Loving Well Online Bible Study Starts Today

By October 16, 2011Loving Well

We’re beginning a four-week online bible study called Loving Well by Beth Moore. If God has been dealing with you about loving others, then this is the right bible study for you. We’re going to learn about loving people who are a joy to love, people who are difficult to love, and people we have no desire to love. We’re going to learn to love all the people God has placed into our lives. Let’s take this journey together….

Today’s article is written by Raye Holmes

As I was thinking about the Bible Study ‘Loving Well’ I was reminded of my struggles to be loved, to love others and of accept the concept that God loves me!  I know we all struggle with that issue one way or the other, if you say you do not, then great! That means you are filled with love and it is being shared with all people!

When I get in those moments of where I do not feel love, where I do not want to be loved, and where I do not want to love others – then I know in my heart I am not focusing on what God has called us all to do; which is Worship!

I love what Beth Moore said about this, “We will never love one another as well as we can until we deepen our understanding of God’s love for us. Only God can daily reveal that to us. That is where worship comes in to play.”

Each day we should start our day and end our day with worship to the Father! To the one who created us to worship and love on Him! Our worship welcomes God’s presence to come into our hearts and allows us to surrender to Him so that we can love well!

My prayer for each of us in this Bible study is that we will see as Beth Moore puts it “God is just not the perfect model of love; He is perfect love.”

~Raye

Homework For This Week

Group Discussion- Please post a comment and answer these two questions

1. Characterize your life in this present season using ONE WORD.
  2. What do you hope to gain from this bible study? Why does it interest you?

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It’s also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you’re unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under “Current Studies” to see what we’re reading. Bring your book and let’s study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Claudia says:

Challenging
    I hope to gain the necessary tools needed to love my husband as I should which will reflect itself as respect in his eyes. I have been hurt a lot by him, disregarded and left feeling unappreciated. Because of the bitterness that I have towards him I find it difficult to be the wife God requires me to be. My ultimate goal: learn all I can to help heal the wounds so I can glorify God in ALL areas of my life.

• Bobbie Salang says:

1. Restoration
    2. I hope to gain restoration in my spirit and heart as well as a restoration of hope and vision for the desires and dreams God has for my life. I am letting go of a relationship that has left me wounded and one in which I was also guilty of wounding the one Iove. I hope that through experiencing God’s love at a deeper level that I will learn and be able to love better and love well!

• Jocelyn says:

1. Unmotivated
    2. I hope to gain from this Bible study is how to learn to push myself past my human capacity to love and gain insight on how I can use God’s perfect love to love others when I don’t think I can. This Bible study interests me because I really enjoy loving others, but I wanted to get better at loving those who are most difficult to love.

• Rebecca says:

1. Lost
    2. I have let myself get caught up in the daily duties of the world. Being a wife, mom, and teacher I find myself not putting aside the time I need with God. In not having this time I have found my world in chaos. Having too much stress, getting angered more easily, and not taking the time to have special moments with my kids! I need to put myself back in touch with Christ and I thought this Bible study would be a good way to start.

• Dinah DeLuca says:

1. Changing
    2. I need an organized Bible Study. I am struggling with a church home and cannot seem to connect with any of the studies going on around me. I didn’t want to wait until the spring to join a study. I searched for online Bible studies and found you guys. I love Beth Moore so here I am. This study interests me because I love loving so anything that can help me become better at it, I’m interested.

• Riechelle says:

1. Educational
    2. I hope to truly understand and grow in God’s love so that I can learn to relate to others by walking in His love consistently. I want to live loved.

• Christina says:

1. Heart-stirring
    2. As I go deeper in the Word and deeper in truly trying to follow Jesus and surrender to Him, I see a mirror of my dirty unclean heart pouring out in sin. A lot of this makes it so hard to love others and just look inward at myself. I hope this study helps my heart to know why and help guide me towards God and others with a softer open heart, speaking truth and wisdom into my life. I so look forward to God transforming my heart through this study and community!

• Tonya says:

Seeking

I’m ashamed to say I have drifted from God and it is truly my desire to return to Him. My heart was growing cold/bitter toward others and I realized I was not liking who I was becoming. I believe my stumbling upon this bible study was NOT by accident. I have been so blessed already, and when I think about what Beth said about Jesus being revealed by the way we show love to others, it makes me sad that I have loved less than I did 5 years ago. However, I rejoice that He has opened my eyes so I can seek Him and learn to love more.

• Paula says:

1. Changing
    2. Learn how to love others deaper while learning about God’s love.

• Debbie says:

1. Changing
    2. Know that God loves this child of His

• Nancy says:

1. Challenged
    2. A deeper understanding of God’s Love. To actualize what Beth said about God’s Place. In God’s Place: to live well is to love well.

• Jayme says:

1. Selflessness
    2. I’d like to deepen my relationship with the Lord and learn to better love everyone I encounter, not just the people who are easy to love.

• Kayla says:

1. Hungry
    2. I’m hoping to learn ways in which I can love others better by being more patient, understanding, and more accepting. I seem to have a lot of those “Testy” people and I’m struggling with how to love them well. This interested me because as a human there is always always room to learn how to love deeper and better, and have a more whole love for God, myself and others.

• Teresa says:

Rested
    I hope to learn to let God fill me up so I can pour out his love without reservation

• Jeanie Ryan says:

1. Seeking
    2. I hope to learn how to bless others and love those that are hard to love. I believe Beth is right when she said we can not love others until we realize how much our heavenly Father loves us.

• Shawn Hanson says:

1. Service. At this time I am trying to serve both my family and those God puts on my heart.
    2. To learn to Love without reserve. This study interests me because it is online, and I haven’t tried that before, so I can do it with a long distance friend, and I want to do what God calls us to do and I feel he is calling me to Love better.

• Melinda Farmer says:

1. Distracted
    2. I want to gain confidence in my walk with God. I feel as if I have become distracted, and I am looking to love and grow deeper in my life and relationships.

• Ann-Marie says:

1. Expectation
    2. Grow deeper in relationship with God

• mala says:

One word: distant
    I questioned whether or not this study was for me. (although any study that puts me in the word is for me!). I began the journal only to discover that my first job is to allow the Lords love to penitrate my heart before I can love better for the family and friends He has so freely blessed me with. My walk with the lord has its seasons. Of the late my life has had its challanges. And I am reluctant to say I dont always seek his comfort I tend to get resentful and question (why?) My hope with this 4 week journal is to ignite my flame and forgive myself for my continual sin nature.

• melissa says:

urgent

I’ve been looking around and seeing lately time is passing so quickly. Children are growing, anniversaries are piling, time is racing, days seems so short I can’t seem to get up earily enough to make them seem longer. I want to redeem the time and try not to take it for granted. Looking forward to growing in Him along the way.

• AnnMarie says:

Blessed
    I hope to gain a stronger & more personal relationship with the Lord.

• Allison Mayes says:

1. Characterize your life in this present season using ONE WORD. Blessed

2. What do you hope to gain from this Bible study?

We have recently moved to Arizona after having lived in Texas for many years and most recently Arkansas for 4 years. I am blessed to have a husband who supports me in my decision not work at this point in my life. Being a recent empty-nester after spending the last 26 and a half years as a mostly stay at home mom and a part time music tutor, I now find myself with lots of free time. We have not yet chosen a church home so these online bible studies are my only connection to Christian women. I now find myself wanting to discover ways to love my 4 adult children in a different way as I am no longer their care giver. I now want to be there for them and give them moral support despite the distance (my younger boys are still in Texas and my oldest is in the air force in California).

Why does it interest you? I am particularly drawn to Beth Moore studies having done 2 others.

• Robin says:

One word:CHANGE
    We moved to Peru 3 months ago, and the change has been non-stop…but I think I’m finally catching my breath and I want to stay grounded in God’s word and I know from past studies that Beth Moore Bible Studies always get me into the word. To be perfectly honest, I was telling a friend of mine yesterday about this study and how excited I was to find it-then I went on to tell her that I didn’t really feel like learning to “love” more right now-and then we had a good laugh because it didn’t sound like very good words for a “missionary” to say!! But then I know, God knows what I need to hear and I am ready!! 🙂

• Carla Brooks says:

1. Waiting.
    2. Its always the same for me. I’m trying to get closer to God and live my life the way he would have me to live it. We’re in a difficult time right now. Our pastor resigned recently for monetary reasons. Its hard when I see our leader is not perfect, that he’s just like me and making mistakes. We selected a new pastor, but its been hard for me dealing with the change. I know that change is good and this one was needed. All I can say is cover me in prayer.

• Kat says:

1. Content
    2. I hope to grow deeper in the Lord, in His Spirit of LOVE, through this study. With my former church going emergent, and other churches in the area preaching another gospel, finding a strong, Bible-centered church is a challenge. Thank the LORD for long standing relationships in the Body of Christ that bear my burden and remind me of His love.

• Stephenie says:

Discouraged
    I know that god will provide but with the problems with my pregnancy and the Financial issues that are occurring. I have faith that he will provide and that our needs will be met it is hard for me to connect with other christians because i feel like i am not doing enough to represent The lord. I feel disconnected from my christian friends because we have not found the right church, we cant afford to go to all the conferences and ralleys and i have not found the right bible study and i alwase feel like i am saying the wrong thing when it comes to discussions about God. so i read my bible and pray for guidance but i dont Feel Gods plan for me I just dont know what he wants from me.

It sounds like you’re under a cloud of spiritual warfare Stephanie. As long as you have fellowship with Jesus and you read your bible, you’re pleasing the Lord. You may want to read the book “Not a Fan” by Kyle Idleman or “Crazy Love” By Francis Chan. Maybe in your heart you see some Christians do not reflect Jesus and therefore you want your relationship to be one of intimacy with Him. Conferences, rally’s and church services do not make you a “perfect Christian.” Loving Jesus is all you need. Don’t let the enemy condemn you- stand your ground and when you have these thoughts of inadequacy, let Satan know you are a Daughter of the King and you are loved.

It seems like God’s plan for you is to be a mother and to love raise your child to know Jesus. As you grow in wisdom, you are able to share this with the future generations through your child. Praying for a healthy pregnancy and a shower of blessings over your family.

• Erin says:

One word…………BUSY!
    I have 6 children, I homeschool, and I have my own little business I run from home.We live out in the country and there really arent’ any churches that speak God’s word near us so we attend a church about an hour from home (too far to go to Bible studies during the week) I hope to gain just some fellowship in God’s word. How else can we fellowship with women in all walks of life all over the world! Such a great Idea! 🙂

• Elizabeth Gourlay says:

1. This was a hard one to answer but I have chosen the word STRENGTHENING as this is the word I feel best describes what God is doing in my life at this time.
    2. I am sooo looking forward to this bible study & have already found the 1st bible study to be exactly what I needed to hear. I have come through a difficult & challenging season & have recognised my need to go deeper with God in this area of Love. I just love Beth Moore. She spoke into my life at 4am in the morning 5 yrs ago when she was a guest speaker on a tv evangelism show the exact words of comfort that I needed to hear at that time in my life. Only God can know these things & he is so good at setting up these appointments. Thank you Beth. I am sure that this is going to be another one of those times.

• Linda says:

Hi

I feel a little behind already. I was away for the weekend visiting my daughter. The materials arrived while I was away and I haven’t looked at them yet.

I’m from the Pittsburgh, PA area and currently my life feels blessed! I’m looking forward to getting deeper into this study.

From this study, I hope to gain a deeper insight into God’s love for me and to develop a deeper love and compassion for those around me.

• Tamara Johnson says:

Focused. My heart is ready to receive. I’m exited. It’s about time. It’s a long struggle.

• Dedie says:

1. Restored

2. I hope to gain from this study a clearer understanding of what it means to love others as God loves us. It interests me because I know there are times when I do not love the testy and the foe’s, as God would want me to. In these situations I am not obedient and it prevents me from allowing God to manifest Himself to others. I do not want to be the cause of someone not seeing the love of God because of my own selfishness or fear of being hurt.

• Michelle says:

1. Seeking
    2 How to gain new connection and remain to those i have lost touch with. Most of my friends are married with children. Although I am in a wonderful relationship, I miss the love of my girlfriends. I don’t see them much since they do mommy things with other moms. It saddens me. I have developed new friendships but I can’t help but miss and love my old friends. As I have gotten older, its hard to love my new friendships on a deeper level…or the way I connected and loved my mommy friends. I get lonely and I am seeking how to love them the way God does. I am also seeking how to love myself the way God loves me.

• marie says:

1.confused
    2.I’m excited about this Bible study I pray that God speaks & show me the real true meaning what is love&how to love others the way he loved us.

• Angela says:

1. Confusion

2. I hope to get out of this bible study a sense of how to love when I do not want. Also, how to love without being used up. How to love when I am angry? How do you feel loved?

• Monde says:

1. Dependent

2. I hope to be able to learn how to love as God loves us. I feel I have found it easy to love those that love me but what happens when you feel no body really loves you? Moving to a new city has stripped me of all my loved ones and even though with technology I can keep in touch, a lot of times I still feel alone. I want to be able to get over myself and selfishness and become more selfless. The study interests me because even though God’s word is available to all of us, sometimes through interaction the spirit moves and gives a better understanding.

• Denise says:

Determined…
    I have been checking out this site since I was in Iraq last year and I would always miss the start date of a series and forget to come back when the new study started. I want to grow and learn the word more. This series is so applicable to my life right now since I am readjusting to being home. I am trying to break down those barriers and forget the past as it has influenced my present and possible my future if I continue to dwell on the past. I want love like Jesus did and live without skepticism and be more optimistic. I want to grow in the word and it starts today!!!

Thank you for serving Denise. Your work has not gone unnoticed by the Father. Blessings to you and your family.

• Allison Mayes says:

Thank you for your service, Denise. In Beth Moore’s “Why Godly People Do Ungodly Things” bible study, we learned that “God forgives and forgets our past mistakes because He doesn’t need to remember. We are forgiven but do not forget because we are wise never to lose sight of where we’ve been and how God has rescued us.” God bless you, Denise.

• Bridget says:

1. Conflicted
    2. I need to learn how to love the “foe” and “testy” the way God commands us to love them. It’s easy to love the “joys.” This study also allows me some time, with just my Savior and me. I haven’t taken the time to do that in such a long time. I want to go deep into His word to find out what loving others truly means.

I pray you all are blessed through this study!

• Marie says:

Empty!

To learn to reconnect with others. I went to school for over 2 years and worked full time. Lost all my close connections with church friends, now I feel like a total stranger. I have no real girl friends. I need to love as God loves me so that the criticalness in my heart and spirit can be changed to love and acceptance for others. I am so looking forward to this study, He has me where He wants me.

• Sandy Hedlund says:

Excited…
    Excited about the wonderful things that this bible study will focus on. I loved the depth of Beth Moore studies and look forward to digging deep, and then taking what I have learned to lead a weekend retreat using these same materials. My prayer, to love the “testies” in my life.

• Rachael says:

1. Waiting

2. I really want a heart that is capable of DIVINE love! I have called God, “Daddy”, for many years, but just in this past year He has brought me to a new level in understanding love. My prayer for many years for me and my family has been that God would show up in such an obvious way that I would know, that I know, that I KNOW it was HIS presence. Last January, God showed Himself to me in such a way . . . in a time where I was swiped at the knees in brokeness from a hurt that was worse than I could have ever imagined, God SHOWED up . . . and began the journey to show me HOW to love with the power of JESUS! I still have such a long way to go, but my desire is that through this study, God will strip away, yet again, my sin and give me a DOWNPOUR of His healing love.

Blessings fellow journeying sisters,
    Rach

• christineanne says:

1. Searching

2. I want to be able to love others as Jesus does; see them through His eyes. I’m hoping this study will help me gain a clearer understanding of His characteristics and how to attain them.

• Debi S. says:

1. Double-Portioned
    2. I read the first question in the journal and realized that I NEED this study desperately. God has done some amazing things in my life in the last six months and I need Him to guide me forward in order to share my blessing with others. It is not something I can do on my own. I lack the compassion gene but through Christ His love can become my love. And that is a deep desire in my heart.

• Rebbie says:

1. Transitioning
    2. To Connect with other believers to fully comprehend the depth of God’s love towards not only myself, but others.

• Marcie Garris says:

Fearful!

I want to embrace and share the love God has given to each and every one of us. There is so much negative energy in this world, and so many have hardened their hearts and forgotten the joy He gives to each one of us with the many blessings He has given to us, the most important is His love!! I find myselft conforming to this with so many people around me that are impossible for me alone to love. I find myself backing away and not trying to love or forgive, in fear of getting hurt. I am fearful that I will become cold hearted and not let His love shine through me and missing all the joy He has in store for me to hold onto and share with others. I hiope this lesson will put me back on the right track with His Will for me and the love He wishes me to have and share with others.

Marcie

1. Yearning
    2. I was a workaholic the last several years I worked and shut myself off from having close relationships with anyone outside my immediate family. I’ve been led to this course and hope to learn how to love as Jesus loves me.

• Rebbie says:

My problem is the exact opposite. I feel as though I have given so much of myself, and now, when I need others to support me, I am left alone. No one notices if I am not in church, or seeks me out to find out what is going on with me. It really does hurt either way.

• Sheree says:

Happy (I have a new granddaughter, born Sat., Oct. 15, 2011)

I watched the first video last week, and it was awesome!! I think everyone should go through a Bible study entitled “Loving Well,” because frankly I don’t really think we love as well as we should. At least I have a hard time loving family and friends who are “testy” as Beth puts it. Try as I might, I just don’t feel it. So would you say love is a feeling? Or are we to love unconditionally? I know I love my children unconditionally. There is nothing they could ever do for me to stop loving them. So why can’t a husband and wife love each other unconditionally??? I believe there is such a fine line between love and hate. It’s so easy to cross that line. How can you love your husband (or wife) one day and the next day you hate each other and end up in divorce court. Well, that’s why I’m here. Because I don’t love as well as I should….if I did, perhaps I would not be divorced today. The verse from 1 Corinthians says it all: “Love is patient, love is kind. Love does not envy, is not boastful, is not conceited, does not act improperly, is not selfish, is not provoked, and does not keep a record of wrongs” (1 Corinthians 13:4).

• Lannette says:

1. Empty
    2. To love those that are difficult to love, those who have set out to destroy me and to love with a genuine God love.

• Sara says:

1. chaotic
    2. God is love. I want to love without passing judgement on strangers. I want to love those very few who have caused me intense pain…without holding the past over their head. I want love to overflow from me to everyone I come in contact with. I don’t want to fear love, or be afraid to be vulnerable.

• Christy says:

1. Challenging
    2. I pray that I’ll really “get” God’s love for me. I know about it, but I don’t really “get” it/ dwell in it/ feel it/ savor it. I want to spend intentional time learning about and basking in it during this study. Then I pray the holy spirit will give me the courage to love others! I have alot of unhealthy people in my life (not by choice-family mostly) and it gets overwhelming at times and affects my self-image. But I know God has the answer to that and I’m in this study to get it!

• Bee says:

1. Bitter
    2. I hope to forgive and love with all my heart this person that has has turned my life upside down.

Bee,

I will pray for you. Blessings to you. Just take a deep breath and go for a walk and see God’s beauty and love all around you.

• Kristen says:

1. New
    2. I struggle with loving those who are difficult to love…some even in my own family. I have tried to convince myself that I don’t need this study – that I can wait until the next one, yet it keeps tugging at my heart. So I’m jumping in! With the holiday season approaching and the upcoming family gatherings, this is the ideal time to confront that place in my heart where I’m not loving certain people – I need to open it up to God and allow Him to heal me so I can love others.

• Rebbie says:

You bring up an excellent point of having this study right before the holidays. I will be praying for healing for everyone that will be going on this four week journey!

So glad you obeyed the prompting to do this study Kristen! Glad you’re here!

• LeAnne says:

1. Pruning
    2. I hope to learn how to love difficult people in my workplace. I am a people pleaser so I want to learn how to love other people the way God calls me to love them, but not make them “idols” where I place them above God.

PLEASE READ THIS……. This is a prayer for all of us, and to welcome everyone old and new to the CAFE~

I used to do this and I quit and the LORD brought it on my heart to return to doing this. Thanks.

Lord,
    Please help all of us to learn from this study. We need to learn to love as Jesus did just not in words but by deeds also. Help everyone find from this study what they need. Please give us Your strength to do this study daily. Let us learn to listen for Your small still voice as we go about our day’s business. Let us never be too busy to spent time with You. I ask this all in Your Name. Thank you for loving us as we do you. Amem and amen.

1. DISCOMBOBULATED

2. Not to sound like Judy before me………But something happen to me in Sept. at the church I was going to and it took almost a month to resolve, and caused big problems between my sister and I. It also took me a month to go back to church. Due to this event in my life it has caused me to doubt many things with my faith, family, and the church I am attending. I NEED to get back to were I was a few months ago, and this study will help. GOD IS WONDERFUL. He knows what we need and when we need it.

Raye, thanks for doing this study. Blessings to all.

• Vickie says:

1. Unknown
    2. I have been removed by distance from the people I love except my husband. I want to love well from a distance and love strangers and those who are simply annoying. I have to be completely open now to where God may place me and trust Him to allow me to give out His love. When there are few to love, you realize what a privilege it is to love people.

• Kristen says:

I can relate Vickie! My husband and I moved this year away from everything and everyone we know. Then we had our daughter! Now I’m learning how to love from a distance as well…

• Caroll says:

1. Awakening
    2. Enlightenment. Learning. Growth. New positive ways of thinking which I can put to practice in my daily life of living in Gods light. Being a part of something fullfilling to my heart and soul.

• Judy says:

1. Disillusioned
    2. A travesty of justice occurred in my family over the summer and I am in SHOCK over the accusations and betrayal of PEOPLE in my life… Working through this event and all the ramifications through PRAYER has led me here… Beth Moore is an awesome disciple and I know I am blessed to be part of this Bible Study. God is AMAZING 🙂 ~ He is ALWAYS there. I am “….falling on my knees Jesus as You are all this heart is waiting for…” Raye, your article about LOVING WELL is spot on and I’m thanking Him for you. Blessings

• Sandra says:

1. Trusting
    2. I’m in a phase of anticipated change in my life. “My” plans failed, and so now I am daily being challenged to Trust God and fight impatience. My and my family’s life has been on hold for 14 weeks waiting to hear a “yes” or “no” on a business sale. It has put us in a limbo state. Each day I look to God to see Him during this time. After watching the first video I’m challenged to love the “testy” people holding the decision of this business sale. I’m also seeking God so that I may experience true health – body, soul & spirit. “Father, create in me a clean heart, so that my life is a reflection of you.”

• Lucy Ann Moll says:

1. Wild
    2. I did this Bible study a few years ago through my church at a women’s retreat. Powerful, enlightening. I hope to be reminded again what it means to love well. 🙂

• rosemary says:

peace

more thought and questions to answer

• 1. Balanced
    2. I need to love people more than I do. ALL people; those I live with, those I am in casual contact with, those I don’t even know… what a blessing my life would be if I saw everyone through the eyes of love; and loved them like my heavenly father commands. I’M READY TO LOVE!!!

• Jamie says:

1. Transitioning
    2. I first felt like this Bible study subject wasn’t really what I was looking for, but after watching the first session I see where I have been closed off to relationships and opportunities just because I don’t want to put forth the effort, or risk getting hurt. What an amazing first session! I’m excited to see the next one and learn more.

It’s okay to jump ahead to the next sessions. Watch them more than once! Then come back here each Monday as Raye leads us in a group discussion during the next 4 weeks.

• Julie says:

1. Changing
    2. I have completed this study once before and was able to get through a very tough time in my life recognizing people for who they are and knowing how to love them. I am excited this time to be doing this study with a few girlfriends and know that God will reveal even more to me as I enter this big change in my life.

1. Happy
    2. This is an area that God has been keeping at the forefront of my life in recent months. Close personal relationships have always been difficult for me and, with the exception of my close family; I have gradually closed myself off and isolated myself. God has put several opportunities in front of me in the last couple of years to engage in relationships but I have pushed them away every time. He is faithful and good though and has brought me to this study for a reason. In working through this study, I hope to be able to surrender fully to Him in this area of my life.

• 1. Tumultuous

2. I hope to learn to slow down and spend the time and energy to love others deeply and genuinely. This interests me because I feel I am often in too big of a hurry to do acts of love…

• Judee Baysinger says:

Peaceful.
    hope to overcome my preconceived notions about people. To stop judging others. To truly have a heart like Jesus’s.

• Julie says:

1. Busy
    2. I am interested in this Bible Study because I feel like God is pushing me in the area of loving others. I have a hard time loving some people and I find myself apologizing to God for this. I need help with loving those who are difficult to love, even when I don’t like things that they do.

• Julie says:

1. Mom. I am married and in full Mom mode with activities for my school-aged children. I love it!
    2. I attended a Loving Well retreat a few weeks ago. I am looking forward to learning more about the principles we discussed at the retreat. I also want to focus on God and enjoy time with Him.

• Lynne says:

1. Redeemed.
    2. God has blessed me with a gift of mercy, which comes in handy as a nurse. Yet loving some of those really hard to love patients can be really tough sometimes. I want to learn more about God’s love so I can reflect more of God’s love to everyone I come in contact with, the Joy’s, the testy’s, the foes, and the fars!

• Dawn says:

1. Hopeful
    2. In this current season, I must make sure that I am loving well. There are people in my world that must be loved well, very well. God spoke to my heart several months ago to “love well” someone that I love dearly. It was interesting to me that He called me out to love this one well when I already love Him so much. Could there be a difference? Is what I started asking myself. Well there is. I’m looking very forward to gaining insight into these and other issues dealing with love. Thank you for the opportunity to do this study with you and others who are committed to Loving Well. Have a Blessed day, Dawn

• Lisa says:

1. Transition
    2. Hmmm, I could use a little refresher on loving others well… especially my family! I am doing this study with my kiddos, which leads into the second half of the question. During these pre-teen/teen years, it is vital to have a piece of my children’s hearts. I know I will only do that if I truly LOVE them with a Christ-centered focus.

I’m right with you Lisa! My kids are 10 and 13 and I want to love on them the way God intended. 🙂

• Rebbie says:

As someone recently told me about my own children (32, 31 and 29), I showed my children Jesus, not church. She feels totally discouraged that she showed them ‘church’ and not the love of Jesus. We have these precious ones for such a short period of time. Let them know they are loved unconditionally and God will lead your path 🙂

• Pam says:

1. quarter-full
    2. closeness to God. believe it will be a blessing if I study and participate

1. Waiting.
    2. I’m interested in this bible study because like Beth Moore, God has placed it in my heart to love like Jesus. I’m digging deep to discover God’s plan for loving people, even the difficult ones.