GETTING STARTED AT THE WOMENS BIBLE CAFE™
- When is the next study? https://womensbiblecafe.org/all-studies/
- Do I need to have previous Bible study experience? Not at all, come join us!
- How do I subscribe to updates by email? https://womensbiblecafe.org/newsletter/
- Hod do I unsubscribe to the emails? At the bottom of every email is the “unsubscribe” button. Click it.
- Why don’t I get the weekly email updates? Look in your SPAM folder or promotions folder and add us as a safe domain.
- What happens if I start late or take a week vacation and fall behind? Join any group at any time
- Where do I find the completed studies? We have on demand Bible studies and resources at https://www.biblecafe.org/
- Where do we meet for the FREE Facebook studies? https://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCSmallGroups/
- Where do we meet for the membership site teleconference studies? https://www.biblecafe.org/
- Where is the small group schedule? Pinned post at the top of each private Facebook group. Also in PDF files of the group.
- When is the small group schedule posted? Usually one week before we begin.
- Am I assigned a group? No. Select the day and time you want to attend. Show up and look for group photo on that day/time.
- What day and time do we meet? Facebook small groups are available seven days a week, mornings, afternoons and evenings.
- How long are the Facebook small group meetings? One hour.
- How do I join a Facebook small group? Show up on the day and time you want to attend.
- What if I missed a small group meeting? All groups will welcome you, select another day and time in the week.
- Can my friends see my comments? Only women in the private Facebook group can see your comments.
- Do I need to have a Facebook account? No, you can join our membership site https://www.biblecafe.org/
- Where can I share a prayer request? Post prayers and answered prayers in your small groups anytime in the week. If you are not connected with a group, look for the prayer photo in our group and comment there so our prayer team will see it.
- Are these groups video recorded so if I miss one then I can watch later? No. For privacy, the groups are not recorded with video. Look for the group photo if you miss your regular meeting, and comment under the discussion photos labeled Q1, Q2, Q3, etc.
- How do I leave the Facebook group? Click “leave group”
BIBLE STUDY BOOKS AND VIDEO/AUDIO
- When do I start reading my study book? The first day the study begins, Monday, read week one day one.
- Where do I find the books? Amazon, Lifeway, Christian Books, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, Target
- Can I use an eBook such as Kindle? Yes, if available in electronic format.
- How much are the study workbooks? The author and publisher set the price.
- Where can I find the OPTIONAL audio/video segments for the study? Videos or audio for individual use are available at Amazon or Lifeway.com (copyright law does not permit us to share these in our groups).
- Where can I find the exclusive video teachings for the study? https://www.biblecafe.org/
- Where can I find the Answers to the Video Sessions? Look on publisher’s website, our Facebook group under files tab or our Bible Cafe™ members site under the course module.
- Do I need the leaders guide? No.
- How do you select the books for the WBC? We pray.
- What Bible do you use for online study? We recommend using the same Bible translation your local church is using. The inside cover of every book always lists the translation the author and publisher are using for that study. You can find many translations via BibleGateway.com or BlueLetterBible.org.
- I can’t afford the book, do you have scholarships? Our leaders are volunteers purchase their own study books for individual use. We do not have the funds to purchase yours. We plan ahead in our budgets for ongoing Bible study by saving $1.50 a week in a coin jar until we have enough for our study books. You can also choose another online ministry with a “SOAP study” using the Bible and no other teaching materials. Or ask a family member, friend, or local church to provide a book if you are in financial hardship.
- I want a “Bible only” study, do you have that? We use study books written by various Bible scholars and teachers, similar to a college course. Look for a ministry using the SOAP study or join a local Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) group. Our Bible Cafe™ membership site offers a 365 Bible Study Course with journaling videos
WOMENS BIBLE CAFE™ BOOK CLUB
- What are you reading this month? https://womensbiblecafe.org/book-club/
- Where are the discussions? We meet in a private group, join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WBCbooks/
- Do I need a workbook or study guide? Not for the book club, this is an informal reading group.
- Do I need to read all the books of the month? We offer several genres- choose one or more!
- How are books selected? We pray.
- When do you announce the books for the next month? We select and announce books in 3-month cycles or quarterly.
- Where do I get the books? Amazon, Christian Books, Barnes and Noble, Lifeway Stores, Walmart, Target, local library.
- Where is the reading schedule posted? Look for reading schedule on book club photos
- Where are the book discussions? Look for discussion photos with book cover and post your answers under the photos. .
DONATIONS AND SPONSORS
- How do I make a donation to support this ministry? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/donate
- How is WBC supported? Donations, site sponsors, Amazon Associates, volunteers, premium memberships
- When was the Womens Bible Cafe™ founded? 2009 by Christine Abraham
- What are the Terms of Service for WBC? https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/terms-of-use/
- What church are you affiliated with? None. We are non-denominational. https://www.womensbiblecafe.org/our-beliefs/
- How do I become a WBC leader? Regular participation in our small group meetings, referral from WBC leader, application.
- Personal Safety- Read the safety terms from Facebook http://www.facebook.com/safety
- Use of Womens Bible Cafe™ Name https://womensbiblecafe.org/use-of-name/
If you are blocked from a Womens Bible Cafe™ group or page…
We love all women who follow our pages and join our groups, however when guidelines are violated then you will be blocked. The most common reason for blocking:
- Impersonating our ministry and using our images for your profile and pages (causing confusion)
- Inviting women from our groups to join your group and/or adding them without permission (harvesting)
- Putting others down/bullying (causing discouragement)
- Your account was hacked and you are posting porn or spam (causing offense)
- You blocked our admins or leaders (causing confusion)