Women’s online Bible study is a place to fellowship in community! We’ve been reading “Overwhelmed: How to Quiet the Chaos and Restore the Sanity” by Kathi Lipp and Cheri Gregory. We’re on the third week of study and encourage you to get a copy of the book and join our live discussion groups. We meet seven days a week and since we believe in flexibility for busy schedules, our groups are never closed. Come join us and introduce yourself if you’re brand new.
We know many of you were on holiday last week, and getting back into Bible study does not need to trigger your sense of “overwhelm.” It’s really simple to read two chapters a week and if you don’t want to do the companion study guide, that’s okay! We select our discussion questions from the guide but you’ll still be able to answer them if you join a discussion group.
In chapter 6 this week we learned about getting on the boat- letting go of those little things that get in the way of our BIG things. We started thinking about the things we lose when we’re captivated by the details. I get that- it happens to me more than I realize too, and then the “boat is leaving without me.”
In chapter 7 this week we started thinking about our capacity for JOY, and how to increase the reservoir. Realizing that we can envy or we can enjoy was another game changer for many overwhelmed women this past week. I hope you took five minutes to read that in your Overwhelmed books this week. If not, go read it now on page 92.
Last week Cheri Gregory created a Facebook Live video on Creating the Personal Manifesto- if you missed it here’s a replay!
USEFUL TIPS for online Bible study
We’re having so much fun and really getting to know the women we meet in our live discussion groups! Great job ladies!
- If you are not getting the weekly emails, please make sure you SUBSCRIBE. Use this link: womensbiblecafe.com/newsletter
- If you subscribed and are not getting emails, check your spam folder or promotions folder.
- Cheri Gregory is posting random Facebook live videos. She’s been super sick with a stomach virus and jumping online when she feels best. Soon you’ll see regular Facebook live videos at the same time each week- watch for updates on her Facebook page.
- If you miss a Facebook live, the videos are always available to watch anytime online. Find them on our page at http://facebook.com/WomensBibleCafe or on Cheri Gregory’s Facebook page.
- Some of you said you can’t print the planner. If you don’t have a printer – go to local library and print your PDF planner, or most office supply stores have printing services.
ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK
- Pray before you begin, and also pray for our ministry leaders and the book authors.
- Read Chapter 7: “Just Try Again” vs Making Peace with Past Failures and Climbing Out of Your Rut
- Read Chapter 8: “Just Let it Go” vs Managing Your Stuff and Surroundings
- Work on your personal manifestos and planners!
- DISCUSS: Meet and Greet! <– join a discussion group once a week!
BONUS: COMPANION STUDY GUIDE- Click this link below for PDF
We will share a new study guide lesson once a week. Author Cheri Gregory is an educator and does not give out her lesson plans in advance. She wants us to complete the lesson before a new one is published. Print these out and put into a binder so you don’t lose them.
- [week 1] Chapters 1 and 2 –> https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Overwhelmed-WBC-Intro-Part-1-Ch1-Ch2.pdf
- [week 2] Chapters 3 and 4 –> https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Overwhelmed-WBC-Ch3-Ch4.pdf
- [week 3] Chapters 5 and 6 –> https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Overwhelmed_WBC_Ch5_Ch6_Study_Guide.pdf
- [week 4] Chapters 7 and 8 –> https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Overwhelmed_WBC_Ch7_Ch8.pdf
So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!”
2 Corinthians 5:20 NLT
All glory to God-
To get these weekly Bible study updates make sure you subscribe and CONFIRM permission: https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/newsletter/