GETTING STARTED AT THE WOMENS BIBLE CAFE™
- When is the next study? https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/online-bible-studies/
- How much does this cost? Our studies and small groups are free.
- Do you make profit from these studies? No. We currently do not write or publish the Bible study books.
- Do I need to have previous Bible study experience? Not at all, come join us!
- How do I subscribe to the Bible study? https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/newsletter/
- Hod do I unsubscribe to the emails? At the bottom of every email is the “unsubscribe” button. Click it.
- Why don’t I get the weekly updates for my bible study? Look for the confirmation email and click “confirm” link
- What happens if I start late or take a week vacation and fall behind? Join any group at any time
- Where do I find the completed studies? https://www.womensbiblecafe.com/online-bible-studies/
- Where do we meet for study? http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
- Where is the small group schedule? Pinned post at the top of each private Facebook group. Also in PDF files of the group.
- When is the small group schedule posted? Usually one week before we begin.
- Am I assigned a group? No. Select the day and time you want to attend. Show up and look for group photo on that day/time.
- What day and time do we meet? Topical studies meet seven days a week, mornings, afternoons and evenings. Inductive studies meet fewer days.
- How long are the small group meetings? One hour.
- How do I join a small group? Show up on the day and time you want to attend.
- What if I missed a small group meeting? All groups will welcome you, select another day and time in the week.
- Can my friends see my comments? Only women in the private Facebook group can see your comments.
- Do I need to have a Facebook account? WBC fellowship happens in our private Facebook group.
- Where can I share a prayer request? Post prayers and answered prayers in your small groups anytime in the week. If you are not connected with a group, look for the prayer photo in our group and comment there so our prayer team will see it.
- Are these groups video recorded so if I miss one then I can watch later? No. For privacy, the groups are not recorded with video. Look for the group photo if you miss your regular meeting, and comment under the discussion photos labeled Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.
- How do I leave the small group? Click “leave group”
BIBLE STUDY BOOKS AND VIDEO/AUDIO
- When do I start reading my study book? The first day the study begins, Monday, read week one day one.
- Where do I find the books? Amazon, Lifeway, Christian Books, Barnes and Noble
- Can I use an eBook such as Kindle? Yes, if available in electronic format.
- How much are the study workbooks? The author and publisher set the price. Shorter studies are less expensive.
- Where can I find the OPTIONAL audio/video segments for the study? Videos or audio for individual use are available at Amazon or Lifeway.com (copyright law does not permit us to share these in our groups).
- Where can I find the Answers to the Video Sessions? Look on publisher’s website or in our Facebook group under files tab.
- Do I need the leaders guide? No.
- How do you select the books for the WBC? We pray.
- What Bible do you use for online study? We recommend using the same Bible translation your local church is using. The inside cover of every book always lists the translation the author and publisher are using for that study. You can find many translations via BibleGateway.com or BlueLetterBible.org.
- I can’t afford the book, do you have scholarships? Our leaders are volunteers and do not receive an income for the work we do here. We purchase our own study books and videos for individual use. Please save $1.50 a week in a coin jar until you have enough for your own study book. Plan ahead in your budget for ongoing Bible study OR choose another ministry with a “SOAP study” which uses the Bible and no other teaching materials.
- I want a “Bible only” study, do you have that? We use study books written by various Bible scholars and teachers, similar to a college course. Look for a ministry using the SOAP study or join a local Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) group.
WBC BOOK CLUB
- What are you reading this month? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/monthly-book-club/
- Where are the discussions? We meet in a private group, join here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCbooks/
- Do I need a workbook or study guide? Not for the book club, this is an informal reading group.
- Do I need to read all the books of the month? We offer several genres- choose one or more!
- How are books selected? We pray.
- When do you announce the books for the next month? Two weeks before we begin.
- Where do I get the books? Amazon, Christian Books, Barnes and Noble, Lifeway Stores, local library.
- Where is the reading schedule posted? There is no reading schedule. Begin on the 1st of the month, finish by the last day.
- Where are the book discussions? Look for photos with book genre post your answers under the photos. There is no live event.
DONATIONS AND SPONSORS
- How do I make a donation to support this ministry? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/donate
- Support us through Go Fund Me https://www.gofundme.com/wbc-nonprofit
- How do I place a sponsor ad on your website? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/advertise/
- How is WBC supported financially? Donations, site sponsors, Amazon Associates
- When was the Womens Bible Cafe™ founded? 2009 by Christine Abraham
- What are the Terms of Service for WBC? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/terms-of-use/
- What church are you affiliated with? None. We are non-denominational. https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/our-beliefs/
- How do I become a WBC leader? Regular participation in our small group meetings, referral from WBC leader, application.
- How do I join Christian Leadership Coaching? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/coaching/
- Personal Safety- Read the safety terms from Facebook http://www.facebook.com/safety
- Use of Womens Bible Cafe™ Name https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/womens-bible-cafe-use-of-name/
If you are blocked from a Womens Bible Cafe™ group or page…
We love all women who follow our pages and join our groups, however when guidelines are violated then you will be blocked. The most common reason for blocking:
- Impersonating our ministry and using our images for your profile and pages (causing confusion)
- Inviting women from our groups to join your group and/or adding them without permission (harvesting)
- Putting others down/bullying (causing discouragement)
- Your account was hacked and you are posting porn or spam (causing offense)
- You blocked our admins or leaders (causing confusion)