Congratulations on completing our online Inductive Bible Study on the book of Galatians, “Free from Bondage God’s Way” by Kay Arthur. We just completed Week Six of our study, “Bearing the Cross…and His Brandmarks.”
As we wrap up our study this week, Paul concludes his letter to the Galatians by reminding them of who they are and who they belong to. They are one in the Spirit. Therefore, they need to look after one another and bear each other’s burdens (Galatians 6:2). They are not to lose heart in doing good, for at the proper time they will reap and not grow weary (Galatians 6:9).
Although this letter was written thousands of years ago to the early Christians, it is still so prevalent to the church today.
We are so consumed by everyday life that we oftentimes forget who we belong to. We rush off to work every day. We have struggles and preoccupations with family matters, loneliness, financial problems, and we have become emotionally and spiritually drained.
Paul tells us to bear each other’s burdens and to look out for one another, reach out to each other, keep each other accountable if a brother or sister is caught up in a season of sin. We are all in this journey of life together, and we cannot look the other way. The law was powerless to change lives, but the grace of Christ has the power to change us from the inside out. And it’s that grace that gives us the power to love unselfishly!
We are a new creation in our Lord Jesus Christ (Galatians 6:15). Therefore, we have the power to go from self-centeredness to Christ-centeredness and to reach out and serve others with love.
We need to ask ourselves this question, “what can I do to serve my church and to minister to others?” One person cannot do it alone, but together as one in the body of Christ, we can make a huge difference. And as Paul says…
“The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit, brethren. Amen.” Galatians 6:18
ASSIGNMENT FOR THE WEEK:
- Join a small group and fellowship with your fellow Bible students. https://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCInductiveStudies/
- Do an online word study on “boast.” Record your findings on the Word Study Form located in “Files” in the Inductive Studies chat room.
- Store in your heart Galatians 6:14 (Week Six, Day Seven).
- Register for our next Inductive Bible study which starts March 14th https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/2016/02/ephesians-registration/
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FOR THIS WEEK (answer in small groups or post a comment here)
- What did you learn from the book of Galatians about the place of the cross in the life of a believer? To what are we crucified?
- How would remembering that you are crucified with Christ help you in your daily walk as a child of God?
- According to Galatians 6:16, what will this consciousness of the cross bring to your life?
- What is to be our relationship to others according to Galatians 6? How will you live this truth out practically?
- What did Paul mean by “I bear on my body the brand-marks of Jesus?” (Galatians 6:17). What brand-marks do you bear for the sake of Jesus Christ?