Introduction Week: Choose To Break Free !
We are excited to begin 2018 with the study most requested by our members, Breaking Free: Making Liberty in Christ a Reality in LIfe, by Beth Moore. Notice the word in the title, reality. Each of us has something spiritual in our hearts that we want to become real in our lives. As we begin this study, the climate of our hearts, our communities, and our homes, are not lost on us as leaders of the WBC. Our prayer for you is that you embrace where God is leading you as you uncover pleasant and not so pleasant attitudes, behaviors, and habits that may be holding you back from truly experiencing the liberty that Christ gives us on our Christian journeys. Below is a list of questions to keep in mind as we begin.
- What time will I set aside to do the study ?: Create time in your daily schedule to spend ten to fifteen minutes focusing on the day’s reading. Over the years, we have learned that just a little time adds up and more than likely you will end up spending more time than you’ve set aside.
- What do I need to break free from ?: Doing this quick heart examination will give you some direction as scriptures and conversations emerge during our weekly small group meetings.
- How can I be accountable to complete the study?: This study lasts eleven weeks and while it is happening, life is also continuing. We suggest that you find a friend who will often remind you of your commitment. Don’t be shy in asking for their help. We have multiple small groups that meet and if you miss your regular meeting you can join another.
- What can I do to remain positive when I’m feeling discouraged? Remember, the purpose of this study is to draw us closer to Christ and expose lies that we believe that cause us to not feel worthy of his love. Keep your favorite scripture close by reading it often and remind yourself of just how precious you are in God’s sight. Write out your scripture and post it somewhere you can see it multiple times during the day. Also, share your feelings in your small group.
- How can I share what I’m learning with others? If it is possible, please stay connected with the WBC throughout the week. We would love for you to visit our main facebook page to share our posts with your friends. Also, encourage others to join the study. It isn’t too late.They http://womensbiblecafe.org/2017/12/breaking-free-register/
- What can I gain by completing this study? This is a great question! Bible study should be viewed as food for your soul. God’s word fills us spiritually allowing our soul to be nourished with his healing words. A changed heart can be your biggest gain as well as a renewed outlook on life.
At the WBC, we want you to look forward to this study with an attitude of expectancy. As a bible study ask yourself the questions “What can I expect from God ?,”“ What can I expect from myself ?, “ and “What can I expect in my spiritual growth ?” by being apart of this spirit-filled community of like-minded women standing at attention to grow deeper in their faith walk.
Blessings and (((hugs))) to you on your journey!
Assignment for the Week
- On the inside cover of your book, write a letter to God and tell Him why you are doing this study.
- Complete WEEK ONE: Untying the Cords of the Yolk in the study book this week, and be ready to discuss it next week.
- Memorize Isaiah 61:1 from verse card in back of the book.
- Join a small group discussion this week. This is an introduction week to explain how the online study works…so you do not need to complete the reading assignment until next week. We meet here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
- Print the “Answers to the Video Sessions” (available in our Facebook group under the FILES TAB) so you can complete these portions of the book.
- If you are using the optional video or audio sessions, watch the “Introductory Session.”
Womens Bible Cafe™ Social Connections- Join us!
We have several places online where we’re engaging with our Bible study and Book Club friends! Look for us and connect…
Small Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
Main Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/WomensBibleCafe/
Mens Bible Cafe https://www.facebook.com/mensbiblecafe/
Founder’s Page https://www.facebook.com/ChristineAbrahamWBC/
Refocus Devotional App https://www.facebook.com/refocusapp/