Happy Mother’s Day

By May 12, 2012Misc

• Tamera says:

My mother and I had a difficult relationship while I was growing up and it continued into adulthood. Just a couple of months ago, we were able to talk through some difficult things and then put everything aside to start a new relationship. I am so thrilled to not only call her Mom but also to call her Friend. She just celebrated her 75 birthday and I really enjoyed shopping for her birthday card this year! God is a restorer, rebuilder, and rewarded for those that cry out to him! Hallelu-jah for His great works!

• Jeannie T. says:

She was my best friend. Kind, quiet, thoughtful, generous, always loving. I miss her so much.

• Margo Myrick says:

My mama has been gone for 7 years now, We had some struggles when I was growing up, and I didn’t raise my children the exact same way that she raised us, but she raised us to be honest god believing, and hard working. I hope that I have taken all the positive values that she instilled in us and passed them down to my children. I miss just not being able to call her and chat about the progress of my children and my life.. Thank-you mama for all the things you gave up to provide for me, and all the things you gave me. I miss you and I will see you again some day!

• Kathy says:

My favorite memory of my Mom is watching her attempts to follow my dance moves during a workout. I recorded all my favorite gospel tracks. It was just hilarious to see her twirling around and laughing with me. It made the workout even more fun*

During the summer, we are able to walk together in the morning. I like to see her dressed in colorful sneakers of her choice. She is older, but her smile and style is still together and admirable.

• PAOLA says:

My favorite memory is doing her hair. Helping cooking with her and laughing a her funny jokes.

• Betty Frierson says:

My dear, precious mother went home to be with our Lord on July 1,2008. She would have been 96 in October. She still lived in her home alone (though my brother and family) lived on the property. The morning she left us she was canning tomatoes. She had them cooked on the stove and went outside to get jars to put them in. And fell on her way back in. The fact is that she was not only canning those tomatoes–she had planted them and gathered and prepared them. She just kept on working in her little garden and her flowers and she never did gi ve up though it was hard for her. She taught me so much, loved me always, prayed for me every day of her life and was always there for me. I miss her so much. She was always thankful for what she had and never depressed or worried because of what she did not have. And she taught this to my brothers and me. His example taught us to never give up and to “keep on keeping on” I was indeed blessed to have the mother that God gave to me. Happy Mother’s Day Mom!
    I miss you!

• Shannon Tomlin says:

My favorite memory of my mom is holding her in my arms. She was there for me as I came into this world and holding me and caring for me as I grew. So when she became sick it was only right that I would hold her and care for her in the same way. I help my mom next to me as she passed from this world and went on to heaven and I have to say that it was an extremely Heavenly experience that I am so proud to have been a part of. I love you and miss you dearly Mommy!

• Sheree Poole says:

My favorite memory of my mom when I was a little girl is that she could cut out the most beautiful paper dolls using folded newspapers…and when you open it up, you have the most beautiful paper dolls all holding hands in a long-g-g-g line. I thought it was the most amazing thing ever. She could also help me make a homemade doll house using the Sears catalogue. She would cut out windows and doors out of a cardboard box and then we would decorate the doll house by cutting out curtains and rugs, pictures for the walls and furniture. We would then cut out models from the catalog and paste them on the back of cardboard so they would stand up in my dollhouse. It was the most fun project ever, because we worked on it together, and I had the most special doll house….you see, we didn’t have a lot of money growing up, but we had each other and our homemade toys were so special and so beautiful, I always thought we were rich!! She would always read from the Bible to us and tell us of how great God’s love is for us. She would tell me about her mother and how her mother would read from the Bible to her and her brothes and sister. I never met my grandmother because she died when I was a baby. So I’m looking forwad to the day I will meet her in Heaven, God bless all you moms today…hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day and very special memories of your mom. I’m so blessed to have my mother with me still to this day. She is 74 years old, and is still going strong…Praise Him!! 🙂

• Nannette B. says:

Oh wow there are too many to list!! Really!!!
    But one of them is watching my sweet Mama
    working in the vegatable garden & canning.
    Happy Mother’s Day in Heaven Mama a.k. a. Clara 🙂
    I miss & love you always !

• Becky M says:

My Mom was often a single parent, Dad worked away from home many times. One of the things I remember, she was always at ball games, band performances, choral performances, whatever we were involved in Mom was there.

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Happy Mothers Day to all our mothers here at WBC

• Laverne (Missy) says:

I love my mom with everything in me, I am because she is. Our house was the house al the kids hung out in. We didn’t have much material things but we had ALOT of love and care.

My mom would braid the kids hair and make HUGE pots or chicken and rice all the kids would hang out and eat….I remember the smiles on my mom’s face. Happy Mother’s Day mom and thanks for showing me about giving back early on…

• 3 John 1: 4
    I have no greater JOY than to hear that my children are walking with the Lord.

Thanks, mom, for you example of walking with the Lord. Thanks for your life, your talk, and your love that pointed your children, grandchildren, and now great-children to want to be like Him. I miss you. ‘I love you dearly!’