Welcome to womens online bible study as we study Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. We have more than 200+ women participating in this study. Last week we asked you to share your creative interests and saw a variety of talents. Thank you to everyone who participated and shared their thoughts by posting a comment. I especially enjoyed reading what you’d create from modeling clay as you shared your personal stories.
We’ve just finished reading week one in Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. By the time you finished this week’s lesson, you realized that God did not just create an ordinary woman…He created a Princess in His image. You were handcrafted and uniquely designed. He crowned you with glory and honor ( Psalm 8:3-4 ) and you are His crowning jewel. What you see in the mirror is not what God sees in His heart.
As women we tend to see our brokenness and dwell upon it. On page 12-13 in the book Jennifer writes a beautiful summary of the value God places on us. He doesn’t see a broken vessel…the Lord sees His daughter when He looks upon you. He treasures you. “You are the reason God established and kept His covenant. You are the reason He grew a tree that became a cross,” writes Jennifer Rothschild.
You are not hidden from God.
Does your image reflect God…or does it reflect brokenness?
Do you wear a princess crown…or a victim crown?
Are you shining His light…or your own darkness?
It’s time to look into the mirror and see what God sees when He looks at you. You are loved, you are special, you are important to God. You are NOT broken. You are valuable to God.
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.
Homework For Next Week
- Read Week Two in your book.
- Watch Video Session Two (optional due to cost) The video answers are in the back of your book in the “leaders guide”
- Optional: Join us on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and some of your small group leaders. This is optional because of the many time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
- Check in with your Small Group Leader.
Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below
- Do you accept that you are a Princess and Heiress? Why or why not?
- Share a scripture verse to remind you of your value to God. It can be from this week’s lesson or one you discover on your own.
- If you wore a crown, what would it look like? Be creative…you ladies are very good at this!
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.
Small Group Discussion
Finish these three sentences. Be prepared to discuss them with your small group this week.
- I feel valuable to God when….
- I feel noticed by God when…
- I feel God’s touch when…..
UPDATE: Small groups are full. You can still join our study, however the small groups are at capacity. So you’ll be placed on a waiting list for a small group. You can still participate by joining the online discussions and Facebook chats