With God’s Help, I’m Ready

By January 22, 2012Cancer & Faith

This post is by Cindy Hamilton as she shares hew new journey with our readers.

It’s January 2012, a fresh new year full of fun and surprises. I’m not supposed to get this call, “Mrs. Hamilton, it’s Dr. Hagans. You have breast cancer.” No, this is not supposed to happen to me. Except for one cousin, no one in my family has had breast cancer. Where in the world did that come from?

For almost 64 years, God has held my life in his hands. As a little four-year-old girl, I opened the door to my heart and accepted Jesus into my heart. I will never forget the picture that the nice neighbor lady showed me….there was Jesus standing at the door inviting me in. I walked right in and gave Jesus my hand. He’s been holding it ever since.

Jesus and I have been on an adventure together for the last 64 years. He has introduced me to His Word, taught me that miracles can happen, chastened me when I strayed, sustained me when I went through spiritually dry times in my life, held me when I was afraid, challenged me when I was hesitant, laughed with me, smiled at me, met me every morning in my chair with my sweet dogs cuddle up along side and His word opened in my lap, went to work with me everyday, heard my pleas, and cries, and petitions……….He’s not going to abandon me now.

As I begin this new journey, He will be right there with me each step of the way; and also with my sweet daughters, son, sons-in-laws, grandchildren, and precious husband. He is Jehovah-Rapha, “The Lord who heals you.” Exodus 15: 26. I’m ready.

Last Tuesday, I faced CT and Bone scans to make sure that the cancer hadn’t spread. I felt such a peace as I walked through the doors into the cavern of that big hospital. This picture was taken a year ago, walking up that same sidewalk into that same hospital. I took it on a whim, and God brought it to my memory a couple of days before the tests were to take place. As I brought it into Photoshop to add the scripture——I saw it! There was the cross. I was standing under the cross. That picture went with me into those dark scanning rooms.

My husband and I met with the doctor late Tuesday afternoon. All my scans were clear! Chemo follows, but with my sweet husband, family, and friends by one side and Jesus on the other, I will continue to fight this fight with the sword of the Spirit. I know who wins.

Please continue to follow me as I share “A Light from My Journey” based on Psalm 119:105 NLT

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

To contact Cindy post a comment below or visit her website at A Quiet Place

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It’s also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you’re unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under “Current Studies” to see what we’re reading. Bring your book and let’s study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Thanks for going back to the beginning Cindy, I appreciate following your journey here at WBC.
    I’m also thanking you this morning for introducing me to Psalm 57, thinking of your situation and my 16 year old Shih Tzu the words of this Psalm and each situation I reflect on breaks my heart…but then immediately after my heart is filled with PRAISE…
    Praise that you see us
    Praise that you hear us
    Praise that you love us
    Praise that you are our Father!!!!
    Just praising you because…..

Thank you my comforter for making everything alright in You!!!

• jane fletcher says:

Cindy,
    You have always been an inspiration to me. I glad you are better.
    Jane

• Jeanie Ryan says:

I walked this walk with Jesus by my side. He gave me a verse from Psalms 119 also. It said” you will live and not die, and shall proclaim what the Lord has done.” I found this marked and dated in my Bible after I was healed, and it was 2 months before I knew I had cancer. God will answer you questions if you just ask Him. When I asked, Why? He had already gave me the answer. That I shall proclaim what the Lord has done. I cannot tell you all that He has done in this short space but I can say, He has given me a new heart that is singing a new song of His Love For Me and For You!
    God Bless and heal your body, soul and spirit..He is good!

• Irene Gameroz says:

Dear Cindy, My Prayers are with you. You have the BEST Team on your side. Thank you for sharing. May the
    LORD Bless you and Keep you, and may his face shine upon you and give you peace.

• Penny says:

My sister was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma at this same time last year. We walked the walk together and now she is in remission. I know that our God has a plan for her. I was also diagnosed with an early melanoma and several other skin cancers in the last six months. God is with me. I will follow you story and pray for you.

• Heather maggio says:

We will also be praying for your health and strength! It is a very reassuring feeling knowing God is right by our side!

• Stasia Nielsen says:

Bless you Cindy and He is with you on this journey. God is never so near you as He is when you are in your most desperate hour.

Praying,
    Stasia

• Dawn says:

I am praying for you and your family. You can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. God Bless! I will follow your journey through another phase in your enlightenment.

• Linda says:

I will pray with you and for you and your family as you walk through this new thing with out Lord. May He comfort and heal you. Linda

Cindy,

My prayers are with you every step of the way. God is so GOOD. Thanks for sharing for I know that was hard for you to do. Blessings to you and your family.

Sue

• Cheri says:

Dearest Cindy:
      Please know my prayers are with you, Dear Lady. I am a ten-year breast cancer survivor and know without a shadow of a doubt, that the prayers from sisters in Christ is what got me through. He’ll do the same for you.

Blessings,