Welcome back to womens online bible study as we study Fingerprints of God by Jennifer Rothschild. We’ve finished reading week five and we have one week of study remaining. This week we learned about the hand that guide us. We started the week exploring the concept of darkness and light as it relates to God. Jennifer presented us with some great scripture verses along with common cliches for dark and light. It was an interesting and fun method of learning!
Next we took a quick look at Jonah the reluctant prophet and the consequences of not following God’s will. On page 76 in the book we completed a chart of action words comparing the story of Jonah with our story related to God. You may have written “God said for Jonah to go to Nineveah, Jonah ran away, God sent a storm, Jonah was thrown overboard and God sent a fish to swallow him for three days.” Jonah was given a second chance to follow God’s command as the story continues. In your own life, you may have written “God wants my heart, I sinned, God punishes, I’m complacent, God shows mercy.” Jennifer reminds us that our story ends with mercy.
As we completed our study this week we learned from Jennifer that “Jonah’s rebellion, Manassehs’ rejection and Nebuchadnezzer’s pride fling them into darkness.” Knowing this, you are encouraged to examine your own history and see if there are any areas of a prideful past still lingering inside your heart. We learned the best cure for pride is humility.
Our Prayer Wall is the place to reach out with your prayer needs and praise reports. Please visit the page and pray for those people who are asking for you to lift them up in prayer.
Homework For Next Week
- Read Week Six in your book.
- Watch Video Session Six (optional due to cost) The video answers are in the back of your book in the “leaders guide”
- Optional: Join us on Monday’s at 6:00 PST/ 9:00 EST in a Facebook “live” chat hosted by Lakecia and some of your small group leaders. This is optional because of the many time zones and not everyone uses Facebook. To join the group –click here.
- Check in with your Small Group Leader.
Group Discussion- answer one or as many questions as you like by posting a comment below
- How can we identify when we’re walking in the light or walking in the darkness?
- How would you advise someone in this bible study to practice humility? What are some examples from your own life or something you’ve seen in others?
- How can you sprinkle light into areas of darkness?
- Share a favorite moment from this week’s lesson.