Welcome back to our study of “Overwhelmed: How to Quiet the Chaos and Restore the Sanity” by Kathi Lipp and Cheri Gregory. We’re now on week four and the entire study has been a GAME CHANGER for getting out of chaos. How awesome to have these tools for redevelopment: The Personal Manifesto, the Project Map, Micro Cards, the Gratitude Jar, and Overwhelmed Planner.
Now that we’ve learned the reasons behind our clutter and overwhelm, we’re moving into the process of application. We’ll look at the methods to get our planners organized, not just pretty pieces of paper. We’ll move tasks into manageable steps. We’ll identify morning and evening routines and create time each week for “Prep and Plan!” We’re making calendars that work for us.
My prayer is that you will stay on the journey and grow in community as you are now surrounded with women who “get what you’re going through” as one friend commented in small group today. For those of you that are off track and behind on this summer study- it takes very little time to get back into the reading and groups again. Don’t give up on your goal and join us on the journey.
Last week Cheri Gregory created a Facebook Live video on Increasing Your capacity For JOY- if you missed it here’s a replay!
USEFUL TIPS for online Bible study
Several women have commented how much they enjoy this study! In our small group today a friend posted “overwhelmed team” and it made me smile because YES, we are a team on a journey!
- Share your creative ideas and photos in small groups or on our Facebook page. We really like seeing photos of your progress on this journey together.
- The Project Map is a useful tool- learn to use it and create Micro-Cards on Post-It Notes.
- If you miss a Facebook live, the videos are always available to watch anytime online. Find them on our page at http://facebook.com/WomensBibleCafe or on Cheri Gregory’s Facebook page.
- Some of you said you can’t print the planner. If you don’t have a printer – go to local library and print your PDF planner, or most office supply stores have printing services.
ASSIGNMENT FOR THIS WEEK
- Pray before you begin, and also pray for our ministry leaders and the book authors.
- Read Chapter 9: “Just Go With the Flow” vs Personalizing a Well-Defined Work Week and Day
- Read Chapter 10: “Just Clear Your Calendar” vs Creating a Calendar That Works For You
- Work on your personal manifestos, micro cards, project plans, and planners!
- DISCUSS: Meet and Greet! <– join a discussion group once a week!
BONUS: COMPANION STUDY GUIDE- Click this link below for PDF
We will share a new study guide lesson once a week. Author Cheri Gregory is an educator and does not give out her lesson plans in advance. She wants us to complete the lesson before a new one is published. Print these out and put into a binder so you don’t lose them.
- Chapters 1 and 2 https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Overwhelmed-WBC-Intro-Part-1-Ch1-Ch2.pdf
- Chapters 3 and 4 https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Overwhelmed-WBC-Ch3-Ch4.pdf
- Chapters 5 and 6 https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Overwhelmed_WBC_Ch5_Ch6_Study_Guide.pdf
- Chapters 7 and 8 https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Overwhelmed_WBC_Ch7_Ch8.pdf
- Chapters 9 and 10 https://cherigregory.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/Overwhelmed_WBC_Ch9_Ch10.pdf
“There is an appointed time for everything.
And there is a time for every event under heaven.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1 NASB
All glory to God-
To get these weekly Bible study updates make sure you subscribe: https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/newsletter/