Thank you for joining us on online bible study as we discuss week two of Stepping Up Through the Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore. Our group discussion was fabulous last week and I commend you for sharing your thoughts and hearts. We’re still walking with our singing pilgrims, dissecting each verse of the Psalms of Ascent. This week we concluded three more psalms, ascended three more steps on the temple stairs, and penned three more personal versions of our own songs.
Beth invited us to examine the relationship between where we look and how we feel. I thought you’d like to read this passage from the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
We beat down a gravel road in a cloud of dust, and I looked over at the billboard the van Veens had planted back in their woods. I asked Dad why anyone would bother putting a sign up in the woods if no one could make out the words. He looked at me squinting, and my mom made me an optometrist’s appointment. Next time we drove by the van Veens’ words in the woods, I wore glasses, horn-rimmed frames. And I saw the words as clear as a bell and I read them plain ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shall be saved.’ Acts 16:31 KNJ The words spelled out words. I need a lens to read them. Every dark woods has words and every moment is a message from The Word-God who can’t stop writing His heart….wear the lens of the Word, to read His writing in the world. Only the Word is the answer to rightly reading the world.” Ann Voskamp
We have many special prayers so please visit the Prayer Wall and give your voice to the needs of these women. We welcome any prayer needs from the group. If you have a prayer request for our prayer wall, please click here.
Beth Moore Quotes
- We are citizens of heaven with ankles chained to earth.
- God wants to equip us with a vision that sees higher, deeper and broader than our physical realities.
- Disrespect is not the same as disagreement.
- If God wills you into action, have the courage to do what He leads.
- If you belong to Jesus Christ, you’ve already been transformed into God’s treasure.
- Satan hates us because God loves us.
- Christ will never take us into a battle we cannot win.
- Jesus is the ultimate Prince Charming to every woman, especially the one who forgot she was Cinderella.
This Week’s Scripture Verse
Continue memorize Psalm 121, write each verse on an index card and start memorizing it as Beth recommend on page 22 of your workbook.
For Next Week
- Read Week Three in the workbook
- Listen to the Session Three Audio or Session Three Video (optional)
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- What do you think you’d do if you had God completely figured out? (page 45 )
- What is your own definition of disrespect? (page 47 )
- Describe a time you were most aware of Satan’s harmful intent. (page 55 )
- Share a special memory from this week’s lesson.