When Godly People Do Ungodly Things Online Bible Study Starts August 29, 2011

We’re leading three new online bible studies starting August 29, 2011 and one is called When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore. In order to participate in this 6-week bible study, you’ll need a copy of the workbook.  Christine Smith completed this as her very first bible study  several years ago, and is looking forward to leading the study here at the Womens Bible Cafe.

We’ll “meet”  once a week on Monday as we have an online discussion of When Godly People Do Ungodly Things. You’ll read your workbook at home five days a week, answer the workbook questions, and then join us on Monday’s to participate in a group discussion. There is no set time for the discussions, just show up and participate! We recommend you register for the Womens Bible Cafe by email so you’ll know when the discussion has started.

About the workbook When Godly People Do Ungodly Things (from Lifeway.com)

In this biblical guide to authentic repentance and restoration Beth examines why devoted followers of Jesus Christ can fall into the traps of Satan.Believers are still subject to Satan’s attacks. He is determined to disrupt the lives of Christians, destroy their ministry, and steal their joy. Sadly, those who have “fallen” may not recognize the devil’s schemes until they have already been caught in a snare of defeat. This six-week study is written in three parts. The first part is a warning to believers, while the second part shows women how to prepare for attacks by the Enemy. The third part is directed to those who have been snared by seduction, and compassionately points the way back to God.

If you are new to online bible study, please Read the Bible Cafe Getting Started Page

Reading Schedule for When Godly People Do Ungodly Things

• August 29, 2011- Launch day, start reading week 1
  • September 6, 2011- Discuss Week 1, start reading week 2
  • September 12, 2011- Discuss Week 2, start reading week 3
  • September 19, 2011- Discuss Week 3, start reading week 4
  • September 26, 2011- Discuss Week 4, start reading week 5
  • October 3, 2011- Discuss Week 5, start reading week 6
  • October 10, 2011- Discuss Week 6

How to Participate in the When Godly People Do Ungodly Things Online Bible Study

• Get a WORKBOOK copy of When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore (do not get the book version)
  • Get the Audio CD’s for the study When Godly People Do Ungodly Things (optional due to cost, highly recommended)
  • Introduce yourself: Post a comment below with your name, where you are from, and answer to this question- What is your favorite memory from Summer 2011?

• Dearc says:

Hi,My name is Dearc I am married and have two boys,ages 19 and 16.My summer was getting closer to Godand having that relationship with my father Jesus Christ,interceeding more for others.God is so awesome I could carry on and on.God waS the best that ever happen to me Glory to God…..

• Dearc says:

I agree,I woud like to join online bible study.

• Jessica Prosper says:

Aloha! My name is Jessica Prosper and the best thing about the summer of 2011 was getting out of the ARMY! God had reminded me of my purpose and put it in my heart that I needed to run my house hold instead of running Soldiers. Now it’s me supporting my husband 100% (he is also in the army); getting my oldest ready for pre-school next year and the youngest off of the bottle. I am very grateful to have this opportunity in life to be a mother and to interact with sisters in Christ during nap time! Better to join now than never.

• Carin says:

I thought I signed up but I couldn’t find my post. I am a few weeks late but just finished Duty or Delight!

Carin from Northern California (wine country). A regular here at the Cafe’.
    My favorite Summer memory was just this month. Spending a week at our lake house Labor Day week. We went boating all week with family & friends. It overwhelms me that we still own this vacation home. My husband had been out of work for a long time. We expected to lose this house as he had not received a paycheck for one year. God is amazing & very very good!! Just have faith!

• roxann says:

Hi, there.. I’m so excited and very late. I’m having troubles finding the first week of this study. I plan on catching up by next week. 🙂 God willing. I too I’m excited for Bible study online. I’m new at my church and have done some Bible studies there. But, always willing to try something new. Thankyou, for this chance. God Bless…..

• Linda says:

Linda – from Pennsylvania

I was a little behind this week and finished up the last day’s study on Saturday (my day off). I had more time and I went out into the cool morning air to enjoy the sounds of the birds and the beginning of the beautiful day and to get a first hand view of God’s creation. It was a great way to start the day.

The more I am into this Bible study the more I am enjoying it and the more I can that it is what I needed at this point in my walk. I can especially relate to the ‘pray without ceasing’. I know I need to be in a constant contact with God, but too often the busy day gets in the way. I feel the need to get closer to Him through prayer.

• Heather says:

Heather from Denver, Colorado! I am starting a few weeks late, but am so excited to find a good online Bible study group! Iam focusing more time on my family while working full time, so I am unable to participate in my church’s study this fall.
    My favorite summer memory was spending time with my family in the mountains and on a vacation to Wisconsin!

• Elena says:

Hi to all sisters in Christ and may the peace of our Lord be with you. I am Elena from Kent, United Kingdom. Found Beth Moore’s book while browsing in a second hand bookstore only some days ago. It took me like a storm from the first page, i am still reading it… My favourite memory from summer 2011 has to be the three days my girls and i spent exploring Jane Austen’s Hampshire, her house museum, her brothers estate – it was just wonderfull.

• Dawn says:

Hi I’m Dawn from Chicago Illinois. My favorite memory from Summer 2011 was spending a day at the zoo with my 6 year old nephew. It was great to be able to spend time with him and see the world from his perspective.

• Lynn says:

Hi! My name is Lynn, and I’m new to online Bible Study. It’s been several years since I’ve participated in a group Bible Study, and I’m excited (and hopeful) about it. I would like to make myself sound better than I am, but the truth is that I’ve drifted so far from the Lord that I’m afraid He’ll never take me back. I need help and a place to be candid (it’s hard to do that where people know me personally since they think I’m a super-Christian). I know the truth in my head about God’s love and forgiveness, but I feel as if I’ve crossed a line of no return, so here I am. I need Jesus, and I need to experience His truth and love!

You can be authentic here….its one of the best things about the Bible Cafe!

• Elena says:

Praise the Lord, my dear sister in Christ, for you know the truth, as you say about God,s love and forgiveness, which means you are there. Knowing, means you have had to first learn, so two out of three stages have been succesfuly completed. All you raelly need to make yourself do know is put it into practise. How? By declaring out loud (whether you feel it yet or not): Lord, i have sinned, forgive me. Father I feel as if i ve crossed a line of no return, a line that separates me from your love and forgiveness. But Lord i know that this are only the scheems of the evil one, to make me stumble and fall. Lord, I know i went astray, but i also know and believe your word that you will leave the flock of sheep and go after the one whos lost, because your love is without measure. So, I am determined to not give in, but to stand firm in your name, with my eyes focused on the cross. Give me strength, open my heart, mind and soul to be receptive only of Your Word, My Lord Jesus.I prase and Thank you for Your Love, Mercy and Salvation. In Jesus Name. Amen.
      Only because we are Christians that doesnt make as saints nor perfects, we are just as human as anybody else, vulnerable, hurt, tempted even more, because the evil one doesnt like to see Gods plan for us being fulfield. The greatest difference and advantige we have is God-the one source of creation. Praise, honour and blessings be to Our Awsome God.
      Keep stong and may the Lord’s hand be over you. X

• Sharon Peterson says:

Sharon Peterson from Las Vegas, Nevada. My favorite memory of this summer if finally being able to see my husband after not seeing him in a year. He was sentenced to prison and my 7 year old son and I were finally able to hug him for the first time this summer in over a year.

• Diane says:

Diane Henneman, Spokane, Washington,,,my favorite memory ,,the times spent with my grandchildren. They make me laugh and bring me so much happiness.

• Lori says:

Lori, Houston, TX and my favorite memory of our Summer 2011 was our 2 week trip to West Point and New York.

• Vicki Matthews says:

My name is Vicki9 from Liberty Hill TX. I can say the most memorable experience this summer is getting ten new laying Barred Rock chickens. I am brooding them as we speak in our guest bathroom. So no visitors for three more weeks, but lots of eggs in about three months.

• Amy says:

Amy Williams, wife and mom to 2 teenagers. Newburgh, IN. This summer my daughter and I did a girls get-a-way with my cousin and her daughter who live in Indianapolis. It was a great time for us to bond and enjoy each others company.

• Rhonda B. says:

Rhonda B. from Tennessee …… visiting Nashville Zoo with grandkids, and my sister, who lives there !!

• Natalie says:

Natalie from Chesapeake. Va. My avorite summer memory has always been just sitting at the beach and listening to the waves as a gentle breeze blows by.

• Mary Govantes says:

Mary, Pembroke Pines, FL. My favorite memory from this summer was spending time with the kids at the waterpark!

• Trinity says:

Trinity, Greeley, CO..My favorite Summer 2011 memory is being a stay at home mom for the first time ever 🙂 Couldn’t of asked for anything more.

• Misty says:

Hello my name is Misty and I am from a small town in NC. My favorite memories from Summer 2011 are spending time with friends and family…the birthday bash/cookout we threw for my step-dad, spending time with my children and getting back in touch with friends and family I had lost contact with over the years.

• Paula says:

Paula, Memphis, TN. My favorite memory of summer 2011 was the laughter of my children swimming in the pool all summer long.

• Gloria says:

Gloria, Arroyo Grande Ca. My favorite memory is taking my grandkids on vacation. Every summer we take our 3 grandkids on vacation. Ages 5,8, and 12. I Feel so blessed to be able to do that.

• Melissa says:

Melissa, Cincinnati, OH. My favorite memory from this summer would be our vacation to Branson, MO in June where we conceived our first child which we are expecting St. Patrick’s Day 2012 (also my husband’s birthday)!!!

• Lisa says:

Hi! I’m Lisa from Temecula, CA. I just ordered my book, so I may be starting a little late! My favorite summer memory is going on a week long road trip with my husband and two sons through old California gold country. We had a great time exploring old towns, swimming in creeks, and even trying our hand at panning for gold! I am really looking forward to the study!

• Traci says:

Traci, Tampa, Florida. My favorite summer 2011 memory is the birth of great nephew – he was born on my birthday.

• Brenda says:

Brenda, Santa Fe, Tx. My favorite memory from Summer 2011 is doing the Summer reading program with my grandchildren at our local library. It was a joy to watch them enjoy reading.

• Lisa, Union City, TN says:

Excited to start a Beth Bible study again.

• Mary Ann says:

FYI – I picked up the companion book, ” Arm Yourself Against The Enemy’s Schemes” and after reading just the introduciton, I think it’s worthwhile for anyone participating in this study. Just my opinion.

• Mary Ann says:

MaryAnn Maryland: My favorite moment from Summer 2011 was when I read, I Am Chosen – “For He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight.” Eph. 1:4

Never, in my lifetime, have I had a verse touch me so profoundly. To FINALLY get that HE chose ME first. I mean, I read it before…but this time, it finally penetrated this thick skull of mine. What a blessed moment that was for me. I praise Him for choosing me, every day!

• Kim says:

Hi I am Kim from Pennsylvania. Favorite summer memory is vacationing at Stone Harbor, NJ with my family. I am new to this bible study. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Self-discipline is key to staying on track. Set a habit of reading daily, the morning seems to work best because if you wait till the end of the day, you may be too tired or distracted. Welcome Kim!

• Devin says:

Devin, Wichita Falls, TX. My favorite memory from Summer 2011….can i name two 🙂 One was having the opportunity to tutor a child who has dyslexia during my 2nd block of special education classes for college…and two was getting to go to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday!

• Lisa says:

Hello!

Valencia, CA here (socal) My favorite memory from summer 2011 is our family vacation to Malibu. We just moved from Co to Ca so we absolutely love the beach. We went kayaking, swimming, shopping etc. Relaxed… Read a book… Had a great time

Lisa

• Mary Ann says:

Late, as usual…MaryAnn from Maryland… Favorite memory from Summer of 2011:

When I read: “For He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight.” Eph. 1:4
    HE chose ME! Powerful…

• Tammy says:

The summer of 2011 has been about making new memories as it is the first summer without my mom. My favorite memory will be spending a week in Branson with my family. Although it was a working week for me, my family was near, and the grandbabies brought us much laughter ! Smiling through the tears this summer 🙂

• Donna says:

I’m Donna from Independence, MO. My favorite summer memory is spending time with my family on vacation in Williamsburg, VA.

• Vicki Smith says:

My favorite memory from Summer 2011..being on vacation with my husband at Hilton Head Island. Had such a great time together.

• Misha says:

Hi ladies! So excited to participate in this study. I look forward to receiving what He wants to reveal to me through this study as well as the fellowship with you.

My favorite summer memory of 2011 was a much needed vacation to Key Largo. It was a gorgeous setting, very relaxing and I met many people. More than anything, God used that time and place to reveal countless things to me– and the revelations are STILL coming!!! It was a pivotal point in my walk. So much that I have begun writing (one of the revelations).

Have a blessed week!

• Tanya says:

Tanya from Kingsport, TN …. we didn’t do a lot this summer but my husband and I cleaned out the garage, had a yard sale, and with the money purchased new bicycles….that’s going to become an ongoing memory as we found that we both enjoy it so much! 🙂

• Laura says:

Manhattan, IL – My favorite memory from Summer 2011 was celebrating my 50th birthday with friends and family with a surprise party given by my wonderful husband. My daughter and grandchildren were flown in from California as an extra suprise. Then on my actual birthday, I went skydiving for the first time with my other daughter!

• Kelley Wolfe says:

Love Beth Moore!

• Jen Aspenson says:

My favorite memory is the day I decided to go back to work for my family business. I had been questioning my career path for a long time, and I decided to accept a postion at our local hospital, something I have dreamed of since I was a kid. Turns out it wasn’t for me- and I am 100% positive that God wants me at my family business. Which is great because I am happy to be here! Satan got the best of me in the last bible study- so I’m giving this one a try. Please pray for me 🙂

• Lakecia says:

Lakecia, Montgomery Alabama: My favorite memory of Summer 2011 is our family reunion, which was held on July 4th and in discovering “Italian Ice”…so good 🙂

• Diana says:

Diana B from Houston, Tx, My favorite memory for Summer 2011, having my daughter and granddaughter visit from Baltimore,MD.

• Kristy says:

Hi, I’m Kristy from Kansas. My favorite 2011 Summer memory would have to be horseback riding with my girls.

• Paula says:

Hello! I am from Michigan. I’m excited to do another Beth Moore study. I always learn so much!
    My “favorite memory” from summer of 2011: recovering from broken ankle and broken wrist following a auto crash in May.
    Here’s looking forward to a full recovery – taking one day at a time.

• Donna Race Aravanis says:

I’m disappointed because I ordered my CD’s and workbook on Aug. 20th and they won’t be here until Tuesday by the end of the day. I’m really itching to get started. Didn’t know that my stuff was coming from TN by way of the slow boat from China. Guess I’ll just have to be very dedicated and catch up when I can. I need to be in God’s word now more than ever. I’m having a rough transition back to full-time work after being out 8 months on medical leave for breast cancer treatment.

My name is Rhonda. I currently live in Indiana but hope to be relocated to South Carolina by winter. My favorite memory from this summer was taking my son to Isle of Palms. This was the first time he had seen the ocean. It was awesome.

My name is Rhone. I currently live in Indiana, but hope to be relocated to South Carolina by winter. My favorite memory of this summer was taking my son to Isle of Palms. This was his first time seeing the ocean and it was awesome!

• e.c. says:

Got my book the other day & so excited to get this started!

• Debby says:

Debby, Houston, TX. No favorite memories. Didn’t go anywhere this summer. Will be going later in the year.

• Debbie says:

Hi Ladies!
    Debbie~ Hershey, PA…Best Summer 2011…..yesterday I celebrated a very important God-sent anniversary…maybe at some point during the study I will share….first online Beth Moore study, however completed many of her books through church.

For any of you ladies out there needing a little encouragement…..YOU are here because GOD wants you to be…He has something He wants to share with you through this study and fellowship! I was at the bookstore yesterday and picked up the workbook twice and put it back down….didn’t think I had the emotional strength to face the difficult topic. Went back to the isle a third time….walked by, picked up the workbook and realized….I don’t have the strength….but GOD does and he will see me through!!

Off to start reading!! See ya all tomorrow!!

• Kelly says:

Kelly, St. Charles, MO. My favorite summer memory was watching my 4 year old daughter dance at her first National competition and watching my 2 boys swell up with pride as they were cheering her on.

• Marilyn says:

My favorite memory of Summer 2011 was two my husband and I went on a Chuck Swindoll Alaska cruise and my entire family all my grandchildren and children went on a Disney cruise. We are creating memories!

• Paige Butler says:

Auburn, AL; My favorite memory from this summer is going to Disney World with my family. My 2 year old hated Mickey Mouse:) I loved him.

• Raquel says:

Raquel, North Texas. My favorite memory from this summer was driving across the country to surprise my Great Grandma for her 90th Birthday. I am so happy to have found this group and I’m very excited about the Bible studies. 🙂

• Sally says:

Christine, I have a question????? I got my workbook, and am wondering about the video study sheets at the end of each lesson??? I have ordered the cd’s and they should be here next week. Do the cd’s cover the video study sheets????? Just curious. I love Beth Moore, and have taken some of her video classes. Looking forward to the study. God bless, Sally

• Phylecia says:

Phylecia from Houston, TX. My favorite memory is a road trip to the east coast.

• Kimberly Grey says:

my books shipped today!!! hope they get here in time….

• Kathie says:

Hi I’m Kathie from Elk Grove, CA My favorite part of this summer has been the Saturdays I spend with my husband on our boat – all of our kids are grown up so its just us again

• Angie Naidoo says:

Angie from South Africa. I am on holiday in your beautiful country with my husband. I am with amazing friends in Harrisburg..Praise the Lord for Dale and Karen. I know this is going to be an unforgetable holiday.

• kasey says:

I’m Kasey from Alabama. My family and I camped all summer. My favorite memory is of my husband, our children and six friends they made at the campground having a water balloon and water gun fight.

• Jane says:

Hi my name is Jane. I am from Northwest Indiana. This is my first bible study and I look forward to getting started. My favorite memories of this summer was last month when my sisters treated me to a trip to the Bahamas. Beautiful place! My prayers go out to them right now and all the other people dealing with the hurricane.

• I am Kim Grey from Altamonte Springs Florida. Looking forward to our study. I loved reading books this summer other than my text books that I need for my MBA program at Keller Graduate School of Management.

• Caroll says:

Caroll from Oklahoma. My single most favorite memory: June 10th, hearing the sweet sound of “Welcome Home” by airport US Customs agents upon my final return move following several very arduous years of living abroad.

• Sally says:

Yes got the email today that my book is on the way. I love Beth Moore, Have seen her in person twice. She is a good and godly woman. I am looking forward to this study. Cant wait to look at my book when it shows up. Sally

• Renee says:

Renee: Texas. I spent my first summer in 12 years just relaxing around the house!! I also finished up Breaking Free.

• Fallon says:

My name is Fallon and I am from eastern NC. My favorite memories of the summer are going to the beach and going on bike rides with my family (=

• Jackie35 says:

Oops, I thought you wanted us to write down our favorite scripture for the summer of 2011! Hahahah

Sorry. My favorite this summer is when I took my niece and nephew to Dorney Park on the last day of school June 28 here in NYC.

• Jackie35 says:

Hi, My name is Jackie and I am in NYC. I really need to get closer to God and I know he is calling me. I don’t know what my calling is and without reading his word daily, I won’t be able to fulfill my purpose in him. I attend church here in the city and I love it. We are a family after the heart of God. My studying habits are bad and I need help. I need discipline and structure. So, here I am…

My favorite scriptures are (I think there are about 50 +) but since you want one: John 15: 4
    1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman.  2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.  4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

• joan jeffers says:

My pastor invited me to a Pastors Conference at Lake Tahoe (Zephyr Point Conference Ctr). I am the volunteer Director of Christian Education for my church but was allowed to fill a space for one of the pastors who had a family emergency. In addition to an incredible venue and wonderful fellowship, I was able to attend all the sessions which were powerful. A wonderful presentation by Dewitt Jones asking us to “Cebrate what is right in the world”. Then incredible Jazz Praise music by Jim Martinez and his accompianists and a lakeside campfire night. BUT, the best memory was a very unique and moving Communion by Intinction. What a blessing!

• Vivian says:

I forgot to tell where I’m from, SC, and a litte about myself. Married with 3 children. I’m a minister at my local church. I enjoy preaching, teaching and learning God’s word. I’m in school full time at Lee University, taking 4 clsses this semester. I have a prison ministry and my life is very busy, and I hope I am able to keep up. I have attended a women’s Bible study at my cousin’s church, a study of David’s life, with Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, and Priscilla Shirer, I enjoyed the fellowship,learning and discussing God’s word. I look forward to the same with this study.

• Vivian says:

Hi, I’m a new comer, it’s great to be joining the group. My favorite memory this summer is, when we had my mom a surprise 78th birthday dinner w/ almost 200 people in attendance. and my husband and I went to Orlando for vacation, we visited the Holy Land Experience, it was amazing, we were able to have communion with Jesus.

• Nellie says:

My name is Nellie and I am from Deltona, Fl. I have read several Beth Moore books, but this will be my first bible study of hers. My favorite memory of the summer of 2011 would have to be going away with my hubby to celebrate 27 years of marriage!

• Gina says:

Gina, Greenville, SC; fave moment from summer was enjoying the magic of the Magic Kingdom w my children for (their) first time! My five yr old told me it was the best time he has ever had! It was, despite the rain and heat, the most amazing family vacation. We laughed, stayed up late, ate fancy dinners, watched fireworks and made memories…

• Ashley says:

My name is Ashley, I’m from a small town in NW Ohio. This is my first online bible study and I can’t wait to start! My favorite memory of this summer was getting married, then recently finding out that we’re expecting 🙂

• Sally says:

Hey Ashley, Where in NW Ohio???? I am originally from there. My sister and brother in law live in Wauseon. I am from Napoleon. I was just there at the end of June!!!! Small world!! God bless, Sally

• Ashley says:

I’m sorry, I just saw your comment! Ive been to Wauseon a few times and I know where Napoleon is. I grew up in Van Wert and just moved to Delphos – have you heard of either? It is a small world!

• Alisha Christine says:

Hello!
    This will be my first bible study online. I am teaching preschool this year and cant participate on the morning bible study, so I found you! I hope that I can keep up!

My favorite thing about this summer was going to Jekyll island with my 1 and 5 year old and husband. We had an amazing, much needed ,relaxing time!

• Donna says:

Hi Alisha,
      This is my first on-line bible study too and I also teach pre-school. I love Beth Moore’s study’s and I’m looking forward to getting in to the word to keep me focused on God and to help me handle the stress of being full time teacher, mother and wife. God has given me many blessings to manage this Fall!

Jennifer D, San Antonio, Going to the see a part of state I live and taking time to relax.

• renate says:

My favorite summer memory was the summer evenings (before it became too hot…) that my husband and I sat with friends on our rooftop deck, sharing food and laughter and enjoying the new pergola that we had built together. And am looking forward to more as the autumn cools things down a bit….

• Leslie Henderson says:

Atlanta, GA. Favorite memory would have to be hiking trip to Salida in early August. God’s creations are magnificent!

• Sally Orwig says:

Oh sorry I am from the Tampa Bay area of Florida. Hurricane central. But so far this year no hurricanes. Praise the Lord!!

• Sheree says:

Hi Sally….I absolutely love Tampa Bay. My sister lived there for many years and I loved going to visit her every summer. They just recently moved to Boynton Beach about a year ago due to her husband changing jobs. I’ve been there only once…it’s a very nice area, but Tampa Bay was my favorite. I would love to move there one day.

• Sally says:

Hi Sherre, it is really warm here right now. But Irene is bypassing the state of Florida. You have an open invitation at anytime to come on down. I have a one bedroom apt. But it is a very quiet apt complex. Oh and my book is going to be here tomorrow(Thursday) I am excited. Was worried it would not get here on time. But it is going to be here. I love Beth Moore.

• Sheree says:

Hi Sally…Awwww…that’s so sweet. Thanks for the invite. I bet your apt. is very cozy. I’m also glad Irene is bypassing Florida. And it looks like it is going to bypass the state of SC too, where I’m from so we are very excited about that. The Charleston coast was devastated when Hugo came through several years ago, so we do not want a repeat of that. But it appears it’s going to hit our neighbor NC and all the way up the coast even to NY. Let’s pray that it turns and heads back out to the ocean. You never know with a hurricane…they are so unpredictable. I have done almost every Beth Moore study she’s written, and this is my second go round with “When Godly People Do Ungodly Things” which is an awesome study. I’m looking forward to her James study coming out in Nov. I’m sure Christine will introduce that one in the Bible Cafe 🙂

We are going to do the James study when it comes out. Looking forward to it!

• Sally says:

yes I love the book of James. I am also going to do Believing God. Will do that one with the videos on the Life way site. I will definitely sign up for the James study when it comes out.

• Sally Orwig says:

hmmm favorite memory from this summer? It would have to be visiting my Sister and my brother in law and my nieces, in Ohio and getting tomeet my newest Great nephew for the first time. He is such a cutie. He saw me one day and I started to laugh, and he thought I was soo funny. He just started to giggle at me.

• Kim says:

Kim, Roswell, GA

The best part of summer for me was to be able to be with my daughter before, during, and after her surgery. She is 27 and had her tonsils and adnoids taken out. Recovery was rough with her, but with much prayer and love, she made it through. Praise God, she can now smell and taste for the first time in years!

• Pam says:

My name is Pam. I am a 44 year old SAHM. My fav memory from Summer 2011 is seeing my children grow spiritually after the camps and conferences they each participated in. I have seen them return to high school for their senior year as stronger Christians.

• Donna says:

My name is Donna from Fresno CA. My favorite Summer 2011 memory is going to Disneyland for the first time with my family after finishing up 8 months of treatment for breast cancer.

• Allison says:

…from Scottsdale, AZ (just moved here in May). Favorite memory of summer 2011…time spent with my adult children. Looking forward to my second Beth Moore Bible study.

• Kirsti Carter says:

Hi, my name is Kirsti, I’m from Sherman, Illinois!! My favorite 2011 summer memory is when I met up with my kids in Nashville. They had been in Florida for 10 days prior to this with their grandparents. I’d never been away from them that long and it just hurt so much. I couldn’t stop hugging them when they finally showed up. I love my kids so much, but it’s true, absence DOES make the heart grow fonder!!!

• Jennifer says:

Looking forward to this study! 😉

• Celebrating with my best friend on her 25th Wedding Anniversary in Georgia!!! Priceless!

• Amanda says:

I’m Amanda from Raleigh, NC. My favorite memory from summer 2011….wow…Not sure how I will be able to pick just one! Off the top of my head, watching my son learn how to ride his bike was pretty cool! 🙂

• e.c. says:

Hi im erica from pa. My favorite summer memory is just having my whole family together this year.

• Julie says:

Julie, Windsor, Colorado. My favorite memory for Summer 2011 was getting together with my family at my parents house. It had been years since I had been together with both of my sisters. It was great reconnecting and watching my children who are now young adults getting to know their aunts.

• Heidi says:

My name is Heidi and I am from Central Illinois.

My favorite summer memory has been having the opportunity to leave my job to be home with my kids this summer. I will also be a full-time college student beginning in a couple of weeks and am excited to see what God has in store for me next. 🙂

• Megan says:

My name is Megan and I am from Southwest Missouri.

My favorite Summer 2011 memory would have to be when my son crawled and pulled up for the first time. My husband and I are first time parents and watching him grow and learn is a joy in itself. I’m so thankful that God chose me to be his momma. 🙂

• Monica, NY says:

My favorite summer memory is my Mom’s visit to see me & some really good laughs the Lord gave us. My most recent was the Peace & Prescence of God I felt in church this Sunday while rocking my friends child during the service!

• Laura says:

Laura, San Jose, CA. My favorite memory from this summer has been spending time with my family both at home and traveling to British Columbia and in the beautiful California wine country. The slower pace has been so nice and much needed.

• Holly says:

Holly, Orrville OH — my favorite summer memory so far was our camping trip to Mohican Reservation over Memoral Day weekend. This is my first online Bible study, I can’t wait to get started! 😀

• Wendy says:

Wendy, from Alabama. Favorite thing about this summer so far…learning to make t-shirt quilts. I’m still waiting on my vacation! 🙂

• Amber Smith says:

My name is Amber Smith. I am from the “big” town of Farmville, NC. My favorite memory from this summer would have to be my friend’s wedding in June.

• Debi S. says:

I’m Debi from Bend, OR.

My favorite memories have been: moving to a new house that is perfect for our family and a recent morning canoe trip with my family when my son asked Jesus into his heart.

• Sheree says:

Sheree from Lexington, SC….. this was the first adult Bible study I led in my home with 12 precious ladies a couple of years ago. I look forward to going through the study again with y’all online. It is an awesome study and I highly recommend every Christian go through this Bible study. My favorite memory from Summer 2011 was also our July 4 celebration at my parents house…bbq ribs on the grill, sounds of my grandchildren playing in the pool and singing karaoke songs. And my sister was here from Florida which made it extra special because we don’t get to see her that often. We had so much fun that we didn’t even notice the heat wave we were having…soooo hot here in SC and today is actually going to be 109 degrees with the heat index….now Lord you can bring on fall any time…we are ready!! See y’all online. Have a wonderful week 🙂

This was my first bible study also and I found it life changing and memorable. There are a few women who are doing this study a 2nd and even a 3rd time…that shows how good the content is! Looking forward to the 29th when we begin reading. 🙂

• Suzanne says:

My name is Suzanne, and I’m from Michigan. My favorite memory from Summer 2011 is my mission trip to Uganda. It was truly life changing and faith renewing. I am looking forward to participating in this Bible study with you.

• Judee Baysinger says:

Good morning all, My name is Judee and I am Sue Alice’s sister. My favorite memory of 2011 so far is being able to take a couple days of vacation and actually go somewhere. I’m looking forward to sharing ideas and needs with all of you over the course of this study.

• Kathleen Jones says:

Hi, I am Kathleen, from Sharon, Pa. and m favorite summer memories have been spending 9 days at our family cabin in the mountains with my daughter and granddaughter. This is my first summer of retirement due to health reasons, and what a blessing God has given me to have this special time at the cabin with my girls! In fact I worked on BRAVE Bible study all week while up there and that too was awesome special time.

• Denise Evans says:

~~~~Summer 2011~~~~
    My Father showed me how His promises are true, and how to teach others the same.
    I was cured of Liver disease, and ended a 465 day long battle on Interferon treatment. I like to call that my wilderness experience with God, my Father, holding me so close the whole way. His strength was made perfect in my weakness. I was NEVER stronger or more confident in who I am in Christ. I was intimate with my helper, the Holy Spirit. I learned Contentment. Thank You Jesus, Amen

• Carol says:

Carol, California. My favorite memory from Summer 2011 which hasn’t happen yet but will when I go on a 3-week vacation to Colorado to enjoy the Lord’s creation of the majestic Rockies and of course, fly fishing to my heart’s content!

• Jagette says:

Christine,

I have the workbook, but not sure if I will be able to do this study. Our Women’s Bible Studies start 13 September 2011 and I help with both the morning and evening classes. Not sure what either teacher is going to do yet. Will still continue to keep up with the group and the groups Facebook page.

Lauren, Jackson, Ky. My favorite memory from Summer 2011… do I have to list just one 😉
    Definitely would be my family beach trips… one to Nags Head with ALL of my Moms family… four generations (my grandparents, my aunts and cousins, Mom, Dad, sisters, and my hubby and little man); and then to Myrtle Beach with my inlaws.

Sue Alice, Greenwood, IN.

My favorite memory from Summer 2011 is moving by my sister and not having to MOW GRASS anymore.

• Mikkala Hup says:

My name is Mikkala from Minnesota. My favorite summer 2011 memory was getting a surprise airplane ticket from my husband and going down to North Carolina for a few days to visit a good friend!

• Linda says:

This is Linda and I’m from southwestern Pennsylvania. My favorite memory from the summer of 2011 is our beach trip with my mom & dad and youngest son.

• Kim says:

Kim, Georgia: My favorite summer 2011 memory was taking my little ones to the beach for the first time.

• Ashley says:

My name is Ashley. I am from Centreville, MD. My favorite memory of this summer has been our family vacation to Canada. This is going to be my first bible study. Looking forward to it!

• Danette says:

My name is Danette and I am from New York City. My favorite summer memory has been getting baptized with my church family and allowing myself to have a real relationship with God.

• Charlotte says:

This was my first Beth Moore study too. My favorite summer memory this year is just finishing up this morning–teachin 1st & 2nd graders in VBS!

• Julie says:

Julie, Northern California (Sacramento area). My favorite memory from this summer has been celebrating my parents’ 30th wedding anniversary.

Christine, California (San Francisco Bay Area): My favorite summer 2011 memory is spending time with my family celebrating the 4th of July.