Brave Bible Study Week 5

By August 14, 2011Brave

We’ve finished week five of our bible study Brave by Angela Thomas and we have just one week remaining in this study. Angela has turned the pages of scripture and reminded us who are are and whose we are- visible to the eyes of God. We are reminded of His love for us and His awareness of us as His daughters. We are never invisible to the One who offers us eternal life.

Last summer I attended a womens conference where the entire theme was about feeling invisible! Ordinary women got on stage and spoke about the small differences they’ve made in the world.  God called them to be visible in His eyes and to follow His voice. Nicole Johnson gave this presentation and I thought you’d like to watch it here:

I really enjoyed Nicole’s book The Invisible Woman, When Only God Sees and gave my sister a copy of this book for her birthday. Elisa Morgan was also at the conference and she spoke about her book She Did What She Could, an inspiring look at how small things make a difference and are not invisible to God. If you are feeling invisible or know a woman who needs encouragement about her Godly worth- I recommend both books!

When you feel invisible, look Up and remind yourself you are His. Loved by the Father and promised an eternal inheritance with Him.

Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer or a praise report. Before you leave, take some time and pray for someone’s need. Lift others up as God has lifted you up. Send up prayers for the Lord to hear and answer.

Angela Thomas Quotes

• Striving is an ugly thing, especially on a godly woman.
  • It takes a lot of hurt to make a desert become the better option.
  • God sees you and me. We are not invisible to Him.
  • God is glorified when we live everyday aware and changed by His presence.
  • Living gratefully reshapes the soul.

1. Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 )
  2. Have you ever tried to get ahead of God as Hagar did, when she misinterpreted God’s delay as denial and took matters into her own hands? (page 113 )
  3. Based on what God is doing in your life, what name would you give Him? (page 119 )
  4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. The chapters name is important. In addition, middle of page 115. In addition, title of day 4. Bottom of page 122 where it says about journaling.

1. Yes, I feel invisible amost everyday of my life……..went I am home or with friends doiing somthing with them……..I feel as if I am here do you see me?

2. Have you ever tried to get ahead of God………yes all the time I have no patience and I am a control freak……most of the time my way or no way. Sorry if that upsets anyone BUT this is still something I am working on daily.

3. Based on what God is doing in your life, what name would you give Him? God of Love, Comfort and Forgiveness.

• Rebecca says:

Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 )
    Yes. God feels so far away at times. I feel like he is busy with famin and stupid people and I am on the back burner for him. But I know he is omnipresent and is always there.
    Some times I try to predict where God is taking me and I try to go a head on my own. But God always meets me where I am and brings me back to center.

• Allison says:

1. Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 )

Invisible, unnoticed, unimportant, under appreciated..(sounds like I do my own share of sulking)

God makes me feel humble, grateful for what I have, and sorry for doubting that He sees me even if He can’t see me, He has not and will not abandon me, He keeps His promises. God is my Comforter.

4. Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.

Day 5 – I hope to “reframe” my life with gratefulness instead of moaning. I pray I can be a woman devoted to God which in turn will affect the way I treat my children, husband, friends, etc.

• Yvette says:

1. Yes, I felt invisible with church. The rumors that was being said all b/c a guy at the time liked me instead of the pastor’s daughther, who liked him. I felt like God wasn’t seeing what was going on. It caused me to almost lose God at the end.

2.Yes, I have went ahead of God when it came to school. I never sought the Lord first, in all our ways acknowledge HIM and he shall direct our path. well, as a result of my own actions, I have wasted a lot of time school wise that I feel if I would of just spoke to God first, I wouldnt of made the mess I made when it comes to time.

3.The name I would give God doing this time of my life is El ROI…He is letting me know more and more that He sees all those little things that I tend to feel aren’t that much important to God. He even used a pastor to demonstrate His point. ex, as parents…you go out and get that toy that your child loves so much. Now that toy may seem silly to you but you get it anyway b/c of thelove for your child and you want to see them happy. well, how much more is the Father in Heaven feeling about us as His children!!! God sees!

4. My favorite moment of the week was day 1, unseen. we strive and sulk when really we can just give it ALL to God, for He sees. I am grateful that He let me know that I can come to HIm, even for those “little” things we tend to say we dont want to bother HIm on. Our God is so good to us!

• Jean says:

Yes – have felt “invisible” to God … and to others. The worst feeling is when you are “invisible” to those around you at church or a church group/activity. (At least you know God is really still there and will eventually speak again.)

I try not to get ahead of God as I know that is a huge mistake. I wait for HIM but that is a lot of times painful in itself.

I would say that I believe God is giving me new hope in Him right now –

My favorite part of this week is knowing “God Sees” and that I am not invisible to God.

1.Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 ) Yes, when a problem is not resolved or a prayer is not answered by my timetable.
    2.Have you ever tried to get ahead of God as Hagar did, when she misinterpreted God’s delay as denial and took matters into her own hands? (page 113 ) Oh yes and the outcome is not pretty. I’ve often suffered needlessly based on my need to be in control.
    3.Based on what God is doing in your life, what name would you give Him? (page 119 ) God of Grace and Mercy.
    4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study. Pg 121 – Obedience to God is our faith in action , the overflow of our love and gratefulness. Pg 124 – Truly it changes everything about the way you preceive God, to realign your prayers expecting Him to show up in His glory. My prayer life is changing and I have already seen one prayer answered. Praise be to God!

Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 ) Back in the late 1980s when my son was diagnosed with autism, I had never even heard of this disorder. There were no support groups or parents for me to talk with. I felt like I was lost in the desert and that God had forgotten I was there. I felt this way for many years until it finally dawned on my me that this was not a punishment for something I had done, but a way for me to share what I had learned with other parents and I actually made a career change as a result. Now I would not trade him for a so-called normal son but back in the day I flet so alone and abandoned that when I look back now I am surprised I did not do something stupid. Only years later have I understood God was holding my hand all the way.
    Have you ever tried to get ahead of God as Hagar did, when she misinterpreted God’s delay as denial and took matters into her own hands? (page 113 ) . Yes, I flet like God was not going to cure my son, I had to take matters into my own hands. Fortunately, i chose knowledge and advocating rather than something less positive.
    Based on what God is doing in your life, what name would you give Him? (page 119 ) At one time or other God has been eacjh of these to me. Omnipresemt friend and supporter is what He is to me now!
    Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.
    Hard to pick, but I could sure identify with Sarah wanting to take things into her own hands and have a child Her way rather than God’s. I have always had the tendency to want to “help” God because He is so busy and I can do things more quickly (or so I think!).

• Robin says:

Based on what God is doing in your life, what name would you give Him?
    God of patience and forgiveness

Share a favorite moment.
    My favorite moment actually started on the day I finished Week 4 and saw what the topic of Week 5 was going to be. I have felt invisible for so long. I’ve lived in the shadow of my husband for a long time. Due to new circumstances I am finally able to step out and find myself and create my own sense of self, but I don’t know how. I’ve been working on furthering his career for so long, I lost myself along the way. It’s been years since I’ve spoken and anyone has actually cared about what I have to say. This week I learned that no matter who is around and has their back to me, God is always listening. I’m not invisible to him. And this gave me a lot of confidence. I actually went on a job interview and I did great. It’s a mutipart job interview, so I have to wait to find out if I even made it to the next interview, but I had confidence during the first interview becuase this week I realized that God is listening. God sees me. I am important.

• Julie says:

1.Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 )
    When things are happening in my life where I wonder if God is anywhere, I can’t feel him, I am full of anxiety, fear and lonely.

I have tried to create the plan, direct the outcome of challenges in my life. I don’t let God, I don’t trust and wait for God to reveal HIS plan, and direct the outcome of my life. Many times in my life I have tried to “control” everything and not wait for God’s answer.

Compassionate God, Lord of forgiveness and joy. Replenisher.

4.Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.
    Lord this week I know that you have revealed to me in my interactions with others that you are the God of everything. That you know what will be and that I need to be obedient to you Lord and show obedience by surrendering to you and submitting to your commands. Lord I know that showing trust and obedience to you is the first step in allowing you to control my life and waiting for you Lord as I know your timing is perfect. I pray that God removes those obstacles that prohibit me from being obedient to him.

• Carol says:

Have you ever felt invisible to God? (page 111 )
    Yes, I have. I wasn’t attending church for almost a month, and was running away from a situation there that has been going off and on for the last 2 years. But I have been doing my bible study and praying to the Lord for protection and putting on the full armor of God. But I wanted to be “Brave” so I went to church last week. The Lord has been so faithful and loving towards me. Things haven’t changed but the Lord has been changing me. He is remolding and refining me to be less judgmental and critical of others. Since doing this bible study, I know the Lord sees and loves me.

Yes, I have always been a people pleaser and not a God pleaser. I would always apologize and take the blame for something I didn’t do to have people approve, like me and to have peace. Well, I went ahead tried to fix a situation and was misunderstood in church. There has been gossip and slander about me. A lot of people have not accepted me. But the Lord told me that I have been relying on my own strength instead of relying on Him. He is using this situation so I can become a servant for Him

The Lord is the God of restoration, and relief!

Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.
    On page 109, 3rd paragraph – Thank goodness for the truth of God and its power to transform our responses. I am learning that other people don’t necessarily speak for God. Because I am not invisible to Him, these days I can be in a crowded room of strangers and remember I am seen by the only One who really matters.

On page 109, 4th paragraph – Being ignored and feeling unnoticed at a reception is one thing, but to live most days not believing you are worthy to be known is a special kind of torture. Sometimes that’s how we allow this world to make us feel.

I was once convicted by the Lord to “put your feet on the ground at the church and pray” and then He told me specifically what to pray for. When He calls you to church, ask Him why He wants you there. Have a conversation with Him and the Spirit will lead you into God’s will and purpose. You’re showing obedience by going back- now ask for His purpose and He will reveal it to you. God absolutely loves you and sees you- and He also sees how others treat you. When you go back don’t ask “what’s in it for me” instead ask “what’s in it for God?” Then wait for the answer. As we learned in our study this week, obedience is rewarded by His blessings.

• Carol says:

Thank you Christine for your discernment and wisdom. I will definitely try this out. I want more of Him, less of me. God has started to put people across my path who are experiencing brokenness in their lives. I have been praying every day and the Lord wants me to think of some creative ways to reach out to others by encouraging and lessening their load for a short time. I am starting to be used by God and to help other people. For me, it will take the focus off myself, and I can move forward.