It’s time for Summer Bible Study to begin! Welcome to the online Bible Cafe, as we launch our newest study with Beth Moore: Siesta Summer Bible Study Three. Beth Moore has posted the Siesta Summer Bible Study 3 Launch on her blog. When you visit her blog, you’ll see a 13 minute video segment to watch.
Our online group has about 125 women from more than 32 different states. Each woman participating in the study brings a unique aspect to the group, from the seasoned Bible study warrior to the first time student. As Beth says in today’s blog post “the more alike you all are, the less you may sharpen one another.” We’re all here for the same purpose: to find intimacy with God through His Word. We’ll gather here each week on Tuesday, to discuss our workbook lessons, pray for each other, and grow in faith.
Discussions are essential to our growth and learning, so be sure to post a comment. Simply go to the end of the blog post, see the discussion question, and post a comment. If you want to reply to another member in the study, hit the “reply” link below her comment. You’ll notice comments are on moderation status…because we are a women’s blog, we’ve attracted well over 3,400 spam comments! These have been filtered out of the system via comment monitoring. We update the blog many times during the day, so visit as often as you like!
In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit. Judges 21:25 NIV (if you click on the reference, you can translate this verse to another version using BibleGateway.com)
“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.” The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? “I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve.” Like a partridge that hatches eggs it did not lay is the man who gains riches by unjust means. When his life is half gone, they will desert him, and in the end he will prove to be a fool. A glorious throne, exalted from the beginning, is the place of our sanctuary. O LORD, the hope of Israel, all who forsake you will be put to shame. Those who turn away from you will be written in the dust because they have forsaken the LORD, the spring of living water. Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. Jeremiah 17:7-14
- Write a letter to God on the inside cover of your workbook. Tell Him where you are in your life right now, and where you hope He leads you during your 6-week Bible study journey.
- Complete the first week (Session ONE) in your workbook. We’re meeting again next Tuesday to discuss session one, and then we’ll move on to session two.
- Contact Christine if you have any questions about the study or homework.
- Characterize your life in this present season using ONE WORD.
- Share a specific goal you have this summer for being in bible study.
- Give specific reasons, based upon Judges 21:25, why doing what each of us sees fit at any given time could be dangerous.
- How does Jeremiah 17:7-14 compare or contrast to Judges 21:25?