And the Lord said to Paul one night in a vision, “Do not be afraid, but go on speaking and do not be silent, Acts 18:9

This post was written  by Cindy Hamilton as she shares her breast cancer journey with our readers. Please pray and support her journey of healing.

Do you believe in visions?  Throughout the last six months of my illness, God has presented Himself to me in all kinds of ways.  I’ve felt his soft touch and comforting presence in the middle of the long, dark nights, been encouraged by Him through other people, and heard from Him in His Word.  He has been my constant companion, never leaving my side.  But the other night at church, something really special happened.

Our church has a wonderful praise and worship team.  They are there to lead us in worship, giving us the opportunity to truly praise God.  It has been my life-blood these last six months.  Last Wednesday night, as I was praising God, I lifted both of my hands in worship.  I felt in my spirit that Jesus was standing right in front of me.  He grasped both my hands in the air and threaded his fingers through mine.  As we stood there, He leaned over and rested in forehead on mine.  I felt this amazing peace and power—and love.

The wonderful part about this night was that He was not just ministering to me, but to many other people there.  He is omnipresent and has the ability to love all who reach out to Him.  There is no doubt in my mind that many people felt his touch that night.

I can’t get this picture out of my head.  I wish that I could paint, and even contacted a lady about the possibility of painting it for me.  She told me that she was not comfortable painting Jesus.  But, even without this picture on paper, I have this vision of Jesus standing over me that I will cherish throughout the rest of my life.

Author WBC

Find online bible studies for women at the Womens Bible Cafe. It's also a place where you can meet other Christian women from around the world and fellowship together. If you're unable to a attend a church small group bible study then the Bible Study Cafe is just right for you! Look under "Current Studies" to see what we're reading. Bring your book and let's study the Word together.

More posts by WBC

• Mapa says:

Oh Sister indeed “oh how He loves you, oh…”.

What anencouragement of the real love of God for His children.

Thank you Cindy,thank You Lord.

• Teri Miller says:

Cindy,
    Thank you so much for sharing such a special time with the Lord! It’s amazing how Jesus shows up at just the right moment! What a sweet experience to feel the presence of our Savior. It is so like him! I imagine you even felt his life giving breath and the warmth of his gentle hands! I can feel it even now! He knows what each of his children are going through and how to specifically speak into our hearts! I remember life without him, so hopeless. I am so in love with my Savior!
    In Jesus,
    Teri Miller

• Becky M says:

Thank you for these words, Cindy.

• Sharon Compton says:

I think that would be an awesome painting. I love those visions that you never forget. The most intense for me was when I felt him sit beside me and put his arm around me. To know He was there with me and grieving alongside of me was what I needed. I have sketched Jesus walking with me without discomfort. I would suggest you try to sketch the vision and present to an artist to reproduce. It must be your picture.
    God Bless and thanks for sharing.

Cindy,

This is amazing. God is with you all the time, but to feel Him touch you is wonderful. I will pray you find someone to paint the picture for you. Love ,blessings, and hugs.

• Donna S says:

Hello Sister 🙂

What a precious moment in God’s presence!

It reminds me of the song ” He loves us, Oh how He loves us…”

Thank you for sharing your encounter… what an awesome vision!

Bless the Lord our God!

Love in Christ Jesus,
    Donna Spencer

• Cindy says:

Cindy ,
    That is an amazing testimony. I think it gives courage to the rest of us, to not give up God will come through, and He did for you so far in amazing way. It sounds like you have been a faithful servant to Him, and are experiencing His presence in a real, spiritually, manifested way. Wow, Glory!
    Thank you for sharing your experience with the Lord with Us. I am encouraged and know if you can do it in your circumstances I can certainly do it in mine. I know God can heal you completely too. I will be praying for you too. God Bless you!
    Thank you Cindy H.

• Debra Sellars says:

Dearest Cindy,
    I immensely enjoyed you sharing your heartfelt vision/encounter with God’s presence. As a child of God, if one asks, he will provide what I call “God Winks.” Of course, your description of this night was much more than a wink–HE was right there with HIS child covering you with comfort, His grace and Holy presence.
    I am on the praise team at my church, and that is how I best PRAISE my Lord. I love to read the scriptures and Christian books, but I’d much rather be singing. The worship part of our service (I feel) opens up the hardest of hearts…..and soften them in order to TRULY receive the message God’s giving to our pastor.
    Music is MY THING!
    And as far as someone painting that…..you keep asking and I bet someone will! Have you tried sketching? I have serveral artist friends? You NEED to get that painting.
    Be blessed and stay strong!
    Your sister in Christ and grace,
    Debra M. Sellars Tifton Georgia

• Laverne (Missy) says:

Cindy – how awesome to be blessed in such a way to see Him face to face. This thread almost had me in tears good happy tears thanks so much for sharing…

• Virginia Hines says:

Oh, Cindy, I fully believe you experienced an enormous God moment. And yes, dear friend, I do believe in visions and that He will enable us to “see” and enjoy Him. Thank you for sharing this.

• This is such an amazing Story!!! Jesus is amazing. I understand exactly!!! GOD is so Awesome, there are often no words to say and many times no picture can grasp His beauty. It’s incredible when you are constantly around GOD’s Presence. Continue in Faith! Hallelujah! Glory be to GOD the Most HIGH!!!

Hosanna in the Highest!!!
    For His Glory,