Welcome back to the Womens Bible Cafe. Can you believe we’re half-way through our study? If you feel a bit overwhelmed with the length of the study, know that you’ve captured the attention of the enemy. With certainty, the enemy does NOT want you to unpack your thought closet and refill it with the wisdom of God. Allow God to prevail in your battle and be blessed when you study Me, Myself and Lies by Jennifer Rothschild.
By now you’re releasing those unfit thoughts from your closet and replacing them with God’s Spirit. We’re learning that in order to hear the Truth and wisdom of God, we have to quiet our thought closet and listen. Spending time alone in Bible study and reading the Word will quiet the noise and allow God to speak to you. Make your Bible Study the first priority of each day. Get up an hour earlier if necessary and shower yourself with the love and the presence and the wisdom of His Spirit. Pray Philippians 4:8 NASB throughout your day or use the I Spy game Jennifer refers to in your workbook.
Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
This week we learned about wise guides. When we need spiritual direction, a wise guide will grab both our feet (if they point in a wrong direction) and pull them back towards the wisdom of God! They are not giving us a gentle tug, they’ll give you a really hard dose of Biblical reality and wisdom. The wise guides encourage us with words from scripture, offer prayers and send us right back to God with our problems. If you don’t already have a wise guide in your like, start looking for one. Begin with a prayer.
We welcome any prayer needs from the group and ask that you will print a copy of the prayers, place them, in your workbook and pray for these women. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Jennifer Rothschild Quotes
- A surplus of emotion usually precedes acting without wisdom.
- Wisdom is the watchman at your thought-closet door.
- God is not a stand-in for “wow.” (Stop using OMG)
- Soul talk is faith’s companion, not its replacement.
- Stay in the word and the Holy Spirit will teach you and remind you of truth.
- No matter how crowded your thought closet, there’s always room for God’s Spirit!
This Week’s Scripture Verse
The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? Jeremiah 17:9 NIV
“When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me. John 15:26 NASB
For Next Week
- Read Week Four in the workbook
- Listen to the Session Four Audio or Session Four Video (optional)
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- Do your feelings serve you well, or are you their slave? (page 57 )
- What do you think it means to fear the Lord? (page 61 )
- which quality of the Holy Spirit- Advocate, defender, Helper, Comforter or Counselor- means the most to you right now and why? (page 69 )
- Share something you enjoyed from this week’s lesson.