Fingerprints of God Online Bible Study Week 6

Welcome back to the Womens Bible Cafe as we complete our Fingerprints of God bible study by Jennifer Rothschild. We’ve finished reading all six weeks and our study ends today as we examine how we’re shaped by God’s hand. We looked at many scripture verses this week- more than 60 in just one week! If the study went too fast for you then take some time over the summer and look back at the scripture verses. Find a few favorites, write them down and memorize them. Plant them into your heart.

Our lesson this week started with a personal testimony of Jennifer saying “I resented being characterized by my blindness because my blindness does not define me. I embrace my blindness because it refines me. God has permitted this hardship in my life.” These powerful words caused me to examine my own “labels” and how I need to keep them in alignment with God’s will. While my nephew has been diabetic since he was 2 years old, I know he wants to be defined for his achievements in skateboarding at 12 years old. His illness does not define Noah, his personal interests and activities do.

As women we can choose to define ourselves with these labels- rape, promiscuity, addictions, abortions, affairs, abuse, mother of special needs child, wife of abusive husband, cancer survivor. In reality, the only label we should wear is Daughter of the King. You are an heiress in Christ, and as such, you will go through trials. Being His daughter does not guarantee a risk free, happy and perfect life on earth. It guarantees eternal life and purpose as you walk inside God’s will. Jennifer asks “What are you willing to accept in your life to be a living miracle?” My reply: God’s will for me.

We learned about the four identities called flippant fatalist, frail fainter, faithful follower, and fruitful finisher. At the end of the lesson Jennifer invites us to be a “canvas for His glory.” Never think that you are so small or too broken for His purpose. If you surrender your life to God then He will reveal you as is masterpiece.

My version of Hebrews 12:7- Christine endures difficult relationships, for through it the LORD is visible and present- and He sees her and is always near.

Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.

Homework For Next Week

Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below

1. How do you experience God’s comfort during a refining fire? (page 90 )
  2. Share your own version of Hebrews12:7 from page 96 in the book.
  3. What are you willing to accept in your life to be a living miracle?
  4. Are you a flippant fatalist, frail fainter, faithful follower or fruitful finisher?
  5. Would you recommend this study for a friend? Why or why not?

• Carin says:

How do you experience God’s comfort during a refining fire?

By holding on to his EVERY word! Believing that everything he says is true and that if it is not the fruit of the spirit it is not from God.

Share your own version of Hebrews12:7 from page 96 in the book.
    We will reap a harvest and we will have peace.

What are you willing to accept in your life to be a living miracle?
    Lately we have been accepting a lot. I am not sure how much more we (husband & I) can handle but we know that God is using us for something.

We have been a faithful follower. We would have thrown in the towel a long time ago. It wouldn’t have hurt so much.

Would you recommend this study for a friend? Why or why not?
    Yes! This was the first study I have done with Jennifer. I forgot many times during this study that she was blind. Only her reminders did I remember. Which made me believe her blindness didn’t define her.

• Christina Shubert says:

I loved the study. I would recommend it to others. I think week 6 was my favorite. It is awesome to think God is molding me to be a living miracle. This gives me a light at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I need to be reminded that God has a purpose for me .

• Jackie says:

I am going to miss this study very much. I have been in the habit now for 6 weeks of digging into his word, and getting to know God more intimately has been a reward of that. Summer is pretty full so will miss nehemiah. I am going to try to go over this again because it was so rich, I know I will continue to gain from it. I am going to recommend this site as I have to Christian women I know. I have felt connected with these women by praying for them, and being prayed for by them these past 6 weeks…and blessed.

As many of the women have stated above, I and my son (now 28) am living miracles to even be alive. About 30 years ago, I had followed MY hearts desires and traveled from the west to the east coast to be with a man I thought I loved. I became pregnant, felt so abandoned and alone, away from family and friends. at 6 months pregnant I had given up all hope in my situation and in God. I had a loaded gun and had resolved to use it. I even felt a peace about it. I said a quick prayer, God if this is wrong you will have to stop me from doing this some how. At that moment my phone rang. It was a friend of mine that I hadn’t spoken to in over a year and didn’t know how she even had gotten my number. She told me how she was praying for me and loved and missed me. We didn’t talk for long, but my heart was lifted that day. I then resolved to commit my life and my childs life to Jesus. For the last 28 years, anytime I have been in a refining fire, I always cry out to God first, and he hears me and answers my prayers, as Psalms 121 says “where does my help come from, my help comes from the Lord.” Yes, I was a frail fainter at that time, turned definately a faithful follower. In many situations since then I have called out to Him and knew I had hope of all hopes.Miracles do happen. My son is now married and expecting his first child.

• Christine Smith says:

Jackie, I recommend you listen to any audio CD’s or MP3s you might have from previous studies, this is something you can do while on vacation. Keep near God, even during the summer months when we’re tempted to distraction.

• Andi B says:

I experience His comfort in KNOWING how much worse my condition could be and has been. I experience His comfort by feeling the effects of tuning into His message, knowing that He is constantly healing me and making my condition better and knowing that He has put family in my life that works toward making the hardships easier and bearable.

Me: “God, OW!!! This hurts!!”
    God: “I know, my child, but hold tight. It’s for your own good.”
    (just like a parent, right? I’ve said the same to Cara when she’s getting vaccinations!)

Willing to accept… Do I have a choice?? I’m willing to accept what God gives. So far, He’s given me the means to live and love through hardships. Not always happily…but always gratefully.

Aren’t we all ALL of them at one time or another? I know I am! What’s the situation? I suppose I’m always trying to be a faithful follower but as long as I’m a fruitful finisher in the end, I’m fine!

Would and have! I’ve told many of my girlfriends about what a beautiful, heartfelt and enriching study this has been! I’ve noticed positive changes in me and my reactions and I do attribute it to this study and this group. I’m going to miss this one and I look forward to the next!

• Christine Smith says:

Great comments and perspective on living through hardships. I’m glad you enjoyed the study…see you at Nehemiah!

• Anne Maxwell says:

This study was great. This last week has been tough for me but I have felt encouraged and uplifted knowing God is the potter and I am the clay. Feeling refined and disciplined and willing to endure crawling if I have to.

• Letty says:

Many times God will send a song to comfort me. Timing is always perfect but bizarre. Its always a surprise when it happens & every single time will totally blow me away. His love is incredible.

My version of Hebrews 12:7
    If Father doesn’t bother to discipline you then you aren’t His child.

I am a living miracle. My life has been hanging by a really long skinny thread for sometime. I am completely dependant upon God almost constant. I can be happy hanging precariously because I know He’s got me. It make so sense whatsoever in the natural but I am living proof your situation does not have to match your state of mind. I hope to be always willing for whatever God wills for me. I know He loves me & always wants what is best for me.

This was a real eye opener for me. Depending upon the day I can be any one of these. I was a quitter (fainter) & oblivious (fatalist) about it just last Tuesday a few hours before I did this exercise. God opened my eyes & I was shocked. I realize I have sometimes just barely gotten through & collapsed at the finish line (faithful follower). Now I am trying to see opportunities & challenges to do everything better. To be aware of my surroundings more & try to see it & the people involved through Gods loving eyes. I want more than anything to do everything really well. Crossing the finish line with joy & immediately be ready for the next test.

Absolutely yes. These few short weeks have changed my life & the way I look at the world. I would recommend it to anyone who is ready to get to know God more intimately & is ready to see Him leave His fingerprints on their heart also.

• Christine Smith says:

I’m so glad you were convicted by this study and drawing closer to God. This is why I love bible study! 🙂

• 1. God does not require us to walk through the fire alone. Jesus surely knows what it is like to walk through adversity. He is there all the way, holding our hand.
    2. God as our Father teaches us ways to live our life for him. Sometimes this requires a painful discipline, but, God knows what we need. Everything is for a reason if we are living our life as His children.
    3. Every day of my life is a living miracle for me and will continue to be so.
    4. I pray everyday that I am a faithful follower.
    5. I think this is an excellent Bible Study.

• b says:

i haven’t been posting as it is too personal, but i’ve continued the studies. i was doing both “Fingerprints . . . ” and “Knowing . . .” i was doing both at around 5 in the morning. It was as if one or both studies was written just for me for that morning at times. In the time of these studies i’ve had to call off workshops to bring Kenyans here to learn to farm and quilt and my husband asked for a divorce. He agreed to separate and now he has agreed to meet a counselor at 4pm Thursday. i hate for the class to end, because it has been my lifeline.

• Christine Smith says:

Praying the counseling session if fruitful and for healing of your marriage. Praying for your ministry too.

3. That I am still here here during all the wrong I have done in my life. I would and could not be where I am if it was not for the Grace of God. Thank you Lord.

4. I think I am a little of both frail fainter, and faithful follower.

• Laverne (Missy) says:

What are you willing to accept in your life to be a living miracle?

That I am ALIVE today I have gone through so much stupid baffoonery in my life that sometimes I feel I should not be here. BUT ohhh am I so glad that God stalked ME until I felt the pulling in my heart and I was desparate to give it all to Him. I knew he wanted it all and I hd it to give. He was destined for someone desparate and that somebody was me.

I also accept that being in church, and serving as a leader is a living miracle from GOD….

I love Him…