. I was just talking to a family member about how I tend to bite my tougue a lot in fear of hurting someone’s feelings which would result in me being hurt as well. I hold things back even when I probably shouldn’t. Sometimes I wish I wasn’t so sensitive because I feel it makes me a slave to to my feelings.

2.What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )

I believe fearing the Lord means putting Him above all and know that He alone is God.

I need the Holy-Spitrit to be my counselor because I need guidance and advice through some various areas in my life.

• Renee says:

1. Right now I am dealing with a fear issue, and sometimes fear comes as dread. The fear is involved with my sport, so some fear is healthy. (as some aspects of my sport can be dangerous) However, it is stopping me from moving forward and I am stuck. So in that case: slave. I’m working through it.
    2. Follow his commandments.
    3. I want them all!!! 🙂

• Karen says:

I am aware of my unhealthy emotions, I am truthfully praying daily to break this stronghold. I have been in the past (yesterday) a slave to my feelings. My perception of the circumstances are not true.99% of the time.This study is helping me take every thought captive. Is it true? With The word of God, and his spirit I can crush the lies of the enemy,and clean my Thought closet out so I can get new and refreshing thoughts to put in it.
    2.The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom. When I read the Bible,and meditate on it. I know he is Holy,and full of love, but he is also a just God. I do fear him. I yearn to please him.
    3.The Helper is most important to me at this time. With busyness,family,finances,health and Daily living. I need his help. I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Apart from him I can do nothing.
    4.I enjoyed this weeks study,what struck me the most was the roots and fruits.If I can get to the root of my stinken fruit,I can cut it off, and let the good fruit get healthy.

Praying with you Karen, interceeding. Asking the Father to break the stronghold of emotional thinking and replace it with Christ-like thinking.

• Sarah S. says:

1. Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 ) I do okay keeping my feelings in check. Of course, every 28 days the Lord reminds me that I will always be a creature of the flesh and ruled by the flesh and my feelings. 🙂
    2. What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 ) To keep His name holy and revere and honor Him
    3. which quality of the Holy Spirit- Advocate, defender, Helper, Comforter or Counselor- means the most to you right now and why? (page 69 ) Right now I need the Spirit most as Comforter — and he is! Our family is in the middle of transition and upheaval and the Spirit has kept me at peace through it. I’m so grateful.
    4. Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson. I enjoyed reading about the woman with the blood again — and that her faith took her to Jesus. I needed the reminder.

It’s been more than a year since I first completed this study and I remember the woman with the blood, she leaves an imprint in our hearts. It was not her emotions that lead her, it was her faith. She was walking by the Spirit and not by the flesh. Imagine the entire interaction lasted just minutes, yet the story lingers more than 2,000 years later. A mustard seed of faith can imprint through many generations.

A really great book to read is called “She Did What She Did” by Elisa Morgan, head of MOPS International. Its a simple story about the woman pouring expensive perfume on the feet of Jesus, another small act of faith with lasting importance.

1.Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 5
    For this time, I wrote that I thnk they serve me well. I am learning to harness my thoughts, and expel those bad ones… spit them out because they are bad medicine! I’m glad that I can write this, because when I first did the study, it was so not the case.
    2.What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )
    Fear means following in His ways. Also, it means to be reverent and full of awe. I can say that I am continually amazed by the awesomeness of God.
    Helper. I don’t have to do it all alone. It isn’t all about me… so by focusing on others, I can ask the Spirit to manifest through me.
    4.Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.I’ve really liked Philipians 4:8. I also liked the activities of focusing on the qualities of the Holy Spirit. I am so grateful that He abides with us, teaches us truth. And if He is in us, we can’t lie to ourselves, so we must start speaking truth. Eventually, if we keep speaking it, we’ll start believing it. God made us, Jesus died for us… God doesn’t make junk, and Jesus wouldn’t die for it! I also liked the story of the woman with the issue of blood. Sometimes we get so hung up on our issues that we forget their is a problem-solver, just waiting to be asked!

Saw this as a good answer to question one, are you a slave to your feelings:

“What it really came down to was I only met with God when I felt like it. And that, I was learning, just wasn’t enough. If I wanted to be filled with God on a more consistent basis, I had to determine to let myself be stretched, to make room for the Better Part a daily basis on my life. And that would mean learning to abandon my emotions as a compass and start exercising my will.” Joanna Weaver, Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World

• Irene says:

1. There was a time when I was a complete and hopeless slave to my feelings very often but since starting this study it has helped me a great deal to learn how to stop allowing my feelings to control get to me so much. I’m learning to remind myself of Gods truth and wisdom consistently and quickly rather than follow and ponder on the lies that lead to the feelings of disappointment and frustration and discontent.

2. To fear the Lord is to want to be obedient out of respect of the authority and wisdom that He possesses. To fear displeasing him and disappointing Him. To me its like a child that seeks a parents approval and fears upsetting, disappointing or displeasing the parent out of respect to their authority. That is how I feel I want to please God my Holy and all good loving “Daddy” and not cause Him so much heartache because of my rebellion and refusal to listen to his teachings and admonitions.

3. For me all these roles of the Holy Spirit are so very important at any time in my life I really can’t pinpoint one single role that I most need at this time.

4. I liked the recommendation or reminder put as to “4:8” your thoughts. To think on the characteristics of Phil. 4:8 True, Noble, Right, Pure, Lovely, Admirable, Excellent, Praiseworthy. I wrote the verse out on a note card and on the bottom wrote out in large bold letters just the characteristics alone as a quick reference/reminder to put on my refrigerator.

• Matie says:

1.Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave?

I feel for the most part, my feelings do serve me well. Of course, I have my
    days where I can get a little off track and my emotions run wild, but 98% of the time my feelings serve me well.

2.What do you think it means to fear the Lord?
    I feel it means to respect him. Do not doubt him. Pray, Obey and follow are the three words that come to mind.

I feel all of the qualities are important to me now, as it would not hurt to possess all of the qualities.

• Lynmara says:

1. My feelings rush most of the times. It causes me to think things that are not there.
    2. I truly believe that to fear the Lord is to respect him and understand His greatness. I thought I had fear forth Lord until I completed the quiz. I literally cried of embarrassment. I expected better from me at this point. I’m glad I was able to learn what was wrong.
    3. I’m in big need of God as a counselor and teacher. I need to heal the areas were I had the roots and fill them with knowledge.
    4. It has been a week for me!! At the beginning I was not sure about my labels. I was so used to them that I believed they were true until this week. I was starting to feel there was something wrong with me!! I am back up!

• Ann M. says:

1. I am not a slave to my feelings but they rumble around in my thoughts. Thankfully, God does not grow weary of teaching me to take a step back, confess my sin and seek his wisdom. This is true of both negative and positive feelings.

2. I think I fear the Lord when I am in awe of Him, His holiness & power and respond to Him with thanksgiving and obedience.

3. A quality of the Holy Spirit that I appreciate right now is that He is “absolutely committed to my ultimate good”. Along with God the Father and God the Son, I can rest in Him. I have had a lot of change in my life over the past six months and to know that no matter what happens he is the same yesterday, today, and forever AND absolutely committed to my ultimate good is fantastic. Thanks for the reminder. (I wrote that he reminds me of Truth in my book)

4. Something I enjoyed from this week, is that it helped me identify an issue I have in my life right now. Which helped me go back to week two and think about the underlying root and the fruit I am producing.

• Mindy says:

1.Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 )

I’ve been their slave. I realize I’ve always given feelings more importance than they deserve. I had a big “a-ha” moment several months ago and my eyes were opened to how feelings are untrustworthy and shouldn’t be in charge. I’m so thankful for this insight. It’s changed (and continues to change) so much for me.

2.What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )

Wanting to keep his rules and please him.

Helper. I want to learn truth and be guided by it, allowing the Spirit to remind me of God’s wisdom and word… before I react and regret.

4.Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.

I liked Day 1’s emphasis on feelings, since it’s something that’s been playing out in my life.

1. I am a slave to my feelings….I let them rule me, and take over my life. I need to spend more time in the Word and let the Lord take over my life not my feelings. I need major improvement in this area.

2. To fear the Lord is to obey Him in all things….respect Him in all we do. I once heard this said ‘Would you take Jesus everywhere you went, and would you do the same things if He was standing beside you or say the same things?” I think on that often and try and live by it, but I always do not get it done.

3. Comforter….because I need a lot of comfort in my life at this season of my life….going through a ruff patch.

4. Island of Misfits thoughts…like Christine.

Blessing to all.

• Yvette says:

1. My feelings have been serving me as a slave…the Lord dealt with me about self ambition but how it can lead to greed and self destruction. I was like wow…so I have been praying for deliverance on this matter. Being bound by the “keeping up w/ the Jones” spirit is not fun!

2. To fear God is to respect God. He is Holy and we are to treat him that way. I had to repent b/c I find myself saying his name casual like oh my God or Jesus…he is worthy and I need to stop doing that.

3. The quality of the Holy Spirit that means the most to me right now is teacher. I need the Holy Spirit to teach me things about myself and how I can use his help to make a change. Matthew 3:8 talks about our fruit meeting repentance. Takes more than just saying sorry about an issue…we need the Holy Ghost for that.

4. I enjoyed the scriptures on teaching..like Psalms 86:11. I wrote them down so I can quote them in regards to asking the Holy Spirit to teach me more about myself and what I need deliverance on. Praise God for this bible study b/c I am truly feeling deliverance in a matter that sounds like nothing but it a BIG part of our christian walk, our thoughts!

The principal at my kids Christian school once advised me to teach my kids to say “Oh my GOSH” until they let go of the OMG phrase common in our culture.

Teach me your way, LORD,
      that I may rely on your faithfulness;
      give me an undivided heart,
      that I may fear your name. Psalm 86:11 NIV

Teach me your ways, O Lord,
      that I may live according to your truth!
      Grant me purity of heart,
      so that I may honor you. Psalm 86:11 NLT

Train me, God, to walk straight;
      then I’ll follow your true path.
      Put me together, one heart and mind;
      then, undivided, I’ll worship in joyful fear. Psalm 86:11 Message

I like to look at the different versions of scripture using BibleGateway.com

• Ann M. says:

A more mature Christian woman once shared how she responded to her child’s casual use of God’s various names. She would stop and fold her hands and tell them something like “OK let’s pray.” I found responding to my own children that way made them stop and think & it made me stop and think too. They often rolled their eyes at me but they understood and changed their speech.

• Yvette says:

yeah, that’s what I’ve been trying to do now, say oh my gosh or goodness. Gotta show more respect to our Heavenly Father!

thanks for the different versions of the scripture.

I was on Twitter this morning and I saw a very popular pastor- Bishop Jakes- begin his tweet with OMG. Here is what he posted to his 26,000 followers:

“OMG! Dallas is SNOW white and they are driving like the seven dwarfs! LOL! Seriously, drive wisely and be careful!” 2/1/11 7:59AM

I was unsure if I should correct him with a private message, or retweet with a public message. Instead, I let the offense go because I was intimidated by his popularity. I’m not his personal friend and do not have access to him personally, so I am not in a position to rebuke him in love.

• Irene says:

I too very much felt the conviction about disrespectfully saying OMG casually on occasion and am trying to become more conscious and aware of it to stop.

• Mary Ann says:

I am SO behind. Something is keeping me from this study. I know what (or should I say, who it is. But, he will NOT derail me. I may be behind, but I am NOT going to stop, so I say, “Get behind me Satan, get behind me NOW!”

Mary Ann,

I get behind and spend one whole day getting caught up and it is hard to do at times. I am doing three studies at once…two here and one at church on Wednesday. I am behind on one here and will try and plan to get caught up.

Do not get derailed or disappointed…..Satan has a way of making us feel bad about our selves. So please do not stop…..and SATAN, Mary Ann is a child of GOD and leave her alone…go back were you came from!!!

Blessing to you and yours.

• Mary Ann says:

Thanks for the encouragement. I needed that. That you are doing three studies at once is outrageous to me. I should be able to keep up. BUT, that would not be something God would want me to say. So I will say, with God’s help and guidance, I will get caught up.

Thanks again!

Hang in there, Mary Ann! God wants good things for you… it’s easy to get behind, and discouragement is just what satan wants us to feel. You can do this… and you’ll be so much stronger!

Sometimes we fall behind because we need to wait to hear the words on a certain day or time.

For example, Last night I had a dream about spilling milk across a table, and a screaming and disobedient one-year-old under the table. I need to review this book, and its due in 4 days, so I started reading it again this morning. I fell across some words that stunned me! The words connected the dream I had last night. The author Kristen Feola writes “Like newborn babies, you must crave spiritual milk so that you will grow into a full experience of salvation.” Because I was behind in my reading, I was able to grasp the impact of the words and have further clarity for my dream. I also affirmed the importance of the book for my spiritual growth. Though I was behind on the reading, I was maturing spiritually.

It’s okay to fall behind, it’s not okay to give up on spiritual growth. Keep reading and sharing your thoughts with us Mary Ann.

• Mary Ann says:

WOW, Christine. It amazes me how God works with your dreams in such a spiritual and awesome way! I appreciate it when you put things into perspective. I have a friend, Denise, who does that too!.

Missing church four weeks in a row has really taken it’s toll on me. If I have to crawl to church…I’ll get there this week.

We’re supposed to have bad weather tonight and I am going to get my behind in my comfy clothes, snuggled up with Bible and study book in hand, say a prayer of thanks and petition God for guidance, the tackle at least one day’s study. (But hopefully so much more.) I really feel that there is something in this study that God wants me to “get.”

Thanks you for the encouragement. I just started writing a blog about my spiritual dreams. The blog is active but does not have the email subscription yet, so its not fully functional. It’s in the hands of a blog designer as we speak 😉 http://praylistenwrite.com or http://Twitter.com/praylistenwrite

• PattyA says:

We all need so much encouragement. Procrastinator is an ugly label and one satan really loves. Unfortunately, to get it from people is usually not an option. We have to dig deep within ourselves to find just what it is that we need. My husband posted this on facebook the other day. I would like to share it with you. He has been struggling with labels of his own and he finally found peace through this.
            HAVE YOU EVER BEEN GRIPPED BY WORRY OR FEAR?
            Worry is a completely unproductive emotion. It is the “advance interest” we pay on troubles that seldom come. The best antidote for worry and fear – prayer! God wants to be the first one we turn to in times of worry or crisis. When we do, He promises a special blessing. Do this:
            1. Stop Worring and Start Praying.
            2. Tell God Your Needs.
            3. Present Your Requests With Thanks.
            4. Receive God’s Peace
            Pray something like:
            Lord, here is my problem. It looms ever larger in my path, SO I AM PUTTING IT INTO YOUR HANDS. I am not going to worry Lord, I am going to trust in you. I am even going to thank you in advance for what you will do, because you know what you are doing.
            Read Philippians 4:6-7 and John 14:27 (he copied this from his study bible)

Really enjoyed reading this Patty, thank you!

• Anne says:

Sometimes when I am feeling stressed out about missing church or not being able to give full attention to our Bible study, I remember that our Pastor once told me that it’s okay to take a break and recharge so that you come back open and will clearly hear what God has to say to you.
          Christine’s example is a great one!
          I think you’re right MaryAnn, God wants you (all of us) to “get” something from this study. Isn’t it amazing when you realize that one thing you now understand that you didn’t 5 minutes ago?
          Keep warm,
          Anne

1. I’ve gotten better at listening to wisdom instead of my feelings, yet there is room for improvement and more work to be done. 🙂

2. To fear the Lord is to filter my thoughts of the flesh through the truth of scripture. I’ve learned to ask myself “is this the Lord’s will or mine?” If the answer is His will, then I follow it in fear that if I do not, I am disobedient to His knowledge and power.

3. Helper means the most to me right now because the Holy Spirit is my trusted counselor and guide.

4. Island of Misfit Thoughts.