Welcome back to womens online bible study as we discuss Knowing God By Name by Mary Kassian. We’ve just finished reading week five in our books and we learned about the splendor of God. Our study began with a discussion of the northern lights, also known as aurora borealis. We found this video from National Geographic via YouTube and selected it because it has more than a million views…it’s a visual example of splendor.
“We are motivated to pursue that which we find most attractive,” writes Mary Kassian. She used the example of how we decorate our homes and wear clothes that make us feel attractive. When we seek a vacation destination, the most beautiful locations are always at the top of list. We want to relax in the splendor of His creation and spend time reflecting on it.
God shines bright, He is warmth and radiance in our dark world.
He delights in His children…and deserves our praise. Here’s a praise video we thought you would enjoy:
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer. Pray for the leaders of this study and the women in your small group.
Homework For The Week
- Read Week Six in your book
- Optional: Join us on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and fellowship with the other women participating in this study. This chat is optional because of the different time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
- Check in with your Small Group Leader.
Online Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below
- Give an example of when you’ve observed the splendor of God.
- Do you believe God can be both good and terrible at the same time? (page 113 )
- How do you praise the Lord? What can you do to praise Him more wholeheartedly or more completely? (page 119 )
- Share your thoughts about this week’s lesson.