Welcome to our final week of The Power of God’s Names. We are ending this study with the name Immanuel, God with Us. Jesus, who actually fulfills each and every one of God’s names, came to live and die so that we can experience salvation through His name. As we study the Precious Name of Jesus this week, we will be challenged to look within our own hearts and define the meaning of our relationship with God.
Note that Dr Evans uses the terms Wear the Name, Bear the Name, and Share the Name in the video portion of Week 6. Take a few moments this week and consider how you put these things into practice. If you have been keeping a journal, write the following quote and scripture as well as what they mean to you. You may want to memorize Philippians 2:9-11, or the even the whole chapter. Finally, what is your understanding of Jesus’ life, death and resurrection? Have you come to acknowledge His saving grace and love in your life?The Name of Jesus is filled with deep meaning and abundant power. Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue acknowledged that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Philippians 2:9-11
Jesus came to live and die so that each and every one of us could have eternal life. (John 3:16) He longs not only to bless us with this gift, but He wants us to share that blessing with those around us. We must come to an understanding of how greatly we are loved and valued by God before we can share that love with others. Take some time this week and reflect on the price that Jesus paid so that you could be with Him, always. Remember, He loves you dearly and His greatest desire is that you receive His love and grow in Him.
ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK
- Read Week Six in your workbook.
- OPTIONAL: Watch Video Session Six (optional due to cost)
- Join another online Bible study
- Write a review on Amazon for this study book
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THE WEEK (share answers in small groups)
1. How have you experienced Jesus as God with us? (pg. 158-159)
2. Why is it important that Jesus can sympathize with our weaknesses and areas of struggle? (pg. 161)
3. Which of the previous names that we have learned about during this study resonates with you the most? Why? (pg.161)
4. What have you learned about Jesus this week. (pg. 170)
5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you honestly rate your desire to know God on a deeper level?
Congratulations! We have completed another amazing Bible Study together.