We asked our Bible Cafe™ students what they wanted to study in the New Year and over 500 women responded. First we took an end of the year survey. We narrowed the list to their most recommended authors, then we narrowed the list again to their top four book choices, and they voted one final time. The end result: Breaking Free: The Journey the Stories Updated Edition by Beth Moore.
Many women felt that the #metoo movement and the anticipated Christian revival are two key factors in their decision. They want to help other women and themselves breakaway from any past oppressions so that we are together stronger. We’ll start reading the “Breaking Free: The Journey the Stories Member Book” from Beth Moore beginning January 22, 2018 and ending 11 weeks later.
Notice what I said? This is a longer than usual study, so your next opportunity to join us online will be in April! You’ll miss lots of fellowship, friendship, and love if you bypass this study.
Ask any woman who has done this study and she will tell you it’s LIFE CHANGING.
To participate in this 11-week online bible study, you’ll need a copy of the member book, available at Amazon, Christian bookstores, Barnes and Noble, Beth Moore’s blog. For our international students, there’s an iTunes or Lifeway eReader version too! This powerful book has changed lives year after year, so bring a friend to the online study and help keep each other accountable to completing the lessons.
Most of you already have this book from a past study or a “someday I want to do this” list. Check your closets before you get a copy of the book..or if you have the older version and its marked up beyond comprehension, get a new copy and start fresh!
This is a study book format with daily reading and responses. It will take you 30 minutes a day or perhaps longer if you decide to journal through the lessons.
Once a week join our private Facebook group for online discussions of Breaking Free: The Journey the Stories Member Book by Beth Moore. You’ll read your book at home with five lessons each week, answer the study questions, and then join us to participate in a private Facebook group discussion (link below).
Our groups meet seven days a week, mornings, afternoons, and evenings. Schedule is posted in the group as a “pinned post” and you can join a group anytime it fits your busy schedule! We recommend you subscribe to the Womens Bible Cafe™ newsletter so you’ll receive updates on this study, notifications on our fun giveaways, and other events.
If you are new to online bible study, please Read the Getting Started Page
Reading Schedule for Breaking Free: The Journey the Stories
- Week 1- Untying the Cords of the Yolk
- Week 2- That You May Know
- Week 3- Removing the Obstacles
- Week 4- Rebuilding the Ancient Ruins
- Week 5- Building Up the Brokenhearted
- Week 6- Beauty From Ashes
- Week 7- The Potter and the Clay
- Week 8- God’s Unfailing Love
- Week 9- The Steadfast Mind
- Week 10- The Display of His Splendor
How to Participate in the Breaking Free Online Bible Study
- Get a copy of Breaking Free Member Book by Beth Moore. Note the updated edition has a different cover than the older version, either book is fine for our study. You can find this Member Book (study guide) at Amazon, Beth Moore’s website Living Proof Ministries, Lifeway Stores, Barnes and Noble, ChristianBooks.com, or iBooks.
- Optional CD, Video Sessions to rent or buy, or audio sessions are available at Lifeway. These are great for deeper study and highly recommended!!
- Join our private Facebook group. The privacy settings say “closed” because you cannot see content until you join.
- Subscribe to receive our updates by email once a week https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/newsletter
- Follow us on social media @WomensBibleCafe
After you register, please come join our private Facebook group and then watch for announcements as we get closer to the start date. I’ll see you there!
Breaking Free Leadership Team
- Christine Abraham- writing the discussion questions
- Lakecia Harris- writing the blog posts each week
- Sonya Morris Nelson- organizing the small groups and leaders
- Stasia Nielsen- creating the small group images
Affiliate Disclosure: This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.