We begin our spiritual warfare online bible study today, a six-week study on enemy tactics and how to have victory over Satan. To participate in the study, you’ll need the workbook called When Godly People Do Ungodly Things by Beth Moore. If you are waiting for your workbook to arrive, you can start late and jump into the group discussions when you finish reading your chapter. Be sure to sign-up for this bible study so we know you are joining us.
I selected this Beth Moore study because it was my very first bible study and it gave me a craving for more of God’s word. By completing When Godly People Do Ungodly Things I realized how far the enemy had seduced me away from Jesus. I was no longer content with a superficial relationship with Jesus; this bible study planted a seed and I wanted to draw closer to Him. My prayer is that after completing this study you will have a stronger relationship with Jesus and a better understanding of the methods Satan uses to put a wedge between you and God.
There are fewer women participating in this bible studies than previous Bible Cafe studies. We have about 80 women in the study and a few will drop out before the study is complete. This is the result of spiritual warfare which is intended to cause you to drop out of the study, fall behind in the study, or never finish the study. It’s the work of Satan and a few good women will fall. If it happens to you, please contact us so we can pray for you and support you in your bible study journey.
This study begins with Session One in your workbook. Audio/video sessions are available from Lifeway.com and will enhance your study. Because of the cost, the audio/video sessions are not required to participate- though they are highly recommended.
- Before you start your study, we recommend you write a letter to God on the inside cover of the workbook, and date it. Tell Him why you are this study and what you hope to learn from the study. Ask Him to keep you centered and focused on the Word.
- There are five lessons each week. The lessons require about 30-45 minutes of time each day and we recommend you complete them first thing in the morning. When you read the Bible before your day begins, you are lighting the candle of His word inside you, carrying that candle throughout the day, and seeing examples of the Word as your day progresses.
- If you have any questions about the online format, please read the FAQ’s for the Bible Cafe.
- Please pray for the Spirit to guide you in study and to keep you on track with the lessons. Pray for the other women in this study and for the leaders. We have a prayer wall to post individual prayers.
For Next Week
- Monday is a US holiday so next week our study will be posted Tuesday Sept 6
- Read the Introduction and Week 1 in your workbook
- If you are using the audio CD’s listen to the Introduction and Session 1
- Please post a comment with your name, where you are from, and answer this question: If you wrote a memoir about your life, what would be the title of your book?
for example: Christine, California, “God Found Me and Gave Me Grace”