Welcome to the Womens Bible Cafe™ Book Club- here’s what we’re reading in November 2017. Our book club group meets anytime you’re ready to chat. We have themes each day of the week and if you’re online, just look for the photo and title of the book you’re reading. Our primary focus in the book club is faith-based entertainment, and our second focus is to encourage one another to read more books. If this sounds like something you’d benefit from- come join us!
This month we’re reading books from Tricia Goyer, Liz Curtis Higgs, Ane Mulligan, Sue Detweiler, Brad Lomenick, and Sister Abegail Ntleko.[table “94” not found /]
Start reading your books on the first day of the month and set a goal to finish by the last day.
We have weekly discussion groups where you’ll meet like-minded Book Clubbers for an engaged discussion. Since we’re a diverse group of women from around the world, and in many time zones, we do not meet on a specific time but we invite you to check in on a specific day and tell us about your book.
Monthly Book Club Discussion Schedule for
Most books available at Amazon, Christian Books, Barnes and Noble and other bookstores. Some may be available at your local library( Affiliate Disclosure: Womens Bible Cafe™ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com)
Monthly Book Club Discussion –November 2017
- Monday: Nonfiction Women Who Move Mountains by Sue Detweiler
- Tuesday: Author of the Month: Walk It Out by Tricia Goyer
- Wednesday: Fiction Chapel Springs Revival (Book One) by Ane Mulligan
- Thursday: Leadership H3 Leadership: Be Humble. Stay Hungry. Always Hustle. by Brad Lomenick
- Friday: catch-up and comment on a discussion you missed in the week
- Saturday: Biographies and Missions Empty Hands, A Memoir by Sister Abegail Ntleko
- Sunday: Devotionals 31 Proverbs to Light Your Path by Liz Curtis Higgs
How to Join the Monthly Book Club
- Get a copy of the book from the library or a favorite bookstore
- Join our private facebook group (‘closed” means only members can see content, everyone can join) https://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCbooks/
Book Club Frequently Asked Questions
- Do we need a workbook or study guide for the Book Club? No. Here at the Womens Bible Cafe™ we have two different things. Our primary ministry is online Bible studies where we use workbooks and meet in live small groups throughout the week to chat about the content. Book Club is less formal and more entertainment focused.
- Where do I get the books? Amazon, Kindle, Audible, iTunes, Christianbook.com, Barnes and Noble, Christian bookstores, local or church library, or perhaps even find used copies available.
- What is the reading schedule? In order to allow for flexibility, we do not maintain a set reading schedule. Simply begin the books at the start of the month and we’ll close out the book discussions on the last day of the month.
- Where are the live chats? How do I participate in the discussions? Once you have the copy of the book(s), it’s easy to participate! We start reading at the beginning of the month. Everyone reads at their own pace. There is no set reading schedule. Look for the discussion photo for the book you have selected to read… and share your comments under the photo.
- How do you select books? Each book club leader selects her own books. Some are newly released books, or hot topics, or bestsellers..while others are books/authors we find interesting for discussion. We prayerfully consider each book before it is selected.
We encourage you to read 20 minutes a day or a chapter at night before bed! Save money when you borrow books from the library (or a friend).