Knowing God by Name Online Bible Study Starts April 30, 2012

It’s time to start another women’s online bible and we’ve selected Knowing God By Name by Mary Kassian. We’ll start reading week one on April 30, 2012 so please order your books now. There are a few books by this same title so make sure the book you order looks like the one here in the photo.

You’ll read the book at home, a chapter each week. You’ll have daily homework assignments which require 20-30 minutes to complete. Once a week we’ll “meet online” to discuss a theme and chapter from the book. You can visit the Womens Bible Cafe anytime to post a comment and join the online discussion.

You’ll be assigned to a small group leader the first week of study. Your small group leader will pray for you by name, and check-in with you by email each week. Her role is to keep you stay accountable and on track with your study.

About the Knowing God By Name Bible Study

In Knowing God by Name: A Personal Encounter, author Mary Kassian focuses on 35 Hebrew names of God that describe His character, His relationships, and His purpose. As you learn the significance of each ancient word, you’ll be awestruck by the Lord’s magnificence and your heart compelled to worship and praise Him.

The Member Book includes brief daily study with fun and engaging learning activities. Saturated in Scripture and words from ancient hymns, Knowing God by Name is a rich, meaningful study for any woman desiring to know God better.

How to Participate in the Knowing God By Name Online Study

How to Join the Knowing God By Name Online Bible Study

1. Introduce yourself: Post a comment below with your name, where you are from, and answer to this question- if God called you by name, what nickname or familiar name would He call you?
  2. Subscribe to the email updates for this bible study when you CLICK HERE

UPDATE: Small groups are full. You can still join our study, however the small groups are at capacity. So you’ll be placed on a waiting list for a small group. You can still participate by joining the online discussions and Facebook chats

• Randi Belcourt says:

Hi everyone my name is Randi and I am excited to study with all you. I have never done an online study before but I am very excited about it. If god had a nickname for me I am not to sure what he would call me. I would maybe say sweets as I have a sweet tooth. 🙂

• Rachel Winters says:

Looking forward to trying online study for the first time!

• Barb Steere says:

Hey everyone…my name is Barb & as usual I’m starting this study a week late…But I will be working hard to catch up…so far I am enjoying the exploration of the Diety Names!!! BTW, I really don’t need to be placed in a small group…so please don’t place me on a waiting list…Thanks!!!

• Barb Steere says:

• Jessica says:

Hi there! My name is Jessica and I am from good ‘ol Oklahoma! I think if God has a nickname for me, it would have to be something along the lines as roadrunner because I am always busy and i never slow down. Haha.

• Kelly Morris says:

Hello, My name is Kelly and I’m from Rochester, NY.
    If God had a nickname for me it would probably be Chameleon.

• Trina says:

hi…also joining late. I know the groups are full but I can’t afford to dilly dally any longer! 🙂 I don’t know what nickname God has for me. I’m in Nashville.

• Cassandra Kigler says:

Hello, my name is Cassandra. I live in Virginia. I am late but I love to know this names of God and what it means. Some I know and some I dont know.

• Christine Smith says:

welcome! It’s not too late to join however the small groups are filled. So you will be placed on a waiting list for a small group. You can still participate by joining the online discussions and Facebook chats.

if God has a nickname for me it would have to be something with sugar, or sweetie, muffin, anything that sound like a dessert! I live on the central coast in CA.

• Christine Smith says:

• Christa says:

Hello…my name is Christa, and I live in southern ca. I am really blessed by having this opportunity! I am starting late, and I don’t have a book yet. I also don’t have a Facebook account but will get one for this:) I really don’t have any idea what nickname God would give me.

• Wendy Schiller says:

Hi, my name is Wendy, and I am from Crossroads, Texas. I know I am starting a little late and won’t be able to be part of a small group, but I will still keep in touch on Facebook and post here too. I am not sure what name God would call me. Something that means his daughter who has returned to him. 🙂

• Tammy says:

Hello, My name is Tammy I live in Las Vegas Nv…He would call me Tammy

• Barbara says:

I’m starting a week late but hope to catch up as soon as I get my book. Any advice from you who are already into the study?

• Christine Smith says:

Set aside time each day for reading. So far the study is great and I’m learning all the characteristics of God.

• wanda says:

Hi I am from Alberta Canada. Looking forward to the study. Not sure what God would call me…Maybe
    Full of Questions.

• Sarah says:

Sarah Masona from Zambia.Married with one Son.
    He would call me Princess because that is what my name means.

• Valerie says:

My name means to be healthy or strong. My mom liked the name after she had met a lady with it and decided to name me with it. I currently live in New Jersey but will be moving to Northern California during the summer. Looking forward to the bible study…

• Bonnie Menezes says:

I live in Pensacola Florida!

• Bonnie Menezes says:

Hi! Bonnie is my name I love to learn about my God and Savior! I think God would call me by teachable. I think I have a teachable spirit!

• Sally says:

I think if God called me by a name it would be merciful one.

• Sally says:

Just getting the word on this. I want to participate may be a bit behind!!I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.

• Jimmie C says:

My name is Jimmie and I live in Starkville MS. This is my first online study and I am looking forward to it. As for what God would call me…Just so he calls me I will be happy.

• Erica says:

Hello. My name is Erica and I’m from DC. Knowing the names of God will help us better understand the character of God. I can’t wait learn with you all.

• Janelle says:

Hello to all!
    My name is Janelle and I live in Fishers, IN with my hubby and 4 kiddos. I feel my Heavenly Father call me “my child” because He truly is my loving Father that I can put my full trust in. I have never done an online Bible study before, but I am looking forward to learning from God’s Word and encouraging each other!

• Mamie says:

Greetings Everyone-
    My name is Mamie Harper and I am in Tallahassee, Florida! If the good Lord were to call me by name it would be Solider. I truly believe that through my profession (social work) and my life’s journey, I always stay in ring and put up a good fight:-)
    Blessings to All:-)

• Beatriz says:

Hello my name is Beatriz fro Miami Florida, I am a wife to my high school sweet heart for 38yrs. We have 6 adult children, we just became grandparents of twins boys.
    The name God calls me by is “CHOSEN” because HE picked me.

• Laura says:

Hi, my name is Laura and I am in New Mexico. I am so excited about participating in this online Bible study. I just ordered the book so hopefully I will get it soon. I don’t really know what name God would use when speaking to me…I’m just glad that he does!

• Cynthia says:

Hi, my name is Cynthia. I am from NC. I am a home school mom and I think this online Bible study will be just what I need!

• Melissa says:

Hi! I’m Melissa, I live in Orlando and I am so excited to be starting a Bible study! I just hope that I haven’t registered too late. No matter what I’ll be following along in the study! I started a fast one week ago and truly believe that God led me to this study. I can hardly wait to see what He has in store for all of us! Have a blessed day!

• Christine Smith says:

It’s not too late if you register by today- April 30- we’ll keep the small groups open and you can join. Tomorrow all small groups will be closed.

• Heather says:

Hey there! My name is Heather and I’m in Alabama. He calls me Heathie

• Tara says:

Hi; my name is Tara and I am from southern CA. The name that I think God would call me is “daughter”.

• Jayce says:

My name is Jayce and I’m from Huntsville, AL. I’m not sure what He would call me as a nickname but hopefully this study will help me develop that closer relationship.

• Natalie says:

Hello my name is Natalie and I am in Virginia. The name God calls me really depends on why He is speaking to me. Sometimes it is Nat, casual. Sometimes it is Narly, having fun together. But sometimes it is Natalie, this is used to get my attention .

• Kimberly says:

Hi my name is Kimberly. I live in Louisville,Ky. I am wife to Derrick for 21 years and mom to 3 boys (20,13 and 8) and homeschool mom to the two youngest, I am excited about this study as it is my first online Bible Study. I have either attended a Bible Study or lead one for the last 17 years. I am in a season of life that I am unable to attend and the Lord lead me to google online studies. I have personally met Mary Kassian and taken a seminary class under her and just love her. So I choose this one. I think God’s nickname for me would be His yes girl.

• Therese says:

Hi my name is Therese and I am from davie, Florida
    God would call me “beloved”, because I know that he loves me

• ANA(GIGGLZ) says:

HELLO MY NAAME IS ANA I LIVE IN MIRMAR ,FL. DO NOT ATTEND A CHURCH OR BIBLE STUDY. YET, I MUST SAY THAT GOD BLESSED ME WITH A WONDERFUL FRIEND WHICH WAS MY BOSS . SHE ALWAYS SPEAKS TO ME ABOUT THE LOVE OF GOD AND HOW GOD WANTS TO DO WONDERS IN MY LIFE IF I ONLY KEEP MY FAITH. I BELIEVE HE HAS BLESSED WITH SO MUCH, I DO KNOW OF HIM AND WHO HE IS BY HIS NAME “GOD”. BUT I BELIEVE JOINING THIS BIBLE STUDY WILL HELP ME BETTER HOW TO UNDERSTAND WHERE WHEN AND WHO HE REALLY IS.LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT EXPERIENCE TO USE IT AS A TESTIMONY FOR OTHERS . GOD BLESS

• Marie Solla says:

Hi, my name is Marie. I am an American born with family from Nicaragua. I live in Miami Lakes, FL. I don’t know what nickname GOD would use for me…

• April Sheffield says:

He calls me daughter because that is what I am to Him and He is my Abba Father.

• Pat says:

Hello, My name is Pat and I am really looking forward to this bible study. When God calls me He calls me Patricia because that was the name He gave to me.

• Shonda says:

Hello, My name is Shonda and I live in Pearland, TX (Houston, TX). I just looked up the meaning of my name. It’s origin is Irish and it means “God is gracious” – and I so have experienced God’s grace abundantly! It’s His grace that allows me to persevere and want to seek to know Him more and more. Praise God for this online study.

• Eva Delali says:

God bless you.

• Eva Delali says:

Hi, my name is Eva and i am from Ghana, West Africa. I would love to be a part of this great opportunity, where can i get this book?

• Christine Smith says:

The books are available at http://www.Lifeway.com

If they do not have an electronic version, you might check with Amazon. Our other study “Fingerprints of God” has e PDF version of the book available at Lifeway.

• Baton Rouge, LA says, “Hello” to all! Just now ordered my book, so I may be a little behind. Looking forward to introducing a new believer to this study as well.

• Patricia W. says:

I am Patricia and I live in Starkville, MS and work at Mississipi State University. I feel sure that when God calls my name it will be “Patricia” or if He is really trying to get my attention “Patricia Ann”. I look foward to this study as I just completed the “Breaking Free” study by Beth Moore. “Knowing God By Name”….this will be a great study also.

• Tawnya Kraus says:

Greetings! I live in Brook Park, OH (a suburb of Cleveland). I’m looking forward to connecting with other women in this study & growing more. I think if God had a nickname for me, it might be “Sunshine.” My dear friends have called me that for years- I’ve been told I seem to always smile & have a cheery disposition.

• Amber says:

This is my first online study as well. Super excited to learn more about who God is through His names. I live all over because I do travel nursing and direct sales but home is OKC, OK. The first name that came to mind for me is Gem bc my name is a jewel & a color.

• Cindy Feddern says:

Hi all,
    My name is Cindy and I live in Scottsdale, AZ. I love to study God’s word so this will
    be interesting to have it be part of an online format. If God had a nickname for me, I
    would want it to be “chosen” – Colossians 3:12 “And so, as those who have been chosen
    of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness
    and patience;”.

• Deborah South says:

This is my first online Bible Study. I am looking forward to great and amazing things.
    I live in Goshen, IN nears South Bend home of Notre Dame University.

• Gina says:

Hello All! This is my first online Bible study as well and I’m looking forward to it very much. Honestly, I don’t know what nickname God would have for me. I really have to think about that!

• Candice Benbow says:

Hi ladies! I hope all is well. I’m Candice from Kernersville, NC. I’m excited about the bible study. If God had a nickname for me, I think it’d be Grace. My family calls me Grace. 🙂

• Liana says:

Hello everyone! My name is Liana and I live in Sumner, WA. I’ve never done an online Bible study so I’m excited to be a part of this and learn and grow through it. I’m not really sure what nickname God would call me. I feel like I am constantly being refined from the LORD. Like I’m just a regular stone to all who see me, a misshapen, dirty, ugly common stone. But the Master Jeweler found me one day and saw something different. He picked me up and is chipping off all the layers of filth, washing me and cutting and shaping me until He sees the precious gem that He knows I am. So I guess I would be his “gem in progress”. 🙂

• Kim Baker says:

I am very excited to start this bible study, which it will be my first online bible study that I am doing with a few friends!

• Denita Richardson says:

Hi…I am very interested in pursuing this with other women!

• Dera says:

Hi…my name is Dera and I live in Lexington, NC. This will be my first online Bible study and I’m
    excited to be able to learn more about God and grow closer to Him through this study.

I’m not really sure what nickname God would call me by. I have a quick wit and love to make people
    laugh….so I don’t know but maybe Joyful.

Hi, my name is Angie and I live in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida. This is my first online Bible study and I’m excited about the new format, as well as the chance to participate with my friend Nanette. Looking forward to “meeting” you all online!

• Lora Mullen says:

My name is Lora Mullen, my cousin Andra Howell invited me to do this Bible Study. We’d like to have the same small group leader if that is possible. I am from Hickory, NC.

if God called you by name, what nickname or familiar name would He call you? He’d probably call me Faithful because He is my reason for living, I am far from perfect but He knows how much I rely on Him to make it through a day. He is my everything!

• Michelle Oliveira says:

I’m Michelle from Fresno Ca.
    I’m new to this online bible study. The book looks incredible. If God was to call me, he would call me his daughter. I’m looking forward to the challenge of the online bible study and meeting new people.

• Andra says:

My name is Andra. I live in Virginia. If God had a nickname for me it would Traveller. I have traveled down many paths in my life, winding, straight, uphill, downhill, good and bad, and I know that he has many more for me to follow.

• joan jeffers says:

Looking forward to the study. I live in Reno NV.

• Julie says:

Hi…my name is Julie and I’m from Bethlehem, GA. This will be my first online bible study. I am looking forward to learning more about the names of God! I want to grow closer in my walk with Him and by knowing Him more intimately that will happen I believe! If God had a nickname for me it would be “servant”… I love serving others. I get so much joy from giving. Looking forward to spending time with you all.

• Joyce says:

I’m Joyce from Philadelphia, Pa
    I went through the first section and was at awe as to how much there is to know about the names of God. So informative and enlightening. I had to pull out two Bibles my Strong concordance and go online for some in depth information. I love it already. Ladies, this is going to be an awesome experience and study. Let’s open our minds and heart so we can “taste and see that the Lord is good” 🙂

• Pam Henderson says:

Hi, my name is Pam, and I live in southeast Houston. I am delighted that my sweet friend Shanda (aka Frank) invited me to do this study with ya’ll. Because I love it when we’re all in the same boat, rowing in the same direction, I would like my nickname to be Duteous. So, Duteous and Frank will be tuning in each week from Houston! Looking forward to it!

• Jenifer Garrett says:

Hello, My name is Jenifer, I am up here in the Great Rainy Northwest. Federal Way, WA. Yep its raining today. If God called me by name Jenifer would be what i go by. I just ordered my book today, Hope it arrives on time. I am new to Online bible study but looking forward to challenging myself to keep up. I am a new Christian as well looking for ways to grow with God in my life and live better for my husband and children.

• Sheila Oakes says:

Hi! I am Sheila from North Carolina and my God-given name is “Sabra” which is the Hebrew word for tenacious. The visual representation is a desert cactus which has a tough outer skin, but is soft on the inside.
    I am so looking forward to getting to know many of you and share in God’s word and His names too!

• Esther says:

Hello, my name is Esther and I am from Silver Spring MD. I am so excited to begin this new study with everyone also. I look forward to God’s blessings on everyone as we seek to get to know Him on such a wonderful and intimate level. If I was called by my name, it would be sprout because I seek to grow and be nourished by the Word.

• Mattie says:

Hi my name is Mattie Sampson and I am excited to get involved with this study! I am a full time nanny for 3 boys and I am also going to school to become a elementary teacher. I am excited to see what God has in store for me. I love seeing how many names there are for God. If I had to guess what my nickname would be I would say encourager. I try to ewncourage everyone I see. I am looking forward to learning and growing with you ladies!!

• Amy says:

Happy to be joining the study from Clearwater, Fl. My name is Amy, and I love the opportunity this site offers. I want my name to be “Desire.” I desire to know Jesus more and more. The more I get filled up, the more I yearn to know Him better. I am looking forward to learning about His names so I can draw closer to Him.

• Melissa says:

Hi, I am Melissa I am from Florida. I am excited about this study since I live in a rural area and every bible study I have joined online never finishes.
    I am a wife, mother of three and clinger to Jesus.
    M

• Heather says:

Hello all, I’m Heather and I’m from Virginia. I run a women’s Bible study at my church that takes a break during the summer months, so I’m excited to spend some time with you ladies online during some of that time. I’m also looking forward to being a small group leader for this study and getting to know a few of you even better! It’s so hard to pick one nickname I hope God would give me, but I’m sure He would call us all “Beloved.”

• Shanda says:

Hi I’m Shanda. I’ve done many, many BIble studies, but have never done one on the names of God. If God called me by name, he would call me Frank because I am very honest and am a bottom-line kinda girl. I’m looking forward to participating in this study!

• Kari says:

Hi my name is Kari and I live in northern Michigan – I am involved in a community bible study that runs during the school year – I am excited to start this study as the other one closes down for the summer- our daughter Moriah recently went to be with Jesus so drawning near to Jesus is very important – I know that Jesus would call me “daughter”.

• Renee says:

Hi my name is Renee and I live in southern California. I think if God gave me a special name it would be “tender heart.” I think this online Bible study is perfect for those of us who have schedules that don’t permit us to engage with local Bible studies. Thanks so much for the wonderful updates on scripture and prayer.

• Anna Pudelek says:

Hello All,
    My name is Anna Marie and I am so excited to find an online bible study for women. I am always on the go and this format will allow me to participate and attend no matter where I am at. I look forward to this journey!

• Gorgana says:

Hi! I’m so excited about participating in this study! I LOVE learning about the names of God! I’m not sure what God’s nickname for me would be. I am full of hope and I like to be an encourager. I am a very blessed daughter of the King! I hope that he would call me compassionate.

• Chia Ying says:

Hi, my name is Chia Ying. I am from Brisbane. God’s nickname for me? Petal. Fragile and easily crushed, but made with the purpose to display God’s perfect beauty. Btw that does not mean I am beautiful.. I just try to reflect God’s many facets of beauty as best as I can..

• Molly says:

Hello I’m so excited for this study! I am from the Portland, Oregon area (SW Washington) I was just listening to a sermon on the radio this morning about knowing God better and what “I am who I am” really means and then here I found this Mary Kassian Bible study. God is such a handyman at working these things into my life and I’m sure many many other women on this site feel the same. I don’t know what God might call me, maybe His energetic one? My dad used to call me “speed” and for good reason, I’ve really had to learn to slow down 🙂

• Nicole says:

Hi, my name is Nicole. I’m a mother of 3 boys, we live in MA, and I’m excited to have found this site. I’m a little confused though – Will I be registered for the “Knowing God by Name” study by submitting this? I hope so! If God called me by nickname, I’m not sure what it would be, but maybe it would be Hope?

Peace to you all, and I look forward to getting started!

• Kim Francis says:

Hi, I am kim, What a questions, God’s nickname for me? I have never thought about his until now. Well I will have to say that God will me Ms. sensitive…..because I think that, that is one of my weakness.

• Sue Dorsch says:

I’m Sue D from New Richmond, WI. God’s nickname for me? Hmmm. My loved one or grace, maybe. I feel his favor, even when I don’t deserve it. This study sounds really interesting. I love studying in the original language because it takes you deeper into the meaning.

• Kathy Roskens says:

My name is Kathy. I am a grandma with 5 grandchildren all under the age of 3. I will be doing this study with my daughter-in-love. I would be called princess since I am the daughter of the king of kings.

• Janet says:

My name is Janet, and I am from California. I think that God would call me cheerful. I am looking forward to this study!

• Christina Shubert says:

My name is Chrissy and I am from Texas. I think God would call me Chrissy. I hope to learn a lot about him from this study.

• Nikki Short says:

My name is Nikki and I am from Kingman, Arizona. This is not only my first online bible study but my first bible study all together. I am not sure what God’s nickname for me would be. He is working on me still everyday and together we have a long way to go. I can’t wait to get to know him better and look forward to doing it here.

• Corina says:

Nikki, this is my first online Bible Study as well. However, I have done other studies. Like you I am a forever student. Look forward to the study and learning together! Welcome!

• Terry says:

My name is Terry and I live in Orange County, California. I think God would call me his “lamb”.

I’m looking forward to getting to know Him better through this study and having great discussions with everyone.

• Alana C says:

My name is Alana and I live in Council Bluffs, IA. God may call me “Girl with much to learn.”

I am really excited about this Bible study and am looking forward to the way God will work in my life. 🙂

• Ginger says:

I’m Ginger and I live in Germany. I would imagine that God would call me daughter or by my name.

• Nanette says:

My dear friend angie and I look forward to staying connected thru the study of the Word. It will be good to share with you all!

• Evet says:

Hello…my name is Evet and I live in Missouri. My nickname would be “unfaithful”.

• Ivonne says:

I live in Frisco Tx and I am so excited to grow in our faith together.

• Jackie says:

My husband and I along with our little girl just recently moved to CO because of him getting a new job. I don’t know many people here and figured getting involved with this would help me during the time of transition. I also thought it would be fun to do it with friends or family. I think God would give me the nickname giver because I love to give my heart to others.

• Praying you’ll find fellowship and a church community in your new home. See if there is a MOPS program in your area to connect with other moms. You can also Google churches in your area, then look on their website for “Womens Ministry” and see what studies they are doing. Many church ministries will stop during the summer and resume in the fall. Yet searching allows you to discover what churches are ministries are in your local area. You are always welcome here at the Bible Cafe…we enjoy meeting you!

• Sarah says:

Hi, I’m Sarah from Richmond, VA. Our congregation’s women’s group has been studying “Knowing GOD by Name” for the past few months. It has been so awesome that I wanted to do it again. I’m glad to be a part of this online Bible Study group. My FATHER’s nickname for me would be Sarah. I’m glad HE knows me by name. Bless HIS NAME, forever!

• Irmarelie says:

Hi! My name is Irmarelie and 6 months ago I relocated to Plano, TX from Miami, FL. God has blessed me beyond measure and one of my blessing is my dear friend Ivonne, who shared with me the info for this bible study. This will be my 1st on-line bible study. I look forward to know better my loving Father God! I think that God might call me “the light of his eyes”.

• monica, ny. says:

Im excited to do this study. I will be doing it w/ some ladies @ our church & on here also. Anticipating what God is gonna teach me about Himself through this study.

• Michelle in WI says:

Good morning Sisters,

My name is Michelle and I live in New Richmond, WI. Some time ago, a good friend introduced me to this site. This will be our first on-line study together! If Abba, my Father, were to give me a nickname, He might call me Precious Daughter. I look forward to the day when He will reveal to me my secret name! Praise and glory to I AM!

• Kathleen in Phoenix, AZ says:

My name is Kathleen and I live in Phoenix, Arizona. This is my first online bible study. I’m so delighted that I will be able to do this bible study along with my sister, Norleen, in Wyoming! My mother’s nickname for me is Wingie. It is unique and I know is from her heart and full of love. I know that there will come a day that I will join my dear daughter, Katie, in heaven. I think God’s nickname for me will be Wingie, and I will take wing and fly into His arms.

• Kathleen in Phoenix, AZ says:

Our Mom is also joining us in this bible study. She is not too sure about this being online, but is willing to give it a try. This is will be the first time the 3 of us have been able to do a bible study together. We are so excited!!!

• Debbie says:

Hi, My name is Debbie and this is my first online study. I am intrigued to see how this works. I am thankful to find a study I can participate in and connect with other sisters in Christ. As far as a nickname, ….Hmmm, I am easily distracted (not a positive trait, but accurate to me). Like a kitten distracted by anything new and shiny….not out of greed, but more out of curiosity. I can just picture God, dropping His face into His hands; shaking His head and saying ..”There she goes again!”. Maybe ny nickname would be ” Hey, Focus!” to remind me to reel myself in . My goal is to see this all the way thru… =)

• Lynnaye says:

Hello! My name is Lynnaye and I live in Ohio. This is my first online bible study so I am really excited and looking forward to this time of studying God’s Word and learning more about the many names of the Great I AM. As far as nicknames, oh dear, that’s a tough one. I’m definitely someone who always want to know more and can ask the most random questions. My thirst for knowledge and understanding is seemingly unquenchable so I’d say God’s nickname for me would probably be: Curious One. God bless!

• Lakecia Harris says:

Good Morning Everyone,

I’m Lakecia Harris and I live in Montgomery, Alabama. I am so excited to be apart of this study as I’ve been intrigued with Hebrew and Greek Words and in learning their meaining. I belive that this study will help us all get closer to the Lord and in knowing his expressed purposes for our lives. He loves and cares about each of us.

• Nicall says:

My Name is Nicall and I Live in Ohio. I think if God were to call me by name he would just say my child in the most loving and tender way.

• Laura says:

Hello sweet sisters in Christ. My name is Laura and I live in San Jose, CA. Years ago my prayer group and I were asking God what name He has for us, and the name He revealed to me is Cherished One. I don’t know if that is exactly a nick name, but it is how He sees me – and also how He sees each one of His beloved children. I am looking forward to the study! Many blessings to each of you in His precious Name above all Names!

• Nicole I says:

Hello My name is Nicole . I am from Omaha, Nebraska. If God were to call me by a nickname He would probably call me time-and-again…because He has been trying to get through to me time-and-time again and I am just now being obedient in His request. I pray that we all follow His precious lead. I am excited! Be blessed all of you

• Hello,

My name is Cassandra McMichael. I live in Michigan. This will be my first online bible study. I absolutely love the idea! If God were to call me by a nickname I honestly don’t know what it would be. I would hope that He could come up with something clever to describe me as one that has a heart to follow Him. Maybe it would be Follower of Christ. 🙂

• Victoria says:

Hi!
    My name is Victoria. I live in Greenbrier Arkansas.

If God called me by a nickname in this time of my life,I think He calls me His Baby…because even though I was saved years ago, I am still a baby…still learning…still growing…still in desperate need of milk, tlc, being watched closely and guided by His strong and mighty, fatherly Hand!

• Lisa H says:

Hi! My name is Lisa. I live in NC. My prayer is that He would call me obedient. Because that is a choice I can make, for Him.

Looking forward to this study 🙂

• Shukeria says:

Hello, my name is Shukeria and I live in Georgia. I hope to gain so much wisdom from this study. I would hope that God would call me my “Faithful Servent.”

• Sharon says:

Hi I’m Sharon & am from New Zealand, I would love for him to call me His daughter 🙂 Looking forward to the study! I just hope my book arrives soon!!

• Jenise S. says:

I’m Jenise and I live in Chicago. I would hope that God would consider my faithfulness, and call me faithful

• b says:

ooops, guess i can’t follow directions. For some reason, even after i read “the directions” several times, i missed, “answer to this question- if God called you by name, what nickname or familiar name would He call you?” i vaguely remember a study onetime about God having His name, not our earthly name, for us. At that time it seemed He might call me “Claudia.” i must admit He is all things wise, but somehow that name is just not melodious to my ear. However, somehow i see Jesus and i having a good chuckle over it. Of course i think They have a good chuckle over me a lot 🙂

• Dotsi says:

My name is Dotsi Campbell and I live in Charles Town West Virgina. My prayer would be that God would call me Faithful Friend.

• b says:

Hi i’m ;b
    i live in the heartland, errr maybe i should say i’m adjusting to the heartland.
    “Heartland” beautiful word, isn’t it?
    i’m seeking to craft my new home and changes in my life into God’s Heartland. At the moment i don’t have a church home, so i’m praying that here i will “not forsake coming together” for this season of my life.

• Cathy says:

My name is Cathy Zavodny from Dallas, Texas. I am looking forward to the study. My name would be blessed.

• Jennifer Shepard says:

My name is Jennifer Shepard of Newark, Delaware. I look forward to this study and the Godly wisdom & knowledge that will come with it. I believe my nickname would simply be “Faith”.

• Lauren Thompson says:

I am Lauren from Warrensburg, Mo. I am a stay at home wife, married less than 2 years. I was just kinda looking for a womens Bible study that I could join, my church doesn’t offer one, and found this website. I am really liking this particular study and am eager to get going with this. I am not sure what God would call me if he gave me a nickname, but I am sure it would not be anything I would think of!

I just got my book in the mail today! It is taking everything I have NOT to open it and just dive in. Oh I am so excited to start this study!

• Jennifer Kerby says:

I am Jennifer from Puyallup, Wa. Mother of one very fun toddler, a wife, and peds nurse. Originally I had signed up for the “Fingerprints of God” study but I read this studies description because the cover caught my eye and I feel like this may actually be the study for me at this time. I would say God may call me “His stubborn One”. I feel like I always have to find things out the hard way because I get in the way of myself and God sometimes but I know He is patient with me.

• Glenda says:

Hi, I’m Glenda from Knoxville, TN. I am looking forward to starting this study. I’ve wanted to do this study for so long!

I think maybe my nickname would be “Beloved”.

• Joyce says:

Hi all,
    I tried to do an online bible study and did not complete it. I am going to try again but this time I will ask God to give me the determination to do this. Knowing God by Name sounds so exciting. His names mean things that will give me strength and courage to deal with life’s issues. As well as knowing he is always there to guide me.
    He would probable call me “My precious child”. He knows my heart mind and soul. I ask that you all keep me in prayer as I strive to learn more about my father during this study.

• Tamera says:

aka Palm Tree: I picked up the Knowing God By Name book yesterday and am having a hard time waiting until our study actually starts! This is going to be an excellent time. I’m currently participating in a study with the wonderful ladies from my church as well. We’re studying Extraordinary. These two studies will compliment each other perfectly!

• Cindy says:

My name is Cindy from Washington state. Prayers that today God will grant you a glorious day! If God called me by name it could be “radiant one” or “My kind and gracious one”.

• Leanne says:

Hi, my name is Leanne. I imagine God calling me Daughter, or Child. I just ordered my book, so look forward to beginning in just a few weeks.

• Tamara Lewis says:

My name is Tamara from Maryland. I am excited to do this Bible Study. If God called me by name I guess it would be Tamara or Daughter.

• Janell says:

Hi! My name is Janell. I am excited to do my first online study. If God called me by name he might say, ‘Janelly’ as I was called alot when I was little. He might also say my daughter.

• Amber says:

My name is Amber. I am from Greenfield, Indiana. If God called me by name, He would call me “Daughter.” This is my first online study. I am very much looking forward to getting started.

• Jayne says:

Greetings from currently rainy So Cal! Among family and really close friends, I’m called “Jayra” – a shortened version of my first name that reflects one of God’s names…. “Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide.” I like to imagine that God calls me by my nickname, too, but God says that he calls us by name (and I imagine it’s not the name everyone else knows us by) and that he’ll give us a new name in heaven (Rev 2:17) known only to ourselves. So, to be honest, I don’t what name God calls me by; it’s just one of those things I’ll have to wait for to find out!

• Tamera says:

My name is Tamera and the closest Hebrew translation is Palm Tree. Although my earthly father named me, I believe it was God inspired. Because of the trials and tribulations God brought me through as a young girl to the time I called Jesus my Lord and Savior and now through His everlasting love and presence in my life I understand that I am truly like the Palm Tree. Study out the Palm Tree. It’s an awesome study. I am so thankful to be redeemed and righteous through Jesus Christ. I have lived in many states but not until God calmed my raging heart did I finally settle in a place that I can call home until Jesus comes back. I live in Tennessee. This is my first study with Bible Cafe for Women and I am so excited to get started.

• Laurie says:

I would like to register for this study.

• Christy says:

Hi, I’m Christy from Hattiesburg, MS. This is my 1st online study as well. God might call me “lost but now found.”

• Karen says:

My name is Karen. I live in Orlando, Florida. If God called my name, He would call me “child who requires much patience”!

• Kelly Green says:

My name is Kely and I’m from Quincy, Illinois. Hmmm…I think He would call me “His”.

• Therese says:

My name is Therese, I am from Florida. God would call me ” blessed and loved child”

• Robin Howard says:

My name is robin, I am from Virginia Beach, Va, if God called my name He would call me redeemed by his blood. This is my first online study and I am so looking forward to it.

• Penny says:

My name is Penny and I am from Ohio. I am really looking forward to this study. If God called me by a name, it would just be Penny, my beloved child. I am His.

• Kris says:

My name is Kris and I am from Little Rock, AR. He would call me daughter 🙂 I am so happy to be doing this online study. I picked this book up several weeks ago at Lifeway and was interested. Now I know I was supposed to buy it to do this study online! Praises!

• joannna says:

My name is Joanna and I live in Arcanum,Ohio. I know that God calls me His daughter. So looking forward to this study!

• Dedie says:

My name is Dedie and I too am from California. I know my nick name is Beloved <3 I am looking forward to this lesson!

• Kim says:

I’m Kim from Rockford, MI. I think God would call me child.

• Liz says:

My name is Elizabeth from Califormia and if God called me by name, it would be pumpkin 🙂 Looking forward to this lesson!

• Brittany bartlett says:

My Name is Brittany Bartlett from Indianapolis IN I want to be called daughter because parents show favor to there own children!

• Marilyn says:

I am Marilyn from Central Florida. God calls me daughter.

• Lynn says:

Hi, Lynn from Ohio. This will be my 2nd Bible Cafe study. Ladies, if you haven’t been here before, you’re in for a real treat! Been pondering what God would call me and at any given moment it changes. So I’ve decided that, like any father, God will call me by different names based on how I’m acting/feeling. But, no matter what He calls me, I know that I’m His deeply loved child!

• Kat says:

Hi…I’m Kat, from Indiana. I hope that God will call me “overcomer.”

• Jackie says:

from ONeill, NE

• Amy Douglas says:

Hi,
    I’m Amy Douglas from Auburn Alabama. I want God to call me Friend.

• Susan Lawrence says:

Hi! I’m Susan Lawrence from Nokomis, IL. “Pursuer” is the name I think (hope) God would call me.

• Skye Wald says:

Im from Bismarck North DAkota

• Skye Wald says:

I think jesus would call me Daughter

• barbie says:

Hi my name is Barbie and i am from WInston, Georgia. I am so excited about your web site,. This will also be my first online bible study. I just fisished a BEth Moore study at church and i am experiencing BIble Study WIthdrawls. im not sure what God would call me as long as He does.

• Ina says:

Hi, My name is Ina and I’m very excited about my very first online bible study experience.

• ruth says:

My name is Ruth and I am very excited to start this study. It comes at a time when it is very much needed in my life.

• Traci says:

Hi. I’m Traci from North Carolina. If God called me by name, I think it would be Traci. I think He would call me to be me that He created.

• Tamara Lewis says:

Good Evening….My name is Tamara and I am eager to learn about the names of God….Knowing the names of God will help me in my pray life and worship to God. I am excited to share with others what I will learn in this awesome Bible Study praying that their prayer life and their worship to God will increase as well…. I love God.

• Megan says:

Hello, all! My name is Megan and I’m from central Illinois. I haven’t really thought of what God would call me….beloved? daughter? I’m sure something will be revealed during this study.

I have to say- this lesson is starting at just the right time! (surprised??) The study I’m doing at church is ending this week, and we’ll have a break before the next one begins. I’ve gotten so used to digging into the Word that I don’t want to let that familiar lazy attitude creep back in. I first saw this study online last Thursday. It sounded really interesting..and truly something I’ve always wanted to learn about. Well, would anyone be surprised to find that on Friday I happened to pop into a used book store (that I’ve never been in before) and found the workbook on sale! Isn’t that awesome!? It hasn’t been marked in at all, so it’s just like buying it new. I saw that and thought, “Yes, Lord. I got it. You want me to do this study. Okay- let’s go for it!”

• Misty says:

I’m Misty from Texas. I am looking forward to this Bible study – it is my first online Bible study. I think God would call me Beloved.

• Thia Hendrix says:

My name is Thia and I am from California. I’m not sure what my nickname would be since it really depends on what season I am going through.

• Hope says:

Good morning. this is my first time, and i’m looking forward to joining this study. The study i’m currently in will be coming to an end, so this will keep in His Word.. and i’m looking forward to studying His name and His Character. Honestly, I don’t know what name… i’ll tell you at the end of the study…

• Sharon says:

Good afternoon ladies! This is my first time at Bible Cafe and I’m really looking forward to being able to complete a bible study at home since I haven’t been about to get to groups lately. I think God would call me Daughter. Looking forward to learning more about Gods character and getting to know all you ladies!

• Vu Mashengele says:

I am Vu from Calgary, Canada. First time participating on an on-line bible study but I am looking forward to spending time with the ladies. I think he would call me “Friend”…

• Jenny says:

My name is Jenny from Kentucky. I am so looking forward to this study. I know someone who keeps a list of all the names of God in her Bible. She made this list from different sermons and bible studies she did. i thought it was a cool idea and saw this study. I thought it might get me a jump start.

I’m not sure of a specific nickname but I I think he would say i was His!!

• Carol says:

Hi, my name is Carol and I am from California. God would give me the name Eagle because I will soar on wings like eagles in Isaiah 40: 31.

• Jenna D says:

I’m. Jen. I live in MN. I’m a paraprofessional at a K-8 public charter school. I think if God were to call me anything, it would be my middle name-Olubukola. It means God has added to my wealth in Yoruba.

I’m excited to be a part of an online bible study.

• Renee says:

I am Renee. I am currently in Durham, NC. As I work and am a full time graduate student it is difficult to find a local bible study. I believe that this may be the best route for me at this time to ensure that I remain accountable in the word.

If my father were to call me by name, I belive he would call me “Rebirth” (for that is the Latin meaning of Renee). And daily I pray that I am renewing my spirit in him.

• Mechelle Atchley says:

Hello, my name is Mechelle, I live in Republic, Mo. I am excited about this study!

• Kim says:

Hello, my name is Kim and I live in Ontario, Canada. God’s name for me is “Loved”.

• Sarah D says:

Sarah from Fayetteville, NC. He would call me His daughter and hopefully tack on “faithful” or “pleasing” instead of wayward or disappointing.

• Jessica says:

Jessica, Connecticut, the name the God calls me is Beloved. Its very affectionate and means “deeply/dearly loved”. It means alot to me and its also a reflection of how He sees us 🙂
    This is going to be my first online bible study… actually, I think its my first one ever so I’m pretty excited to be joining! I was praying about wanting to know who God is more and He lead me to this so I can’t wait to start!

• Chrissie says:

I’m Chrissie and I work as a travel RN, so currently I’m in Arkansas, but that will be changing in May. Because I travel it’s challenging to be involved in a study consistently, and this seems like it will be a good option for my crazy schedule! As for what God would call me, I say He would call me My Child.

• C. says:

Caroll, Oklahoma is my home though currently a happy Chicago transplant for the next few years with work.
    Torn between what study to do, today I was rereading my current bible study from Beth Moore and literally opening my book random my eyes caught a page where she states in her writings “getting to know the Healer is more important than finding healing”. Amen.

“Beloved” ….I think God would call this daughter Beloved 🙂 that name just sounds so calm and peaceful.

• Michelle says:

Hi, I’m Michelle from Greene, Iowa. This will be my first online Bible study and I’m excited and nervous at the same time. In my mind I think God would call me by Michelle, not by my nickname.

• Linda says:

Hi! I am Linda from Florida. I am finishing up Lies Women Believe and it has been a blessing. Hearing from different ladies online doing the same study has been a blessing too. I feel like I know you!!
    I’m not sure God would call me anything other than Linda.
    I’m looking forward to this study and getting to know God any better.

• Judee says:

Hi my name is Judee and I am from Greenwood Indiana. When God call me He just calls me Judee. that way He knows I’m paying attention. Otherwise He needs a 2×4.

• Samantha B says:

I forgot to add what God would call me! I think he’d call me Babygirl. My Grandma did.

• Neli says:

Did this one on my own a year or so ago, glad to do it with other ladies this time! It was a very powerful study for me, brought me closer to the reality of who God is. Ready to do it again!

• Samantha B says:

My name is Samantha, I’m a blogger & soon-to-be mama, and I live in Orillia, Ontario, Canada. This book seems wonderful and should be great!

• Linda says:

My name is Linda. I live in Hamilton, Ontario. I think God might call me “compassionate one”.

• AdeleAlys says:

My name is Adele-Alys from Matthews, NC and God likely calls me “Little Alice”…which goes back to my childhood. 350 days a year, I went by simply Adele; but, for two weeks each summer, I became known as “Little Alice”…the namesake of my fathers much married but childless Aunt Alice. It thrilled her to know she was loved and would leave a legacy. Today, the name reminds me to be kind as well as truthful.

• Jessica says:

Hi my name is Jessica. I am from Missouri. I believe God would call me His Child. Can’t wait to start reading this book!

• Sarah says:

My name is Sarah. I am not very creative, but would be fine with God calling me just that. The fact that He knows my name is already amazing.

• Kathie says:

Hi my name is Kathie and I am from Washington. His little lamb.
    Can’t wait till Bible study starts.

• Erin says:

My name is Erin and I’m from Houston! Angelfoot is a term of endearment my grandma uses. I should only hope to feel that close to God to get a nickname like that!

• Rhonda Collins says:

I am Rhonda from South Carolina. I am very much looking forward to this study and I think God will call me “my child.” I did not have a close relationship with my father who has been gone for years, so having a loving father is my favorite image of God.

• Corina says:

Hi! My name is Corina—this is my first study with Women’s Bible Cafe’. I’m very excited to get “in the word.” If God were to call me by name I think it would be Determined One.

• Linda McGill says:

My name is Linda and I live in Kentucky. This will be my first Bible study with Womens Bible Cafe and I am really looking forward to it. The affectionate name that I use for my kids and grandkids is sweetheart. Maybe God would call me by that name.

My name is Susan from Virginia. I would love to hear me call me daughter, and I pray He will call me “good and faithful servant.”

• Mandy says:

My name means worthy of love. Which is something God has taught me to cherish…Everyone who really loves me calls me Mandy Mae, so I’m thinking God would call me that.

• Jessica Aaron says:

Greetings from Louisville, Ky. Interesting to think about what God’s nickname is for me. I think he calls me Sunflower. I love nature. Sunflowers are always turning toward the sun. I strive to seek the Son, also.

• Nikki says:

Hi, I’m Nikki! 30 years old from NJ. I’m excited to be a part of this study next month. I think if God called me by name it would be my resilient one.

• Stephanie says:

My name is Stephanie. My name means Crowned One ~ so that’s what I thnk He’s call me!

• Christina says:

My name is Christina from California. I like to call my Heavenly Father “Daddy”. I think He will like to call me “My little girl” and gives me a big hug.

• Erica says:

I ordered my book and am very excited to be doing this bible study! My name is Erica and I am a mom to four wonderful children (dd 10, dd 7, ds 3, and ds 1), living in Idaho.
    Choosing a name is hard, there are so many things He could nickname me 🙂 My name means Honorable Ruler and I do tend to have a leadership type personality. So maybe that’s it.

Erica

• Ashley Lenox says:

Hello! My name is Ashley, and I am from West Virginia. I think that God would call me “My child.” I am a Christian, but I have fallen short many times and do not have a strength (that I know of anyway) in one particular area which is part of the reason why I am here! Cannot wait to start.

• Sandra says:

I am Sandra from Central Texas. “My child”

• evie730 says:

Hi my name is Yvette and I’m from Queens, NY. I would like to think God would call me my prayer warrior. That would be awesome!!

• Leigh Anne says:

Hello, my name is Leigh Anne and I live in NC. If God called me by name it may be something like, “My Quiet One”.

• Alicia says:

I’m Alicia from Buffalo, MN. If God called me by name I think that since He wants me to have child-like faith and become like a child to enter the kingdom of heaven, and since He loves me like a child because I am His child, then He would simply call me “child”.

• mary burke says:

My name is Mary and I don’t have a nickname..I hope God will say one day to me,” come and walk with me all of your family is here in heaven with me”.

• jenny whitley says:

hello,my name is jenny whitley, i am from north carolina,mother of 7.

• Cheri McDonald says:

Hi, my name is Cheri, I’m from Mississippi. No nickname but if God spoke to me, I would hope he would say “Well done, my good and faithful servant”

I’m Lauren, from Kentucky. I’ve had this book for a while, and I’m excited to get to once again study with the Women’s Bible Cafe! I guess my nickname would be “Daughter”. One of my favorite pictures of God is of Him as Abba, Father- Daddy!

I’m Angie from Delaware. No nickname but to hear God actually say out loud “My Beloved” – wow my heart would absolutely melt or I guess I should say my heart WILL melt because I will hear those words one day. 🙂

• Danielle Dayton says:

Hi! I’m Danielle and I’m from Irvine, CA. I think that God would call me, “My joy”
    “The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” – Zephaniah 3:17

• Melissa Whitbeck says:

Hi, my name is Melissa. If God called me by name, I would want Him to call me “Daughter”.

Hi, i am Sue Alice from Greenwood IN. My nickname would be “Butterfly”, because of my love for Him, and His caring for me.

• Laura says:

Hi! I am Laura living in San Jose, CA. God would call me Hope because one of my favorite verses is Romans 15:13 which says, “May the God of hope fill you wil all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by theHoly Spirit.”

• Lynne says:

Lynne from Hollandale MN. My nickname Special one. I am so special to people I have met.

• Melody Baldwin says:

Melody, from Kansas City, MO….I think my nickname would be Graced with His Love! Can’t wait for this study!

Angie from Kansas City, Missouri. I think God would call me by the nickname “Taken”!

Hi Angie. Glad you are here. I will be in your home this weekend at Beth Moore. Blessings. Oh make that the 04-13.

• Kelly (WV) says:

Kelly, currently located in Beckley, WV. A nickname for me: Sprout, He planted the seed and I am growing in him.

Kelly, i LOVE the nickname you wrote – -it has me giggling! Thank you for bringing a smile to my heart today!

• Cynthia says:

I am Cynthia from Madrid, Maine.
    My nick name would I think he would call me “Precious One”

• Esther T says:

I am Esther, my nickname would be Hadassah my name in Hebrew.

• Deb says:

Hi! My name is Deb and I’m from Becker, MN. Where God is continually growing, stretching, and challenging me, my name is becoming Brave Girl.

• Sheree Poole says:

Sheree from Lexington, SC…..He is my Father, and I am His child…so He would call me “My Child” and I can go to Him for anything!!! I am soooo looking forward to this study!! Thanks, Christine 🙂

• Myra Boss says:

Hello! I a southwestern girl but currently reside in Eastern Montana. If God had a nickname for me I think it would be Momma because not only has the Lord blessed me with six children of my own who call me Momma but has given me the gift to be a momma to others in our area by providing me with the ability of childcare.

• Linda says:

Linda in Az, my nickname would be princess :–) daughter of the King.

• Shan says:

Shan, West Central Wisconsin….My Little One…..

• Susan Lawrence says:

Susan, central Illinois. I think God might call me Tenacious. It can be a beautiful thing when used in pursuit of him…but it can also get in my way!

• Christine, California Bay Area. If God had a nickname for me I think it would be “Beloved.” I like the sound of it!