Welcome back to online bible study, as we discuss week two (session two) from Nehemiah, a Heart That Can Break by Kelly Minter. We now have almost 700 women participating in this summer Bible study and your commitment to read scripture during this season is impressive! If you’re like me, once you get into a habit of reading and learning scripture you don’t want to break the routine, even for a summer vacation. My Bible and my books will be traveling with me wherever I go…just as I memorize and carry His words inside my heart. They’re fuel for my day and I feed on scripture as a daily meal.
As a group, we had a powerful moment this week when many of you decided to rebuild your health. Several ladies were discussing their weight and health challenges in the Facebook chatroom, and in just a few hours we had more than 70 women form a weight loss group for this Bible study. Our inspiration came from page 40 in the book when Kelly Minter asks “Have you ever forced a plan or a dream, that in retrospect, you realized God’s hand wasn’t on?” We realized that our physical temples were neglected and in ruin, and each time we tried dieting or exercising without the presence of the LORD, we failed.
Did the LORD place it on your heart to rebuild something in your life? It might be your health, your marriage, a relationship with a child or friend, your finances…anything that seems to be filled with rubble and in need of restoration. Examine yourself and pray over this. Ask the LORD what needs rebuilding and restoration in your life. He will reveal this to you and then open doors of opportunity as He did for Nehemiah. Let the heart of Jesus move you…and His glory will shine.
We know from our lessons that Nehemiah repented for the sins of himself, his family and his nation. This week we’ll be discussing repentance in live Facebook chats so join us when it’s most convenient for your schedule. To see the chat schedule- click here
When you visit our Prayer Wall and post a prayer request, know that we have a team of 33 women who are praying for you. Some pray privately and some post a reply to your prayer. In order to receive the blessing of these prayer warriors, you need to submit your prayer request. if you have a private prayer and do not want to post it on the website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Assignment For Next Week
- Watch Video Session Three (optional due to cost)
- Complete Session Three in your book.
- Check in with your small group
- Join a live chat discussion (optional) for schedule –click here
- Join the Womens Bible Cafe Weight Loss Group- click here
- Visit Beth Moore’s blog to see her video update- click here
Group Discussion– From Beth Moore’s blog:
- Name people you’ve met and, after getting to know them, realized you’d missed them terribly before they came into your life. In others words, describe a time when you encountered people that supplied something your life was greatly missing. (page 6 )
- Why is it so vital to have a heart that can break? Discuss how you filled in your columns: what breaks your heart and where you could be more tender. (page 14 )
- What has God put in your heart to do? (page 31 )
- Have you ever forced a plan or dream that, in retrospect, you realized God’s hand wasn’t on? (page 40 )
- Discuss how disgrace can result from a collapsed wall of some kind. THEN, celebrate the reality that walls can be REBUILT. (page 39 )
- What rubble in your life is presently the most discouraging and exhausting? (page 56 )
- Pray over this verse over someone from your small group and intercede: Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your families, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes. Nehemiah 4:14 NIV
May you continue to grow in love and faith through your daily Bible study.