My Grace Is Sufficient For You

By February 18, 2012Cancer & Faith

This post is written by Cindy Hamilton as she shares her cancer journey with you.

Now a certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. It was that Mary who anointed the Lord with fragrant oil and wiped His feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick. Therefore the sisters sent to Him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom You love is sick. When Jesus heard that, He said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God may be glorified through it. Now Jesus loved Martha and her sister and Lazarus.

Cancer is not fun–wild, crazy, out-of-control cells causing mayhem in my body.  A previously healthy, fit person laid low by the drugs that must now be used to fight this insidious disease.  But, I thank God for them.  I pray that God will direct these drugs specifically toward those cells like Pac-man chomping up the little dots.

God is a healing God.  At the beginning of this journey, He told me…“This is not unto death.”  Those words keep coming at me, wrapping around my heart as I lay awake at night, unable to sleep.  I breathe in and out   “Je..sus, Je..sus” .  And I hear him say, “I’m here, Cindy.”  He sits down softly beside me on the bed, his presence real in the dark room. He knows because He’s been there.  He’s suffered it all—more than I could ever imagine.

Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus.  He would not have purposely caused them suffering.  He knew that their suffering would be turned into ecstatic joy and gladness—springing them into the Kingdom of God.  Mary, especially, did not understand why Jesus did not come and heal her brother.  But this sickness would result in glorifying the Healer of the Universe.

Paul saw suffering in the same way, And He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9,10

Amen

Cancer and Faith Articles by Cindy Hamilton

With God’s Help, I’m Ready

Packing For the Journey

My Traveling Companions

God’s Healing Drip

Recaculating

Don’t Be Concerned

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Jamie Inman says:

Hello, Cindy
    I have survived breast cancer twice, and with God’s help I am thriving. We have much in common, including good marriages to wonderful men. If you ever need to talk to a survivor sister, I would be honored to help in any way I can.
    Jamie
    I have dedicated a website to supporting people affected by breast cancer. Here is the URL

• Domoina RATSIZAFY says:

Thank you!!!
    Psalm 103:3 Jesus healed you and forgiveall your sins. Be still He is the Lord

• Joy says:

God bless Cindy. Thank you for your testamony and your faith. And thank you for reminding us that this “is not unto death.” Six years ago my husband was given 6 months to live. He still battles cancer and he still tells everyone we meet about what God has done/is doing for him. His physician is Muslim and they talk about God every visit. After the Joplin tornado, my husband worked with her husband during the clean-up. They too have talked about God. Jim shares his faith and his journey and God is using him.

We are going through an especially tough time right now–treatment options have hit the wall–so your words are encouraging to me. I believe in the presence of the Lord and the prayers of the saints. Yes, Jesus does sit on our bed and tell us he is there. He sits beside us in the waiting rooms. The plans and the timelines are in his hands. Thank you for sharing your journey.

• Lisa says:

God is a healer. He heals all. Having been thru breast cancer my self. I know God was not done with me here on earth. After each chemo and radation treatment I would go home and go to bed and it felt like I was lying in his arms.

God is being glorified in your positive and valiant fight of this horrid disease. I am humbled by those like you as well as lifted up by your faith and love for God.

Cindy,

i am praying all the best for you. I like Pac-man also….go get those bad cells. Take that.

• Vicci Mauldin says:

Praying for you precious Cindy. Cancer is like a wild roller coast ride, having been through it with my precious husband last year. But you are experiencing the Lord in ways that you have never experienced him before. I see that in your journey that you are sharing with us. He is our ultimate healer and he loves you. I like your sense of humor too-Pac man. I love it. God bless you Cindy and may you continue to experience him in ways you never have before and you keep fighting the good fight. Vicci 🙂

• Reading this story while listing to Whitney Houston song “I look to you” almost has me in tears. Not because of sadness but because I know Jesus is a real man who does not lie. He has proven to me time and time again that he is a healer and that he hears us when we pray. He really does love us and his mercy is above anything I have ever experienced. I know God is going to heal you. Only because he spoke to you and you know for a fact that is was his voice speaking to you. Just hold on….What he has said to you WILL come to pass. I know it will and I believe with you. He is so amazing. I am so glad that he is different from every person we have ever encountered. He is even around when we are asleep. He is with us when we are afraid. He is with us through every joy and all. I am so waiting to hear your praise report. JESUS IS STRONG! I AM SO GLAD WE DO NOT HAVE TO TRAVEL LIFE ALONE. Hugs to you and your whole family. Your journey is going to make a believer out of someone who is around you who may not know Jesus the way you do…When this is all over. They will believe! You are a vessel God is using for a bigger picture. You are awesome & is in my prayers.

• I love the quietness that Jesus is sharing with you Cindy. May you sparkle with His love. Thank you for sharing your journey with others. I am sending up prayers for you today.