Welcome back to the Womens Bible Café! We’re almost finished with What Matters Most: A Study of Philippians by Karen Ehman! This week we took an indepth look at How and Why We Run the Race. Here the Apostle Paul gives some very profound thoughts on faith, joy and living with eternal purpose. Although he was stuck in a filthy prison, his life was rich with meaning because of his deep faith in Christ Jesus alone. It is here we are encouraged to move on from the pain and heartbreak of the past. Finally, Paul speaks of pressing on towards the goal the God has for us in Christ Jesus
Let’s review a few Key Points from this week’s lesson:
- Humility is regarded as the quality or state of not thinking higher (or lower) of ourselves than we do of others. It is the right assessment of one’s own character.
- Disunity is fueled by pride (opposite of humility) and destroys relationships.
- Our attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus.
- Cooperating with God (“working out” our salvation) is for the benefit of our faith.
- Grumbling and complaining hinders our ability to “shine brightly” for the Lord.
- “Continuing in the faith” signifies experiencing God’s Word in a life-changing way.
Dear Ones, the wonderful news of these precious verses is this: God has called us for His eternal purpose and He delights in each and every one of us. Let’s run this race that God has set before us with a joyful determination.
WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT WHAT MATTERS MOST ONLINE STUDY
- Join a discussion group this week.
- Complete Week Six in the study book and be ready to discuss it next week.
- If you want to memorize verses during this study, look for the verse card in back of your study book.
- Optional video and audio sessions are available at Lifeway.
- Register for the Summer Bible study- CLICK HERE