We’re half way through When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore, and really feeling the bite of Satan as we complete our study. The enemy is fighting hard and many of you have shared your personal stories of spiritual warfare these past few weeks. This week our lesson is about being seduce-proofed Christians and the intensity of the enemy attacks is to expose any weakness in our walls. Beth Moore gave us ten descriptions of a seduce-proofed Christian during our bible study this week. The seduced-proofed Christian
- …..is happy in her faith
- …..abstains from evil
- …..is unceasing in prayer
- …..is thankful and gives thanks
- …..doesn’t quench the Spirit
- …..does not despise instruction, exhortation or warning
- …..tests and proves all things until she recognizes what is good
- …..allows God Himself to sanctify her through and through
- …..keeps her whole spirit, soul and body blameless
- …..knows the One who called her is faithful and He will do it
Go back over this list and insert your name into the beginning of each description. Read it aloud and see if it fits you. If you need to strengthen one of these areas, print the list and read it each day until it sinks into your mind. Beth reminds us “Satan can’t get in from the outside without an invitation from the inside.” Whatever it takes, strengthen your walls. Some tools include daily bible study, scripture memorization, listening to Christian music, prayer, worship and time with Jesus. “God delights to bless our obedience,” writes Beth. Let Him bless you with peace and grace inside your heart and let His love flow from you into the lives of others.
Please visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer request or praise report. Take time this week to lift others up with your prayers.
Beth Moore Quotes
- A pray-without ceasing relationship means seeing everything against the backdrop of God’s presence.
- Many times we don’t have a knowledge problem; we have an obedience problem.
- A huge chasm can separate goodwill from God’s will.
- Allow God to completely invade you through and through.
- We don’t often realize our fence is down until Satan devours something precious.
- I cooperated with the devil because I had not completely cooperated with God.
For Next Week
- Read Week Four in the workbook
- If you are using the CD’s please listen to audio Session Four
- Join our Womens Bible Cafe Chat on Facebook
Group Discussion- Answer one question or as many as you like
- Imagine you are a watchman on the wall, looking for the enemy to attack. Where would your eyes look most, or in what direction would you be watching for him? Where are the weaknesses in your wall?
- The bible encourages us to pray for others and intercede. Name one person that you are going to pray for this week, each day, in intercessory prayer.
- Have you ever struggled with opposition from the enemy? If so, how? (page 67 )
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s study.